[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

You can check out the one that has been done for the OPM (Outer Planet's Mod) as the location of the planets are pretty much the same. However, KSS has more moons than OPM (not to mention distant star systems for which no DV maps have been made as of yet).

I was looking at the OPM info today and wondering if it would translate. Good to know that it should be at least close.

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

no :s but I'm waiting for someone who will help make one.

What would that entail?

14 minutes ago, RodgerYoung said:

I was looking at the OPM info today and wondering if it would translate. Good to know that it should be at least close.

What would that entail?

That guy needs my information to make the calculations :) but if someone else can do the calculations, feel free to send a pm.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Guess what time it is?

That's right! It's time for one of my famous, occasionally-scheduled data dumps of screenshots! Here they are!

Spoiler

Erel in starlight (took this one on map mode)

screenshot422.png?dl=1

Sunset Descent into Jool

screenshot423.png?dl=1

One of my Jool probes in orbit

screenshot424.png?dl=1

Crescent Laythe

screenshot425.png?dl=1

Descent into (tropical) Laythe

screenshot427.png?dl=1

View of Rilna

screenshot428.png?dl=1

Two parents

screenshot429%20(1).png?dl=1

Double suns

screenshot431.png?dl=1

Waiting for the storm to pass

screenshot433.png?dl=1

Last view of home

screenshot435.png?dl=1

City lights 

screenshot436.png?dl=1

Sunbathe

screenshot438.png?dl=1

View from Laho

screenshot444.png?dl=1

2 Suns

screenshot445.png?dl=1

Kelin rising over Elno (also made in map mode)

screenshot446.png?dl=1

Stellar Monster

screenshot447.png?dl=1

View from Ceth

screenshot448.png?dl=1

View of Rilna and Kerolon/Kerilim

screenshot450.png?dl=1

Mirnrise

screenshot440.png?dl=1

Descent into Ceth

screenshot441.png?dl=1

Sunrise on Duna

screenshot442.png?dl=1

Special thanks for StarCrusher96 for the awesome mod and shaders!

Edited by TheSpacePotato
Added more screenshots

38 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Guess what time it is?

That's right! It's time for one of my famous, occasionally-scheduled data dumps of screenshots! Here they are!

Reveal hidden contents

Erel in starlight (took this one on map mode)

screenshot422.png?dl=1

Sunset Descent into Jool

screenshot423.png?dl=1

One of my Jool probes in orbit

screenshot424.png?dl=1

Crescent Laythe

screenshot425.png?dl=1

Descent into (tropical) Laythe

screenshot427.png?dl=1

View of Rilna

screenshot428.png?dl=1

Two parents

screenshot429%20(1).png?dl=1

Double suns

screenshot431.png?dl=1

Waiting for the storm to pass

screenshot433.png?dl=1

Last view of home

screenshot435.png?dl=1

City lights 

screenshot436.png?dl=1

Sunbathe

screenshot438.png?dl=1

View from Laho

screenshot444.png?dl=1

2 Suns

screenshot445.png?dl=1

Kelin rising over Elno (also made in map mode)

screenshot446.png?dl=1

Stellar Monster

screenshot447.png?dl=1

View from Ceth

screenshot448.png?dl=1

View of Rilna and Kerolon/Kerilim

screenshot450.png?dl=1

Mirnrise

screenshot440.png?dl=1

Descent into Ceth

screenshot441.png?dl=1

Sunrise on Duna

screenshot442.png?dl=1

Special thanks for StarCrusher96 for the awesome mod and shaders!

Beautiful !! :o

On 3/5/2017 at 1:56 AM, wrobel-cwirek said:

This mod kills my computer, can someone share memory usage with it starting successful? Maybe I am doing something wrong :(

I think the minimum RAM required to use this mod is 8 GB, and even if you have it KSP takes 15-20 minutes to load.

3 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I can load this in, but when I start a new save, all I get is a pitch black screen at the Space Center. I can hear the birds tweeting, but the rest is black.

Link to log file.

It's a common scatterer bug when kerbin is moved around to a new location. Just enter the Tracking Station and leave, the screen should be proper again. 

7 minutes ago, Rushiil said:

It's a common scatterer bug when kerbin is moved around to a new location. Just enter the Tracking Station and leave, the screen should be proper again. 

I can't even see anything. I don't even have Scatterer installed.

12 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

12 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

It's a common bug listed on the front page of this mod. Remember, this mod is still a WIP. 

Are the runaway lights in in the setup screen? If yes, try and enter the Tracking Station from the left hand button bar that Ksp 1.2 introduced in the update. It's a row of buttons for all the buildings in the KSC

8 minutes ago, Rushiil said:

It's a common bug listed on the front page of this mod. Remember, this mod is still a WIP. 

Are the runaway lights in in the setup screen? If yes, try and enter the Tracking Station from the left hand button bar that Ksp 1.2 introduced in the update. It's a row of buttons for all the buildings in the KSC

The runway lights aren't there. There's no row of buttons either.

Okay I have tried everything to make this mod work. Installed on a fresh GameData folder, reinstall everything, and nothing works. I'm just getting a black screen when I load in a save.

Edited by TaintedLion

30 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Okay I have tried everything to make this mod work. Installed on a fresh GameData folder, reinstall everything, and nothing works. I'm just getting a black screen when I load in a save.

Can you send me (in PM) a list of all the mods you used in your Gamedata folder ... seems like a few from your logs. And I think you used one that is not compatible with KSS atm.

Edited by StarCrusher96

11 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Can you send me (in PM) a list of all the mods you used in your Gamedata folder ... seems like a few from your logs. And I think you used one that is not compatible with KSS atm.

Done.

id like to address an issue a lot of people are having and a fix. 4. The orbits of my vessels changed while using KSS.

QUALIFYING FACTOR: you must have started your game with KSS installed.

yea, they do that but there is a stupid easy fix to put all your orbiting machines back where they belong. I have a little ritual upon loading ksp up and it works every time.

first, while everything is PERFECT meaning all your orbiting machines are where they are supposed to be, MANUALLY create a save file and name it. THIS is what saves your butt.

second, now ksp is loaded and you have loaded your "persistent.sfs. save, enter the tracking station. you'll notice your orbits are all messed up. now exit.

now enter again. now exit. now load your manual save file and and ALL IS WELL! everything is perfect again. sometimes you can get away with only entering and exiting the tracking station once b4 save file load. SOMETIMES.

now for some feedback for starcrusher:

dude you should be charging people money for this mod. its good man. cant wait to see what you do with it down the road. i like the fact "The All" looks like a real world representation of a portal/wormhole in a stable configuration. I think a wicked idea would be to make "The All" functional that way. say if you make physical contact with it, it should teleport you to a random spot in the galaxy. just an idea from what it looks like.  quick question for ya bro, if I use "-forced3d11" will I encounter any issues? I do not have scatterer installed as it kills my system. I get very few fps. Lagtacular with scatterer.

I second what @johnnydope said. It's an amazing mod. 

@StarCrusher96

BTW, I found a fix for low fps. I kept tweaking my driver settings in the nvidia panel till I got 30fps on average in orbit and 20 on launch. So much so that I have started using shaders to make kerbal space program look pretty. (I'll post pictures later). 

I wonder, is anyone on linux using this mod successfully? I use only linux and am thinking of giving KSS a try. However, I have been following @TaintedLion's  troubles and wondering if the problem might be messed up upper/lower case configs.