[1.3] RealEnginesPack v1.8 OMS and Apollo engine release. 22/07/2017

Alcentar

21 hours ago, Temeter said:

RO on github already has the cfg's for RealEngines

These my words related to the answers of Cheesecake and Galileo, not to all members. Thanks you and other, who make this mod. I would like to participate in the improvement of such a wonderful game as kerbalaspisprogram, but I do not have enough skill to do something like that.

21 hours ago, Temeter said:

RO on github already has the cfg's for RealEngines.

You want to say that it's enough to copy those files into the game folder so that the engines become right? Are you talking about these files?

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs

Edited by Fenyx

5 hours ago, Fenyx said:

These my words related to the answers of Cheesecake and Galileo, not to all members. Thanks you and other, who make this mod. I would like to participate in the improvement of such a wonderful game as kerbalaspisprogram, but I do not have enough skill to do something like that.

You want to say that it's enough to copy those files into the game folder so that the engines become right? Are you talking about these files?

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/Engine_Configs

That one and the RealEngine folder in RO_SuggestedMods.

Otherwise yep, you can just download the master zip, take the folders and put them into your own RO installation. Assuming there isn't some big change that breaks compatibility, but I don't think there is anything like that.

12 hours ago, Temeter said:

Cool! ATM you more or less have to use the US variant of the V2 engine in every single playthrough (not sure if there is any RD-100).

The initial technologies of Americans and Russians are very similar because it is all based on the development of the Germans, so the RD-100 is an analog engine for the V2. 

Further progress.

RD_100.png

16 hours ago, DECQ said:

One of the most underrated add-ons with great potential.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, AlimOncul said:

Hey i got your mod on my setup and most of engines with "Can Gimbal" doesnt gimbal is there any problem have you recieved about this?

I did not understand the question. :/

Hey Alcentar

First: This is a very worthy engine pack to replace Bobcats pack.

But I found a little issue with the RD0146. The trust isn`t go straight down. There is a little deviation. I made a Pic where you can see this issue. Without a strong reaction wheel it is flipping around.

Here`s the pic. To see it better I atached a procedural interstage. You can see that the top of the arrow is not in the center of the interstage:

http://imgur.com/a/QHYNt

On 26.03.2017 at 4:06 PM, Cheesecake said:

Hey Alcentar

First: This is a very worthy engine pack to replace Bobcats pack.

But I found a little issue with the RD0146. The trust isn`t go straight down. There is a little deviation. I made a Pic where you can see this issue. Without a strong reaction wheel it is flipping around.

Here`s the pic. To see it better I atached a procedural interstage. You can see that the top of the arrow is not in the center of the interstage:

http://imgur.com/a/QHYNt

Yes, I found these errors in Unity, in the next patch I will fix it.

Update 1.4
1. Corrected the error for RD-0146
2. Added engine RD100

100_SEMI.gif
3. Added engines RD107 and RD108

1078semm.gif

By the way, look what I have. It's Vostock. :D
I learned a lot of new things while creating it, although it does not yet have an IVA.

screenshot78.png

screenshot79.png.

Darn, Last I looked you were just starting on the RD-170 family.  This is prodigious work in a short amount of time.   NICE!!!  Downloading now (and double checking if the SSTU- Expansion has an update already released for these awesome engines....  Maybe MAYBE I can finally retire the oldest mod in my game (Bobcat's Soviet Engines.)

16 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Darn, Last I looked you were just starting on the RD-170 family.  This is prodigious work in a short amount of time.   NICE!!!  Downloading now (and double checking if the SSTU- Expansion has an update already released for these awesome engines....  Maybe MAYBE I can finally retire the oldest mod in my game (Bobcat's Soviet Engines.)

Thank you ! :)

19 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

You mean a complete Vostok-Launcher? :0.0:

10487005.jpg

Of course, here's a folded model, specially in stock proportions for use with other add-ons, I have 10 days left for adapting it to the game. :P

3 hours ago, BolleT said:

does this mean that there will be a soyuz in the future?

Yes, the plans for the future of the project are large, up to FASA Russian style, I hope that I will survive and I will not get tired, after all the engines are quite tiring and I decided to take a break. :)

Noice, just when I wanted to bring my RO install up to date again :D

Would you consider putting those kinds of parts into different folders? Meaning, for example non-engine rocket parts and capsules in their own folder. Makes it a lot easier to sort out your install and avoid having duplicates (I have already 3 different soyuz or so\^\^). Installing FASA (which is great!) already requires a great cleanup operation to avoid too many duplicates.

Not that I would get rid of that vostok. That thing looks dope.

Edited by Temeter

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

Noice, just when I wanted to bring my RO install up to date again :D

Would you consider putting those kinds of parts into different folders? Meaning, for example non-engine rocket parts and capsules in their own folder. Makes it a lot easier to sort out your install and avoid having duplicates (I have already 3 different soyuz or so\^\^). Installing FASA (which is great!) already requires a great cleanup operation to avoid too many duplicates.

Not that I would get rid of that vostok. That thing looks dope.

I will try to make it as convenient as possible.

I still have many days before the 12th, I think I'll finish it in the next few days and just check for errors, but I'll release it only on a landmark date. :P

Awesome!

Alsp, small note: Russian proton engines are great. The thing they are not, is reliable. 

That said, half your engine working is really all you need to get to space! :cool:

Edited by Temeter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.