Neri Oxman is a Lady into 3D Printing

Jonfliesgoats

This is Neri Oxman, who is working at MIT using additive manufacturing to blend art and engineering.  She is one of many examples of female engineers and scientists who break the librarian-like stereotype of smart women.  This video is sort of sales-pitchy video of her and her work.  She also has some good presentations in TED talks.

Edited by Jonfliesgoats

If you continue to post videos/links without much context i doubt lots will ever bother to read topics created by you, even if there is sometimes interesting stuff in them. But look on the first page of this subforum, i would say it slowly gets out of hand...

@Elthy

@WinkAllKerb''

You are probably right.  I go in spurts, typically at the gym.  I am also comfortable being ignored.  I read and post LOTS here.  I like the responses and input.  So I blow through a huge list of things that catch my attention, post something on all of them and wait.

Do I have a problem?  Maybe.  But I am having a good time, and I am not screaming to coworkers about politics, posting racist things on facebook, etc.  

So while your critique is fair and accurate.  I agree with it.  I still like posting "Look at these professors!  Oooh, weird helicopters!  Check out these bobbing buoys!  DARPA want proposals!".  Is a little enthusiasm about this stuff really the worst thing out there?  I would rather send out lots of crummy threads which are ignored than stuff myself into a corner and wonder whether things that catch my attention are worth discussing.  I'm having fun!

Edited by Jonfliesgoats

One suggestion would be to write a bit more about why you think a topic could be interessting for us. Also i would suggest titles that tell us a bit more, e.g. the one of this thread is more or less content free...

@Elthy

@Elthy

That's a good suggestion.  I was trying to build up steps on my Fitbit by jogging on the treadmill and thought "Lets find contemporary female innovators to discuss around my daughter!"  Sweaty fingers make for bad typing! Sothe result is massive posts on similar things without much typing.

Its not too late for me to go edit these things, however!

(My daughter is swimming in my little ponies right now, and she isn't even a year old.  They say early exposure to things is important so I am trying to get her blocks.  I also want female role models who aren't her mom that are both girly and smart.  Conventionally bookish ladies won't appeal as social pressures build an artificial choice between femininity and adventure/innovation in her mind.)

Discussion doesn't work if it's not inviting.  Does this stimulate more involvement from you?

Edited by Jonfliesgoats

darpa ... romlaglog but well if some miss some ram i may or may not re-agence or rearrange a few neuronal scheme ear & there just using a few words ... for any question you can find me here

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maison_Blanche_(hôpital_psychiatrique)

white house, psychatric hospital, srry no meta link (yet)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
are u 2 even serious or trebuchet/ms sans

On 1/7/2017 at 11:08 AM, Jonfliesgoats said:

@Vanamonde

Since many of these threads I posted are on similar topics (contemporary female innovators, DARPA stuff) how bout we condense threads?  That may alleviate the flooding effect I have done.

I don't seem to have been pinged for this post. Anyway, simply submit additional content to existing threads, if you want. You're not breaking any rules. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.