[1.3] RealEnginesPack v1.8 OMS and Apollo engine release. 22/07/2017

Alcentar

9 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

It is if you know how to find it. There's a pre-release available; I have a perfectly working complete install of RO and RP-0 right now on my KSP 1.2.2. :)

Pre-release? Can you give a link to it, I can not find. :/

7 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Is this mod stock compatible? Realism Overhaul always crashes my game.

Yes, at the moment it is only in the stock version.

3 hours ago, BioRoots said:

Very nice engine. Is there a way to show the engine in the side panel because right now there are covered by the engine fairing.

I do not know why this is so, and it's really annoying, looking for how to fix the problem.

17 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Wow, these all look phenomenal! I can't wait for RO's inevitable compatibility(Either from you or from them). Keep up the good work!

Thank you, Phineas Freak has connected them to the RO, and today I'll try to check it. :)

RD120 in the design. 

Real_Engines3_blend.png

as well RD 275.

275.png

16 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

This is shaping up nicely! If your roadmap also includes engines like the LR-87, the LR-91, the AJ-10 etc then i will be sold so hard...:D

Aj-10 is the engine of the space shuttle? If this is so then it is in my plans, just as likely to make the LR-87, but on the LR-92 the first time heard, I have yet to do Russian engines and looking for more information about the US engines, to start to simulate them with some Knowledge. :)

18 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

Aj-10 is the engine of the space shuttle?

The STS one was just a variant of the AJ10. There are many variants of this engine:

• AJ10-101/104: Thor/early Delta/Vanguard upper stage.
  • AJ10-118F/K: Delta II upper stage
  • AJ10-137: Apollo CSM main engine
  • AJ10-138: Titan III Transtage upper stage
  • AJ10-190: STS OMS/Orion MPCV main engine

The problem with these is that they differ in appearance (nozzle size and mounting hardware) so you will need to make a model for each of them.

The LR-91 is the Titan II second stage engine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR91. You can say that, along with the LR-87, it's the Titan II (and later) propulsion solution.

Please, consider these as suggestions, not requests. I'd hate to hear that you burned yourself out by trying to do a lot in a short period of time!

Edited by Phineas Freak

7 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

The STS one was just a variant of the AJ10. There are many variants of this engine:

• AJ10-101/104: Thor/early Delta/Vanguard upper stage.
  • AJ10-118F/K: Delta II upper stage
  • AJ10-137: Apollo CSM main engine
  • AJ10-138: Titan III Transtage upper stage
  • AJ10-190: STS OMS/Orion MPCV main engine

The problem with these is that they differ in appearance (nozzle size and mounting hardware) so you will need to make a model for each of them.

The LR-91 is the Titan II second stage engine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LR91. You can say that, along with the LR-87, it's the Titan II (and later) propulsion solution.

Please, consider these as suggestions, not requests. I'd hate to hear that you burned yourself out by trying to do a lot in a short period of time!

Thanks for the info, I really did not know that this whole series of engines, it is very valuable information, I'll take it to the note.
Of course, I try to do at least some of them, but I hung on FXModuleLookAtConstraint line, yet she did not give in. :D

6 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Here you can find some overviews for Engines, Upperstages etc.:

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets/Specials/index.htm

It's great, you are my idol !!! :o

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

Oh this is so effing great for RO I can't even tell you :D

Probably the best lifter engine in the entire game when using RP-0!

I still have to refine it, but I hope soon to release it and RD120.

43 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

I still have to refine it, but I hope soon to release it and RD120.

Sooo looking forward to it, but no hurry! Looks like this mod might become a standard for RO users for years to come, considering the quality and selection of engines :)

Also, if you ever need more sources for data, you'll also find lots of detail here http://astronautix.com/

Edited by Temeter

2 hours ago, Temeter said:

Sooo looking forward to it, but no hurry! Looks like this mod might become a standard for RO users for years to come, considering the quality and selection of engines :)

Also, if you ever need more sources for data, you'll also find lots of detail here http://astronautix.com/

Thank you, you have drawn me great prospects. :D
This is also a great site, and a lot of information!

