[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

53 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

I was so excited to see something that wasn't a complete overhaul, but something still amazing. Plus the lore is great. Shame it's not career ready or anything. 

According to StarCrusher, 0.6 is supposed to be career ready and is slated to be released this Sunday:P

3 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

I was so excited to see something that wasn't a complete overhaul, but something still amazing. Plus the lore is great. Shame it's not career ready or anything. 

The lore? The bulk of the lore hasn't even been implemented! We've just started working on a full story to develop it. But if you like it now, you'll love it when it's fully implemented. :cool:

2 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

According to StarCrusher, 0.6 is supposed to be career ready and is slated to be released this Sunday:P

Where did he say that? I must've missed it. :P

48 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

The lore? The bulk of the lore hasn't even been implemented! We've just started working on a full story to develop it. But if you like it now, you'll love it when it's fully implemented. :cool:

Where did he say that? I must've missed it. :P

It was a couple pages back. I plan to start a brand new career mode and work my way up to interstellar travel. I probably won't be using FTL travel. Perhaps near light speed.

7 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

It was a couple pages back. I plan to start a brand new career mode and work my way up to interstellar travel. I probably won't be using FTL travel. Perhaps near light speed.

Oh ok. Can't wait for it. :D

Using non-FTL drives make exploring KSS even more of a challenge, but it makes it much more worth it. :)

I'm working on a stock solar system playthrough at the moment (my first time keeping locked to one version until I complete it!), but I've been watching KSS VERY closely.  :)  I'm planning on this being my next playthrough, though I'll be including a couple FTL mods.  (Roverdude's and FTL Drive.)  Start from scratch, and build out to the galaxy!

On 3/28/2017 at 2:39 PM, Mr Betelgeuse said:

We're just getting started, my friend. :wink:

The idea is still in its infancy but there's gonna be a backstory and overarching theme to the mod. It will be discoverable by visiting certain bodies in the mod to get fragments of the story. Kinda like a treasure hunt.

We're hard at work with the science defs. When those are done, career and science mode will have custom science descriptions for nearly every celestial body.

We're also working on something else related to KSS that will be released to the public once it reaches a certain state of completion, but I'm not sure Starcrusher wants to reveal it yet, so I'll keep my mouth sealed for now. :P

Edited by Greatness101

On 3/28/2017 at 3:08 PM, Krimverse said:

I think KottabosGames should check this mod out and make a video on it, even in its current state it would be a very good mod to cover. What do you think about that Crusher?

I don't know what Starcrusher thinks about this, but there's a whole lot more to this mod we still want to add and it would be better in my opinion if Kottabos waited a little longer to make a video on KSS.

Although he would no doubt still be blown away by this mod if he reviewed it now. :)

And KSS certainly deserves the attention it would get if that were to happen.

Edited by Greatness101

On 29-3-2017 at 0:08 AM, Krimverse said:

I think KottabosGames should check this mod out and make a video on it, even in its current state it would be a very good mod to cover. What do you think about that Crusher?

I'd like that! but i'd rather have 0.6 covered then 0.5. 

14 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'd like that! but i'd rather have 0.6 covered then 0.5. 

Well alrighty then, I'll give the cookies some time to bake a bit longer before submitting them for review, if you're catching my drift. 

5 minutes ago, Krimverse said:

Well alrighty then, I'll give the cookies some time to bake a bit longer before submitting them for review, if you're catching my drift. 

What kinda cookies we talking about here? Better not be raisin! 

15 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Sorry for those expecting the release of KSS 0.6 this sunday. But I'll need a little more time to finish it. All I can say is that it won't take longer than 1 week.  

Oh, okay. I hope you can finish 0.6 on next week. :wink:

20 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

What kinda cookies we talking about here? Better not be raisin! 

I'm using the newly discovered type of kokoa bean found on blalo, they are mainly found in the impact basin.

Holy excrements... I'm actually really excited.

You just don't understand man. Like, I haven't played KSP in over a year or two because I just get very bored of doing the same thing over and over again. I've had the game sine 0.17 and I've always done the same thing over and over again: Sub-orbital hops, get into orbit, get into a higher orbit, orbit the Mün, land on the Mün, orbit Minmus, land on Minmus.... then so on. Same thing, rinse and repeat. The game has gotten a bit stale after playing it for so long, even with mods. 

But this mod. I just don't know why, but it's completely reinvigorated my interest in the game. There's just something nice about having Minmus no longer a moon of Kerbin, having two tiny moons for Duna, and so on. That's not even the extra solar systems. I can't wait for the release that is career ready. 

However, @StarCrusher96, I have a few questions. Outer Planet Mod (OPM) is highly regarded as one of the best planet packs out there. Is there a reason you didn't incorporate it into this mod? After all, you pretty much remade the planets from OPM and put them into this pack to quell our outer planet cravings. I still look forward to exploring the new outer planets, don't get me wrong. Also, is there by any chance to rename Voon? With all due respects, I can't get over the name Voon. Especial for the fact that the four gas giants of the Kerbol system are all four letters. I don't know if that's the aethetic you're aiming for, but Voon just seems too off. Maybe it's just me, but I just think of Voon, and think of the Moon, or poon, or anything really. Perhaps rename it to Noova (which is Voon backwards with an added 'a' at the end). I know this is a small specific, and I know most people will tell me to just shut up since it's a non-gameplay related thing that I could obviously ignore. But that's just simply my honest opinion.

Other than that, I am absolutely thrilled for this mod and can't wait to see more. 

Edited by Mr Betelgeuse

2 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

However, @StarCrusher96, I have a few questions. Outer Planet Mod (OPM) is highly regarded as one of the best planet packs out there. Is there a reason you didn't incorporate it into this mod? After all, you pretty much remade the planets from OPM and put them into this pack to quell our outer planet cravings. I still look forward to exploring the new outer planets, don't get me wrong. Also, is there by any chance to rename Voon? With all due respects, I can't get over the name Voon. Especial for the fact that the four gas giants of the Kerbol system are all four letters. I don't know if that's the aethetic you're aiming for, but Voon just seems too off. Maybe it's just me, but I just think of Voon, and think of the Moon, or poon, or anything really. Perhaps rename it to Noova (which is Voon backwards with an added 'a' at the end). I know this is a small specific, and I know most people will tell me to just shut up since it's a non-gameplay related thing that I could obviously ignore. But that's just simply my honest opinion.

Hi, thx for your excitement! 

I did not remade the OPM planets but I remade the real (solar systems) outer planets. :P OPM didn't have the 'thing' I was looking for so I started my own. 

I'm using the name Voon almost 2 years now ( YES KSS is already 2 years in dev!), so I'm sorry but I'll stick with the name for now. The names are inspired on old ideas, when KSP was still in developement. + I needed a name that sounded 'bigger than Jool'. But thanks for you opinion!

Edited by StarCrusher96

4 minutes ago, Ateballgaming said:

Does this mod impact performance in any way? I tried to use it with and without the visual fix and both times my game crashed on the main menu

You HAVE to run the game in x64.

Edited by Galileo