To The Mun Part 1, Can't Add Maneuver Nodes

I've only been playing a few days so I'm sure I'm missing something.  This is version 1.2.2 on a clean install after the problem started on a highly modded install.  When I open the map at the beginning of the scenario I can't select my orbit or add any nodes.  After some research I was able to open the debug log and noticed that in that scenario any time I opened the map I got this log message: "Maneuver Mode disabled".  Maybe that's not related but it sure seems suspect.  I can't figure out how to enable it and I've exhausted my search terms here and on Google.  Oh, and in my Career game I did unlock maneuvers and I've used them but not well, so I wanted to do this training scenario.  But in the scenario I can't do anything along my orbit. What am I missing?

Answering my own question in case anyone else runs into this.  Apparently regardless of whether you've actually started any new games the "Training" option picks up the selection last picked under "Start New" so if you go to training with "Career" selected you don't have access to maneuver nodes.  If you switch it to "Sandbox" and then go back to "Training" you can use maneuvers in the scenario.  I would call that a bug but I'm not sure.  I would think the scenarios would have defaulted to sandbox specifically to avoid this type of thing.

10 hours ago, sal_vager said:

It's definitely a bug, and the dev team are aware, it's actually an old bug that was fixed, but has appeared again.

I noticed the same thing.  When I would first load the mission I could not add maneuvers even though I was being instructed to by the  tutorial.  I found that if I exited and re-loaded the tutorial it would then let me complete it.  

Thanks for posting this as I wasn't sure how to describe what was happening or if it was just my system.  

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, jros83 said:

Well it's March 8 and still happening to me... I don't necessarily NEED the tutorial but I would like to do it as a refresher since it's been a while for me.

It's still bugged.

Should be fixed in the next release, it's the building states when you start KSP, unless you star a sandbox they are set at tier 1, eg new career level.

Start a sandbox game then exit it, and the tutorials and scenarios that rely on tier 3 buildings will work properly.

Hope this helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.