[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

19 minutes ago, Krimverse said:

When I knew it was April fools this morning, I simply froze in dread. Because I hate april 1st with a burning passion. Whoever made April fools popular is an ass.

Will you please clarify what is the April fools joke? I'm was thinking that starcrushers earlier post about delaying 0.6 was a joke, but not totally sure... Please clarify

55 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Will you please clarify what is the April fools joke? I'm was thinking that starcrushers earlier post about delaying 0.6 was a joke, but not totally sure... Please clarify

I'm biased against April fools in some way. But some reasons I simply dread April fools is that idiots use it as an excuse to be an ass, or when everything you see/hear is far less trustworthy than it should be and so on. It just has something to do with the fact that lame jokes liquid me off.

12 minutes ago, Krimverse said:

I'm biased against April fools in some way. But some reasons I simply dread April fools is that idiots use it as an excuse to be an ass, or when everything you see/hear is far less trustworthy than it should be and so on. It just has something to do with the fact that lame jokes liquid me off.

Ohhhh. I see now. 

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Moving the release date with a week was no joke. 

:sticktongue: I know, I thought krimverse was referring to an April fools joke. I guess it was wishful thinking. I'm sure it will be great when you're done :)

15 hours ago, Ateballgaming said:

Does this mod impact performance in any way? I tried to use it with and without the visual fix and both times my game crashed on the main menu

30 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

And you need to have at least 16Gb RAM. 

I'd say 8 Gb is enough when using the basic KSS version. But for a complete KSS, you'll need indeed 16 Gb.

Edited by StarCrusher96

17 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I did not remade the OPM planets but I remade the real (solar systems) outer planets. :P OPM didn't have the 'thing' I was looking for so I started my own. 

What exactly do you mean "thing"?

16 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

What exactly do you mean "thing"?

It didn't tickle his fancy. It didn't have exactly what he was looking for. There was this constant feeling of something missing. 

That "Thing" is kind of hard to define. It like telling an aging sports star he doesn't have "it" anymore.

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

It didn't tickle his fancy. It didn't have exactly what he was looking for. There was this constant feeling of something missing. 

That "Thing" is kind of hard to define. It like telling an aging sports star he doesn't have "it" anymore.

You're right. No offense to OPM. Still a great mod and one of the mods that inspired me to start with KSS. 

25 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

You're right. No offense to OPM. Still a great mod and one of the mods that inspired me to start with KSS. 

I like opm but I don't think it's great to be honest. People like it because it's stock alike, and that's fine. It's probably the only planet pack that could be a good addition to the stock game. But that's the problem. The stock game is boring and stale. That is why planet packs exist. Just my opinion.

Edited by Galileo

18 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

4? Ouch! 

Indeed, ouch, poor guy :(

@Ateballgaming Just for the understanding: KSP 32 bit is save to go with 2 GB, sometimes even 3 GB but becoming unstable. KSP x64 is to use more than 4 GB.

If you only have 4 GB with the system needing at least 0.5 to 1 GB for itself, there is no difference between running 32 bit or x64 on your side and that's why it keeps crashing since it is running out of memory :) 

On 02/04/2017 at 9:30 PM, Ateballgaming said:

Oh wow ok, I only have 4 so that's probably why it kept crashing haha

I managed with 8 with a ton of mods, so just run KSS, Kopernicus and Module Manager.

Might work.

On 02/04/2017 at 5:46 PM, Galileo said:

I like opm but I don't think it's great to be honest. People like it because it's stock alike, and that's fine. It's probably the only planet pack that could be a good addition to the stock game. But that's the problem. The stock game is boring and stale. That is why planet packs exist. Just my opinion.

I used to LOVE OPM as it was so alike to stock, it was basic and it worked well with other mods. But it still is a bit dull.

Stock is boring though.

:P

Edited by AR3S_TGL

On 2017-04-03 at 2:03 PM, AR3S_TGL said:

I managed with 8 with a ton of mods, so just run KSS, Kopernicus and Module Manager.

Might work.

Alright I'll try that, thanks. Although now that I think about it I can't even get to Duna so other stars may be a little out of my reach :sticktongue:

On 2017-04-03 at 7:37 AM, Tekener said:

Indeed, ouch, poor guy :(

@Ateballgaming Just for the understanding: KSP 32 bit is save to go with 2 GB, sometimes even 3 GB but becoming unstable. KSP x64 is to use more than 4 GB.

If you only have 4 GB with the system needing at least 0.5 to 1 GB for itself, there is no difference between running 32 bit or x64 on your side and that's why it keeps crashing since it is running out of memory :) 

Ah okay, that makes sense. KSP still runs pretty well with 4gb, I just can't do all of the mods that make the game look beautiful or big planet packs like this one

8 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Sorry for being impatient, but do you know when the career-steady update is coming?

Starcrusher said last Friday that last Sunday's release date was to be delayed, "but not more than a week". 

Patience is an admirable human characteristic :wink:

Edited by Voodoo8648

2 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Starcrusher said last Friday that last Sunday's release date was to be delayed, "but not more than a week". 

Patience is an admirable human characteristic :wink:

I think 0.6 is going to be released next week. :D