[1.3] RealEnginesPack v1.8 OMS and Apollo engine release. 22/07/2017

Alcentar

If I may also voice a request for something, I would personally like to see a Rokot/Strela... really any of the UR-100 variants. I probably will never use your parts (both because I play stockalike, and because I never actually play anymore) so don't think that this is a serious request. I just think they'd be really neat to see in KSP in your style.

15 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

If I may also voice a request for something, I would personally like to see a Rokot/Strela... really any of the UR-100 variants. I probably will never use your parts (both because I play stockalike, and because I never actually play anymore) so don't think that this is a serious request. I just think they'd be really neat to see in KSP in your style.

It's interesting but at the moment I can not really do it, Energia is a very difficult project and it takes all the time.

P.S. I also do not play in KSP, modding is a hobby, probably all who do add-ons do not play in the KSP. :)

2 hours ago, Grem said:

These engines are so beautiful that they need to be stockalike! :)

...my humble opinion. :)

1 hour ago, liquidhype said:

The title of the mod is RealEnginesPack, emphasis on the REAL. For the love of all the space gods, do not make these stockalike.

This is in both stockalike and RO thanks to  @Phineas Freak , although initially I started making them just because of RO/RSS, it's not necessary in stockalike.

I think by "stockalike" they meant the art-style of the engines/parts, not how they are configured. I am not against having them balanced for both stock and RSS/RO. I just prefer having the engines look like they are supposed to, instead of that terrible stock art-style

1 hour ago, liquidhype said:

I think by "stockalike" they meant the art-style of the engines/parts, not how they are configured. I am not against having them balanced for both stock and RSS/RO. I just prefer having the engines look like they are supposed to, instead of that terrible stock art-style

I'm not going to translate them into Stockalike style, it will always be like it was planned from the very beginning. 

By the way, does anyone know the characteristics of the separator of motors standing on the first stage of Energia? In general, no information. :/

On 18.05.2017 at 6:22 PM, liquidhype said:

No, no :) I meant that it would be great if Squad introduced these engines in the update as stock engines :)

2 hours ago, Grem said:

No, no :) I meant that it would be great if Squad introduced these engines in the update as stock engines :)

Well, this will never happen, especially given the love of Squad to NASA and the ignoring of everything that resembles Soviet/Russian technology, with the exception of Stauputnik.

By the way, there is good news, I have completed work on the external and internal interior for Buran and almost all the details imposed textures. :wink:

RealEngines v1.6

1. Fixed an issue in which RD58 was not displayed in the game
2. Added the first American engine SuperDrago, thereby opening a new page in the history of RealEngines.

SuperDrago  engine running on MonoPropellant, and not having a fixing point. 

screenshot130.png

SD in game:

image.png

Edited by Alcentar

On 28.05.2017 at 9:25 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Oh man so exciting! You're gonna put me out of business! :)

Hahah, do not worry, your niche for a long time no one will take, I just try to occupy my niche. :)
By the way, how do you make such beautiful textures? :P

25 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

Hahah, do not worry, your niche for a long time no one will take, I just try to occupy my niche. :)
By the way, how do you make such beautiful textures? :P

My textures are mostly hand painted, I'll PM you in a minute with some downloads. It's probably easiest just to see the layers. :)

• 1 month later...

@Alcentar a request. Could you fix the gimbal transforms? I know for a fact that they are broken for RD-108 verniers, NK-33, and RD-253. Not sure what other are affected. This is from not having the gimbal transform properly aligned (z pointing down the axis of thrust). Thanks!

On 10.07.2017 at 4:37 AM, NathanKell said:

@Alcentar a request. Could you fix the gimbal transforms? I know for a fact that they are broken for RD-108 verniers, NK-33, and RD-253. Not sure what other are affected. This is from not having the gimbal transform properly aligned (z pointing down the axis of thrust). Thanks!

On 10.07.2017 at 4:43 AM, leudaimon said:

I have observed the same issues on the RD-108 and RD-253. No roll control on the RD-108, and a single axis control on the RD-253.

On 10.07.2017 at 4:44 AM, Bornholio said:

I'll second that request from @NathanKell pretty please with High Test Peroxide on Top.

I checked and RD180 for which there were complaints but did not find any errors ...
On NK33 there really was an error, RD275 turns one way and it's the right job, I do not understand at all what does not work for RD-108, I checked it and it's fine.

@Alcentar On the RD-108 the verniers 'splay out' during flight. I would say, just for every gimbal transform you have, align them with +Z down, and +X to the right (so -Z is aligned with the part's +Y, gimbal +Z is aligned with the part's -Y, and +X and -X on the gimbal are aligned with the part's +X and -X). That should solve all problems.

On 12.07.2017 at 0:16 AM, NathanKell said:

@Alcentar On the RD-108 the verniers 'splay out' during flight. I would say, just for every gimbal transform you have, align them with +Z down, and +X to the right (so -Z is aligned with the part's +Y, gimbal +Z is aligned with the part's -Y, and +X and -X on the gimbal are aligned with the part's +X and -X). That should solve all problems.

Thanks!  it seems it really helped, I'll make a new update soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.