KOS Scripting

alpha tech

I Recently downloaded KOS and I kind of have an idea of what I want to do. I want to script multiple scripts to achieve an Apollo style Landing on the moon and to do this I have decided on the scripts I want to make.. The first one is the auto-launch program where the craft goes up to 5 - 10 km then preforms a gravity turn and is put on a heading until the objective altitude is reached then it coasts to Apogee then makes the circularization burn I also want it to script the if negative vertical velocity to trigger the abort action group and switch to a file that contains procedures for the abort to jettison the les and to deploy the parachutes. I need a program that will execute maneuver nodes, a lunar landing Descent and Liftoff, a reentry autopilot for displaying heat shield integrity and action groups. I will also need a few micro managing programs that I think I can code my self and some of this I may be able to do since I do not fully understand the Kerbal computing language.

• 2 months later...

This is a late reply, I know.

I've been browsing for some tutorials and guides on kos lately and I can only recommend you to go small first.

I completed a script to knockout kerbal tourists in space and return them to the surface wich took me a while. Now that I managed to put tourists in orbit and return them my first script seems verry easy.

Now im tweaking my tourist to orbit script a bit while reading through the documentation of kos and then I plan on put satelites in orbit and deorbit the ascent stage.

If you go slow and step by step with small goals you'll have more fun then dreaming big and finding out your not skilled enough.

I wish I knew how to use functions :/

you're starting your gravity turn too late, you want a smooth turn from start to at least the upper middle atmosphere (about 20k)

the one I use is modelled after my manual flights and has the key points of:

2400m 80 degrees

12k 60 degrees

24k 30 degrees

then the run to orbit

note this is modelled after my own flying, I advise you to do the same, take a close look at how you manually do a task, then code to duplicate it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.