tomf

[1.2.2] Station Science continued (v2.2.1)

67 posts in this topic

Cool, I'll try that and let you know how I go, just in case there's others that have the same issue. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @tomf, I tried your suggestion today and still not getting contracts. Any other ideas of what I could try? Should I try modifying the config file? Or is it hard coded into the mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably hard coded, I hope to have a new version ready by the end of the weekend which should help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tomf said:

Probably hard coded, I hope to have a new version ready by the end of the weekend which should help.

Awesome. If I can help in any way please let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, PhantomC3PO said:

Awesome. If I can help in any way please let me know

Oh, and do you have docking ports unlocked? I've just spotted that that is a requirement too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ok, new release is ready, see the first post for the link.

It makes the requirements for the labs and cyclotron skill based, improves the logging, and removes the requirement to purchase parts before contracts will show up.

MKS technicians already have the skill to help with cyclotrons

Module manager can be used to allow for example, MKS biologists to work in the zoology bay. The config is below

@PART[StnSciZoo]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
    @MODULE[StationScienceModule] {
        @requiredSkills ^=:$:, BotanySkill
    }
}

Edited by tomf
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tomf said:

Oh, and do you have docking ports unlocked? I've just spotted that that is a requirement too.

Yes I have unlocked them :) 

23 minutes ago, tomf said:

Ok, new release is ready, see the first post for the link.

It makes the requirements for the labs and cyclotron skill based, improves the logging, and removes the requirement to purchase parts before contracts will show up.

MKS technicians already have the skill to help with cyclotrons

Module manager can be used to allow for example, MKS biologists to work in the zoology bay. The config is below

@PART[StnSciZoo]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
    @MODULE[StationScienceModule] {
        @requiredSkills ^=:$:, BotanySkill
    }
}

Awesome, thanks so much for releasing this so quickly. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @tomf, I'm getting constant log spam with the new version:

[LOG 22:03:23.712] [StatSci:3/18/2017 10:03:23 PM]: Checking MeetRequirements
[LOG 22:03:23.712] [StatSci:3/18/2017 10:03:23 PM]: Checking lab and a docking port

Is it possible to switch off these messages with some cfg setting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, maja said:

Hi @tomf, I'm getting constant log spam with the new version:

[LOG 22:03:23.712] [StatSci:3/18/2017 10:03:23 PM]: Checking MeetRequirements
[LOG 22:03:23.712] [StatSci:3/18/2017 10:03:23 PM]: Checking lab and a docking port

Is it possible to switch off these messages with some cfg setting?

No, but I've uploaded 2.2.1 which removes those lines. I'll might try and do something clever later.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to generate kuarks. I have 6 scientists, 1 pilot and 1 engineer. I have 1 pro-grade kuarks container. My cyclotron status is locked, research lab status is locked . What am i supposed to do to make them work? Thanks.17358909_10158236586975408_491279145098717359317_10158236586990408_1808459279502

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Imploding Quasar said:

What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to generate kuarks. I have 6 scientists, 1 pilot and 1 engineer. I have 1 pro-grade kuarks container. My cyclotron status is locked, research lab status is locked . What am i supposed to do to make them work? Thanks.

I haven't seen that before, I don't think it is coming from the station science code. I'm thinking it could be an error in your install or a mod conflict.

Have you managed to use station science before successfully? If you start a new sandbox game and cheat just a minimum station of a lab and a plant science +electricity etc into kerbin orbit will that work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No i never got it to work. I'll try in sandbox when i get home. If that doesn't work ill try to reinstall the mod.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, sorry my bad, i was using version 2.0 :confused:  Downloaded the latest version and it works :blush: 

Anyways, thanks for the quick response. :D:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tomf Great mod, used it since 1.0.5, thank you very much for continuing it! :)

Just a question that I have since the beginning, I don't know if I'm doing something worn or not, but why the station parts of the vesse type base by default? And everytime I dock, it resest to base. I can't tell you if it happens always, when some parts are present, or something though. :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, VaPaL said:

@tomf Great mod, used it since 1.0.5, thank you very much for continuing it! :)

Just a question that I have since the beginning, I don't know if I'm doing something worn or not, but why the station parts of the vesse type base by default? And everytime I dock, it resest to base. I can't tell you if it happens always, when some parts are present, or something though. :/ 

Hi @VaPaL =)

It's defined in the cfg files, think it's "VesselType".

Am not sure what would happen if it's removed =">

 

Regards

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ErevanGaming said:

Am not sure what would happen if it's removed =">

I guess tonight I will find out! :P 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now