[1.2.2] Mil Mi-24 Hind Cockpit

20 hours ago, StereotypicalBrit said:

I will be working on making variations of the standard Hind cockpit, however they will not include FLIR or other weaponry. BD armoury already covers this (but I might consider it in the future.).

The development of this mod will be slow and steady, so please bear with. :D

I think that it would be better to just make small parts that can be attached to the regular cockpit rather than making multiple, almost identical, new cockpits tbh

On 1/16/2017 at 9:36 PM, StereotypicalBrit said:

I will be working on making variations of the standard Hind cockpit, however they will not include FLIR or other weaponry. BD armoury already covers this (but I might consider it in the future.).

The development of this mod will be slow and steady, so please bear with. :D

Yes Im aware of the armory. I meant just the nose variant where I can put the flir and down below the gun. Anyways, great job so far, and keep it up.

5 hours ago, StereotypicalBrit said:

Okayyyyy....... Here is the current WIP for the crew bay (with upper/lower doors). 85gj8We.png

^Closed.

mAxR6ow.png

^Open.

Any suggestions/feedback is welcome.

Cockpits/variants will take longer, as I've only been using Blender for a short while (and detailed stuff like that is a pain in the cheeks).

Hollow inside from front to back for command seats?

3 hours ago, StereotypicalBrit said:

http://imgur.com/a/3NxGM

Here is the the Imgur album for the cosmetic exhaust piece. I'm currently having a fair few issues with the symmetry settings in Unity, so once I've sorted that out (any help would be greatly appreciated), I will release it into the wild.

Looking good!

7 hours ago, StereotypicalBrit said:

http://imgur.com/a/3NxGM

Here is the the Imgur album for the cosmetic exhaust piece. I'm currently having a fair few issues with the symmetry settings in Unity, so once I've sorted that out (any help would be greatly appreciated), I will release it into the wild.

You mean the symmetry setup in KSP?

Try messing with those settings in the configs.

mirrorRefAxis = 0, 0, 1

23 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

You mean the symmetry setup in KSP?

Try messing with those settings in the configs.

mirrorRefAxis = 0, 0, 1

Ive tried (and failed) to get the symmetry setup working. Ive looked in other cfgs for other parts and cannot find the above text. I assume I must be doing something wrong. Cheers.

On 21/1/2017 at 0:56 PM, StereotypicalBrit said:

Okayyyyy....... Here is the current WIP for the crew bay (with upper/lower doors). 85gj8We.png

^Closed.

mAxR6ow.png

^Open.

Any suggestions/feedback is welcome.

Cockpits/variants will take longer, as I've only been using Blender for a short while (and detailed stuff like that is a pain in the cheeks).

I think maybe the windows should be concave instead of convex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
31 minutes ago, AdrianK. said:

Hi dude, are you planning to continue working on this mod someday? 

Not sure, I myself don't have much knowledge of modelling/texturing parts but if anyone wants to continue then they're more than welcome to. (I have had some ideas for more cockpits, but lack the skills to make proper parts out of them).

On 12/7/2017 at 11:25 PM, StereotypicalBrit said:

Not sure, I myself don't have much knowledge of modelling/texturing parts but if anyone wants to continue then they're more than welcome to. (I have had some ideas for more cockpits, but lack the skills to make proper parts out of them).

That is fair enough. Remember that there will be more than enough people around this forum willing to help you when it comes to modding! :)

Also thanks for the reply, nice to see that you are still around! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.