Upvotes Not Working in Gameplay and Technical Support Subforums

Dman979

Hi Mods,

I just ran a test on the upvoting system in the Gp&TS subforum. It appears that when you upvote a post and then reload the page, you can't un-upvote the post.

In a similar vein, upvoting and unupvoting a post leaves you unable to reupvote it until you reload the page. And once you reload the page from there, you can't unreupvote it.

Are these bugs or features? And if one (or both) are bugs, can you fix them, or is it up to IPS?

Edited by Dman979

18 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

@5thHorseman- I wasn't referring to the "Like this" button, I meant the arrow. Is that what you did, too?

@sal_vager- If it helps, I'm on Firefox. If you know a free video software to record my screen, I can show you.

I am too! :D

If you are using Linux I can recommend simple screen recorder by Maarten Baert.

Have you tried Firefox with plugins disabled?

Edit: I also thought you meant 'liking' posts, I'll try the votes.

Edit2: Yes it appears you're right, I don't see a way to remove the vote.

13 hours ago, Dman979 said:

@5thHorseman- I wasn't referring to the "Like this" button, I meant the arrow. Is that what you did, too?

Oh no I didn't try that, sorry.  Let me now...

I can "unupvote" before hitting refresh but not after. If I upvote a thread and "unupvote" it, I cannot upvote it again until I *DO* refresh the page. This seems consistent across posts and I agree - it makes no sense so sounds buggish.

11 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Welp, looks like we all just learned something about clarity in writing.

I think it says more about how much we use the upvoting system over (or in this case under) the "Like" system. I personally don't like the upvoting system for answers because it breaks the flow of conversation in a thread in a nonobvious way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.