[1.3] RealEnginesPack v1.8 OMS and Apollo engine release. 22/07/2017

Alcentar

Seeing as basically all Soviet/Russian station-based spacecraft (TKS/Salyut/Almaz/Mir/Zarya/Zvezda) used a UDMH/N2O4 mix, I can only assume Polyus used the same fuels throughout the entire system, for both the propulsion engines and the auxiliary stabilization engines.

28 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

By the way, what fuel used Polyus FGB, I can not find the information

OK - so did some digging on this question for you and here's what I've found.

The Polyus FGB was, of course, the Soviet Star Wars platform.  It was mated to Energia via the FGB Block (Functional Cargo Block) and the FGB Block used for the Polyus was the standard TKS platform made up of the 11F74 and 11F77 pieces (VA and FGB blocks).  The Polyus FGB was launched strangely (upside down which lead to its untimely demise) but it doesn't appear that anything besides the inertial navigation system was different in that block leading me to the conclusion that it's the standard propulsion used on the TKS as mentioned above by @liquidhype.

Pitching in to leave my info, along @liquidhype and @rasta013:

Polyus was bulit with the FGB as the main propulsion and control system. The FGB used a pair of KRD-442 engines. This is a hypergolic engine with the following stats:

• Propellants: UDMH/NTO
  • Thrust (VAC): 4.38 kN or 0.17 kN
  • O/F Ratio: 1.76 (high thrust), 1.58 (low thrust)
  • Inert Mass: 52 Kg

The same engine is used on the Zarya module.

Source: Exponenta Educational Mathematical Site - Aeroengines (page 85)

Edited by Phineas Freak

@Phineas Freak thanks for the info!!!!
Finished texturing the launch tower, now it looks like this.

10602469.jpg

10602471.jpg

By the way, all the elements that I develop for Energia are not a 3D model that walks the Internet, it's done from scratch according to blueprints.

So I found out that the Energy of the second stage has an asymmetrical arrangement of the engines, probably it's made because of the docking system with Block-Z, which I already did. 

P.S. Very strange but really RD58 is not in the game and so far it does not seem to fix it, maybe it's Emissive animation, I hope to fix it soon. :/

2 hours ago, liquidhype said:

Would you mind giving the launch structure a transform in Unity so that it is possible to make it a launchsite using Kerbal Konstructs?

I do not understand how this works, I just need to transfer the launch of the tower to the author and he will include it in Kerbal Konstructs add-on ???

P.S. I was able to recognize RD58, and also finished Buran style the second stage.

10603184.jpg

10603200.jpg

All you need to do differently is to add an empty GameObject where you want the rocket to spawn. You can call the transform whatever you want. Don't need to do anything special. As long as the transform is there, anyone who wants to make a launchsite out of the .mu file can do so.

fQBNcDb.png

1 hour ago, liquidhype said:

All you need to do differently is to add an empty GameObject where you want the rocket to spawn. You can call the transform whatever you want. Don't need to do anything special. As long as the transform is there, anyone who wants to make a launchsite out of the .mu file can do so.

fQBNcDb.png

And yet I do not understand if attachment point will be needed? After all, in fact it will only be suitable for my add-on. 

Although, it's better to download and see how it works.

As I said, you don't need to do anything other than just adding another single transform to the model before you export it. Just export the launchpad like any other part like you normally would, except add one more transform to the model and call it whatever you want. Like in my example, I added a transform called "lc40transform". That's all you need to do.

As long as there is an extra transform available, anyone who wants to make your launchpad model into a launch site (or static) using Kerbal Konstructs can do so with a simple .cfg file.

On 03.05.2017 at 10:58 PM, liquidhype said:

As I said, you don't need to do anything other than just adding another single transform to the model before you export it. Just export the launchpad like any other part like you normally would, except add one more transform to the model and call it whatever you want. Like in my example, I added a transform called "lc40transform". That's all you need to do.

As long as there is an extra transform available, anyone who wants to make your launchpad model into a launch site (or static) using Kerbal Konstructs can do so with a simple .cfg file.

Thanks for the help!

Made a better appearance of the rocket, as well as modified the textures for Polyus, they were already in terrible condition.

Here is the overall layout of the Energia version 6SL with four blocks of the first stage and a Skif/Polyus spacecraft.

ENERGIA_VERY_FULL.gif

So did RO cfg !!! The first stage works 150sec, and the second stage works exactly 480sec, full mass 2419t without payload.  :)

18 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Made a better appearance of the rocket, as well as modified the textures for Polyus, they were already in terrible condition.

Here is the overall layout of the Energia version 6SL with four blocks of the first stage and a Skif/Polyus spacecraft.

ENERGIA_VERY_FULL.gif

So did RO cfg !!! The first stage works 150sec, and the second stage works exactly 480sec, full mass 2419t without payload.  :)

Very good.

Almost completed the imposition of textures (tiles) on Buran, although they are taken from a well-known 3d model that will significantly speed up its completion time and in the future I will add my chips to them to make them unique. 

10636772.jpg

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I have to say Alcentar, this is some amazingly impressive work that you've been doing. The community appreciates all the great new Russian hardware. :)

Thanks! given your opportunities in modeling this adds motivation !!!

I will not calm down, have finished the container for Energy, I also complete FGB Polyus, I will later be alone with Buran. :D

Energia/Buran-T

10646135.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.