58 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

The AJ-10 is so annoying. If you have a US engine, there's about a 50% chance that it will be an AJ-10... :P

hahaha, that's for sure.  :D
Actually, I did not know that this is such a great series, and the fact that one of the versions of Apollo is the main engine.

I thought that this is just the name of the OMS, but this series has a great pedigree.

49 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Or a RL-10 or some variant of H-1. 

RL-10, I would also like to make it.

On 9.2.2017 at 9:55 PM, Phineas Freak said:

They are both RO and RP-0 ready.

Nice work. Downloaded your commit and gave it a try. Would've written on your PR, but it's pulled:

Engines seemed to work fine, but there is a problem with the heat textures (not sure how it's called, the texture that appear on it when it gets hot, emissives?^^'). Stock real engine work perfectly fine, yet in RO the Quad engine rockets only have 3 bells glowing (RD-0110 verniers don't glow), the R180 only has 1 engine glowing, and the single bell engines don't glow at all after continuing use. Also, mabye it's my imagination, but they seem a bit brighter than stock realengines?

Edited by Temeter

4 hours ago, Temeter said:

Nice work. Downloaded your commit and gave it a try. Would've written on your PR, but it's pulled:

Engines seemed to work fine, but there is a problem with the heat textures (not sure how it's called, the texture that appear on it when it gets hot, emissives?^^'). Stock real engine work perfectly fine, yet in RO the Quad engine rockets only have 3 bells glowing (RD-0110 verniers don't glow), the R180 only has 1 engine glowing, and the single bell engines don't glow at all after continuing use. Also, mabye it's my imagination, but they seem a bit brighter than stock realengines?

Strangely, I checked and everything works fine. In general, I can not download the RSS/RO, I do not understand what the problem is.

5 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Strangely, I checked and everything works fine. In general, I can not download the RSS/RO, I do not understand what the problem is.

Oh, your engines work perfectly fine (thats what i ment with 'stock real engines'). After seeing it, I also checked your engines in normal KSP, so I could give some feedback. Seens this behaviour only in RO.

(i hope you don't mind talking about the RO stuff in your thread because the git pr is closed? otherwise I and phineas could shift it to the ro discussion)

6 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Temeter i do not control any of the heat animations. In fact, these are one of the rare fields that are never touched by RO.

When you say "brighter" what do you mean?

Wait a sec, I'll give it another try in a clean RO install and make screenshots.~

Edited by Temeter

14 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Oh, your engines work perfectly fine. After seeing it, I also checked your stock engines, so I could give some feedback. Seens this behaviour only in RO.

(i hope you don't mind talking about the RO stuff in your thread because the git pr is closed? otherwise I and phineas could shift it to the ro discussion)

Wait a sec, I'll give it another try in a clean RO install and make screenshots.~

Of course, discuss RO, I am interested to know.

By the way, RealSolarSystem only runs on KSP64x version??? It hangs when loading the final. ;.;

4 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Of course, discuss RO, I am interested to know.

By the way, RealSolarSystem only runs on KSP64x version??? It hangs when loading the final. ;.;

Afaik there is no limitation at all, both versions work the same. Did you try a smaller texture packet? I've played 4k with the 4GB limit (it's close to the border when using some mods, tho). 8k always results in crashs.

Also, are you using better burn time (useful mod!)? I had a similar issue trying to start RSS with RO, and it only loaded after removing better burn time.

@Phineas Freak

This is warmed up RealEngines in stock, everything fine and shiny:

Spoiler

pcdPugb.jpg

uboIqND.png

And this is Realengines in a clean RO install (same install, same settings, same daytime, not even RSS):

Spoiler

VEoLQwP.jpg

edited; No, they arent actually brighter. Was the positioning of engines combined with lighting..

edit2: Made a github issue: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/issues/1547

Edited by Temeter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.