[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Solution to Common Problem #4 The orbits of my vessels changed while using KSS

As some of you may have noticed, while using Kerbol Starsystem, upon loading your game you will find most of your probes/projects currently in orbital flight are NOT where they are supposed to be. This can be game breaking for a lot of OCD players. Well now there is a fix for the problem that allows you to maintain your save file without problems. Now this process can seem a bit annoying, but after doing it a couple times it goes much faster. (Practice makes perfect) So now for a step by step guide to recover your orbits and flight paths.

Qualifying Factors:

• you MUST start your game with KSS INSTALLED. (and properly)
  • you MUST ALREADY have a manually created save file to load WITH all your CORRECT orbit data.

Alright introductions aside, moving onto STEP 1 of this guide.

STEP 1:  After initial game boot, and profile load, ENTER the Tracking Station

PxFMdf4.png

Also note these are the correct target orbits im looking to achieve.

9y9R9NV.png

STEP 2:  While in the Tracking Station, take a look at your commnet visualizations and current orbit heights. You will notice both are in disarray.

43sjmaE.png

Now exit the Tracking Station.

STEP 3:  Re-enter the Tracking Station. Now you will notice one of the problems solved. COMMNET is back to normal. However orbits are still very incorrect.

VOGjz0R.png

Now exit the tracking station once more and we move on to FIXING the orbits.

STEP 4:  Hit "ESC" key and select "Load Save".

vPB6M4B.png

STEP 5:  Now select your manually made save file and load it. NOT THE PERSISTENT.SFS FILE.

xi8bwna.png

STEP 6:  After the file re-loads you are DONE!! now were going to verify it worked!! Enter the Tracking station one last time for verification.

zq2XVgJ.png

EVERYTHING is perfect once again. theres the A-27 proper AP

EB60ub5.png

There is the correct PE. Now lets check a second satellite. Double checking doesnt hurt.

PDJM2Ss.png

Sure enough, AP is correct! One last photo.

Mptcpu9.png

And there ya go. PE is correct. FIX proven 100% WORKS!!!

Hope this helps all who need this knowledge.

5 hours ago, johnnydope said:

lets not forget about increasing the science payouts depending on the distance from kerbin. the further away you are, the more rewards there should be! And maybe a bonus for full round trip recovery from other star systems back to kerbin? just an idea. I would assume most interstellar science you would want to be able to transmit 100% of the science value because returning every time to kerbin might take a few centuries.... each mission....

We've already got plans for the science payouts for the mission. Interstellar missions are going to have a much bigger payout. I highly recommend going after more Kerbin-like planets for maximum science potential.

Also, if you want a fast mission, use the Alcubierre warp drive. It narrows the travel time from a few centuries to a few minutes. It would also remove the century-long mission that would result in your recovery bonus.

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:02 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

7. I want to use several other mods that aren't included / known to be compatible with KSS.

here's a list of stuff that DOES work. Mind you I have a XEON powered computer. Great for handling lots of physics calculations.

nSfZfx3.png

27 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

We've already got plans for the science payouts for the mission. Interstellar missions are going to have a much bigger payout. I highly recommend going after more Kerbin-like planets for maximum science potential.

Also, if you want a fast mission, use the Alcubierre warp drive. It narrows the travel time from a few centuries to a few minutes. It would also remove the century-long mission that would result in your recovery bonus.

FTL drive continued I find works better, is smaller and simpler. Plus I like the beacon to beacon teleport. no few minutes.. INSTANT! only hard part is sending your probes out really early in the game so they get to their destinations in a reasonable timeframe. once the beacons are in place its teleport to your hearts content!

Edited by johnnydope

2 hours ago, johnnydope said:

here's a list of stuff that DOES work. Mind you I have a XEON powered computer. Great for handling lots of physics calculations.

nSfZfx3.png

FTL drive continued I find works better, is smaller and simpler. Plus I like the beacon to beacon teleport. no few minutes.. INSTANT! only hard part is sending your probes out really early in the game so they get to their destinations in a reasonable timeframe. once the beacons are in place its teleport to your hearts content!

I don't know why, but I feel there should be at least one star system we should travel to before FTL technology by using close or very near to light speed Crafts. Examples of such vehicles may include (but not limited to) The Daedalus Spacecraft (Project Icarus), A solar sail (Starshot) or The ISV Venture Star (AVATAR). Just so that we can begin interstellar endeavors before unlocking the FTL technology I'm the tech tree, which is more often than not the last node. And I love the look of complex net to light speed ships (especially the Venture Star). 

