My game has gone into "Ghost Mode" Can you explain?

So...

I downloaded a ton of mods (I mean a TON of mods) including: *inhale* Deep Freeze Continued, Kerbalizm, KSOS Space center vehicles, Kebal Galaxy, Interstellar fuel switch, Planetary domes, KW rocketry, OTP space planes, MechJeb, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Mark IV Spaceplanes, Landertron, infernal robotics, Kerbal Planetary Base systems, Malemute, hermesIS and finally Kerbal attachment systems. (Btw my game version is 1.2.2.1622)

At first, I only had a couple of mods installed (KSOS, KWR, OPT SP, PD, MJ). When I loaded up KSP only a few of them worked. I assumed either my game was outdated or the mod was. Then when I downloaded more and sorted the game data correctly this time more of them worked but not all. This time when I had all of them installed, when I clicked on the application on my homepage nothing would happen, the game wouldn't open. I then went to the KSP folder in my Steam apps and had to start it up manually.

When the game opened everything was normal. I decided because I had so many mods installed I would need to start a new save file, and so I did. When i got to the space center and I tried to enter the Spaceplane Hangar it wouldn't open, Nor did the VAB. When I clicked on the runway to load a plane nothing would happen, same with the launchpad. I couldn't interact with anything, hence the name "Ghost Mode". I couldn't even quit the game from the menu! The only thing I did manage to interact with was the Recruitment center but once I entered I couldn't exit. In a nutshell my game is now unplayable. Could you help me or explain this?

If you have any way to help me or an explanation be sure to let me know as soon as possible. Thanks

4 hours ago, diomedea said:

Please provide info as described here, that will allow to better diagnose your issue.

*UPDATE* Ever since I had the "Ghost Mode" issue, the Steam application itself won't open. Aso since you replied I followed the tips and since then I've been deleting some mods (well, trying to at least), hoping to install the latest versions or the versions compatible with 1.2.2(.1622) But Steam still won't open. Beginning to get worried that something has gone terribly wrong.

Seems like you need to ask assistance for your Steam client. Unfortunately I am not qualified to provide support about it.

Without a working Steam client, it would be impossible to verify your KSP files, update or re-download them. But if your KSP install isn't damaged, it would still work without the Steam client (just find the KSP.exe or KSP_x64.exe in your SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program folder and launch it).

*NOTE* The KSP_x64 version of the game works just fine! But it appears that it's an older version, literally, It's an old save and only 1 mod is installed on it (Kerbal attachment systems), the first mod I installed that worked, that and Planetary Domes but that isn't installed.Other than that there are no other mods installed on this save and the ships I downloaded are nowhere to be seen.

Seems like you have different KSP folders, as if you installed different versions in each and you just launched KSP from an old one instead of the most current. But believe you know how to find other folders with KSP in them.

Correct-a-mundo my friend! And it's an older version of KSP so more mods will (likely) be compatible. All I have to do is Ctrl+C Ctrl+V all the game data from one version to the other, carefully of course! Thanks Man! I'll be sure to contact you if there are any other issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.