Algae Fuel Synth Pack

Lt Vax

>>>Algae Fuel Synth Pack<<<

Thought I'd make an official page for this Pack.
Download:    https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/algae-synth-pack

You will need Mulch and Sunlight to produce Algae, Algae to make Sugar then Sugar to Fuels. You then need to restock Mulch now and then, so do you fly more up from Kerbin or mine metalOre to produce more?
You will also get Metal from the ore so you'll have to deal with that, do you refine it on the planet? Do you space it? Or maybe you plan to build ships there as well! We'll let you work that out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dependencies: Only if you choose to restock Mulch from other planets.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/54284-122-extraplanetary-launchpads-v560/

Compatibility:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72554-090-tweakscale-rescale-everything-v150-2014-12-24-1040-utc/

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/58236-12-real-fuels-v1200-december-21/

Easily to modify for Life Support mods, tho they weren't the goal of this mod, so I left the water out.

Picture Description Known Bugs
4umAIvO.png Extendable Algae Tank: Produces Algae, needs Mulch and sunlight to grow. Mulch will continue to be consumed in the dark unless put on cryogenic stasis. Unknown
NnoQKGw.png Algae Tank: Produces Algae and has a built in Food processor, needs Mulch and sunlight to grow. Mulch will continue to be consumed in the dark unless put on cryogenic stasis. Unknown
bhkfB3x.png Sugar Converter Mini: Converts Sugar into Fuels. Unknown
wDrLd8B.png Sugar Converter: Converts Sugar into Fuels. Unknown
0Sfoi9Y.png Algae Converter Mini: Converts Algae into Sugar. Unknown
jsJcmwv.png Sugar Converter: Converts Algae into Sugar. Old FSC texture instead of ASC
w1ANmPx.png Mono Propellant Converter: Converts Sugar and Mulch into Propellant. Unknown
PjSE7E3.png Food Processor: Processes Algae into Food. Unknown
44mOMsD.png Metal Ore Refinery Radial: Extracts Metal and Mulch from Metal Ore. (Connections on back) Unknown
Cimsu4h.png Mulch Storage Container: Stores Mulch. Unknown
S9nzxFc.png Sugar Storage Container: Stores Sugar. Unknown
DW2uh3n.png Food Storage Container: Stores Food. Unknown
ZUT7E1S.png Radial mulch Container: Stores Mulch. Unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a 'Structure Parts Pack' out so go to my projects page for the link and to see what else I have been tinkering on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

License:

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/

Edited by Lt Vax

11 hours ago, DStaal said:

A quick comment: USI-LS also uses 'Mulch' as a resource, from the CRP - and yours comes from a very different place.  It might be worth changing the name of that resource, so as not to conflict with the CRP.

As I said "It was not intended for USI but can easily be modified for it" In other words they can do it them self. As for conflicts, there should be none as there the same resource, however you can just mine for it now.

If anyone want's to post modified CGF files (I'm sure that doesn't violate my License) to make it compatible with USI go for it.

After looking at some other mods I may fix/add more to the CGF, I used 'Real Fuels' at the time because I could not find other mods that did the same but 'Tank Manager' may be the new way I go.
I will also add the 'USI' life support, originally this did not work on the KSP version I was using and having it rely on other mods can effect the usefulness of a mod.
I will try and keep it independent of these mods and maybe just have CFG's you can pop in depending on how you want it to work.
This may be done in the next week or so depending on how other life projects go. I do have a game I've been working on and due to a corruption of the data forced me to roll back to an old backup... ;.;
I have not played KSP in quite some time so a little thanks for wasting my time getting this kinda done for the public is hugely appreciated.

• 8 months later...

Almost got all these parts re-textured, some of them were more broken then I realized (AC mini is missing a chunk in the pic up top) but no one ever said any thing so I never noticed. Re-purposed the Food storage to Mulch and also added a Cone Algae tank (truncated cone). Will try and get some pics up tonight and hopefully will have it updated soon on Curse.
Also that multi joiner is out of my Structures pack, will do next.

Edited by Lt Vax
added pic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.