18 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

-> Fixed all the gradients (playing without Scatterer will look much better)

-> Improved Clouds & Lightning

-> The KSS folder will be named KSS inside GameData instead of Kerbol StarSystem

-> Faster loadingtime (LoadOnDemand)

-> Adding the Kelnis System (Trappist-1 analogue) as another optional system, and a few other celestials that were not in 0.5 (you can find a few on the diagrams I made)

-> Adding the first sciencedefs (for testing)

-> Adding more groundscattering

-> Improved some planet textures 

-> Some planets might change orbit / change a little. (Not in the Kerbol System)

-> Recources (testing), compatibility with other mods (something I'll work on this week)

-> working biomes and sciencevalues

-> More I can't remember right now!

So will we be able to play Career in 0.6 or do we have to wait a little longer?

Awesome mod BTW!

Do the visuals I see in the screenshots work on EVE or SVE(if i need them installed)? Just curious. Though I still nearly came when I saw all the glorious planets and systems added even without any enhanced visuals. I really hope to see this mod prosper!

Edited by Krimverse

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

The hostile world Hetoo (chlorine planet)

Hetoo.png?dl=1

I don't know what you mean by hostile *takes a deep breath in while lungs corrode and shrivel up* Aaah, smells like the local public pool.

1 hour ago, Krimverse said:

I don't know what you mean by hostile *takes a deep breath in while lungs corrode and shrivel up* Aaah, smells like the local public pool.

LOL

So um... @StarCrusher96 what's the ocean made of on Hetoo? Chlorine too or something worse?

Hydrochloric Acid????

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, Krimverse said:

Do the visuals I see in the screenshots work on EVE or SVE(if i need them installed)? Just curious. Though I still nearly came when I saw all the glorious planets and systems added even without any enhanced visuals. I really hope to see this mod prosper!

Hahaha :P Those visuals are made with EVE and Scatterer (KSS is 'not compatible' with SVE (due to use of other colors)). You can find the visuals for KSS at the Github page.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I am having trouble with certain planets not working properly. On planets like tylo and laythe, the atmosphere seems to be broken, in that it will show atmosphere and act like it has atmosphere for a few seconds before it disappears, then reappears and so on over and over again. This makes it impossible to areobrake or fly planes effectively. I have no other mods installed that should affect the solar system and this mods has priority. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Ssen
Typos

34 minutes ago, Ssen said:

I am having trouble with certain planets not working properly. On planets like tylo and laythe, the atmosphere seems to be broken, in that it will show atmosphere and act like it has atmosphere for a few seconds before it disappears, then reappears and so on over and over again. This makes it impossible to areobrake or fly planes effectively. I have no other mods installed that should affect the solar system and this mods has priority. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Does the atmosphere actually disappear or is it just the visuals that disappear? If the scatterer cfgs are messed up, it doesn't matter because it is just visual and doesn't actually effect the atmospheres...BUT if the actual atmosphere curves are messed up that's a big problem that should be addressed immediately 

Edited by Galileo

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Hahaha :P Those visuals are made with EVE and Scatterer (KSS is 'not compatible' with SVE (due to use of other colors)). You can find the visuals for KSS at the Github page.

Well aside from that, there are some buggy visuals with bodies of liquid upon decent into the atomosphere while the visual fixes you provided were installed(with more testing, it seems to more often happen near Taythe.). It seems to flicker a lot during that point.

Edited by Krimverse

7 hours ago, Ssen said:

It is caused by 'broken' atmospheric floatcurves. Something i already fixed in the next version of KSS. 

6 hours ago, Krimverse said:

Well aside from that, there are some buggy visuals with bodies of liquid upon decent into the atomosphere while the visual fixes you provided were installed(with more testing, it seems to more often happen near Taythe.). It seems to flicker a lot during that point.

There was an issue with the sea level - fixed in the upcoming 0.6.

On 3/18/2017 at 5:57 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

The hostile world Hetoo (chlorine planet)

-> Elno no longer has a chlorine atmo (scientific inaccurate)

=> Hetoo, a new chlorine based world around Kerolon :P 

Hetoo.png?dl=1

See, this should be renamed "Heloo" - and have a moon named "Nurse"... :wink:

*puts away big-whacking-stick-for-silly-question-asker *  :P

Looking good as always.  Looks like I've got to "try" to do a speed run through my current career so that I can use this pack in my next one.  Can't wait to see what happens when I combine this pack with a couple others!  

So... I hyperedited myself into the orbit of The Creator... and I explode no matter how far from the surface I put my ship... Is The Creator's orbit below The All's surface?