[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

8 hours ago, AR3S_TGL said:

I'm glad I don't have loads of defs to write. I did about 20 for a planet that's indev for this mod. I can't wait to land and complain about it's greenness.

That was just a test :o They're not in the mod because they didn't meet the requirements.

Edited by StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Defs: the text that you'll get when you perform a given experiment. 
Values: the amount of science you get when you perform a given exp

Ah, so I'm guessing "The dust is getting everywhere" eva report from mun is a science def, right?

5 hours ago, Krimverse said:

Ah, so I'm guessing "The dust is getting everywhere" eva report from mun is a science def, right?

5 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Pretty much. And then the value would be the "28 science gathered" from doing the description. 

Bingo!

Is there someone / know someone with a lot of knowledge of EVE (and willing to look into this problem)? I am not able to fix the issues I'm having with EVE + KSS, and as long as there are these issues. I can't release 0.6.

sry for waiting & thx!

problem: auroras show up and sometimes clouds in the kelin system. Not into all of the systems -> tried everything but nothing seems to work.

Edited by StarCrusher96

19 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Is there someone / know someone with a lot of knowledge of EVE (and willing to look into this problem)? I am not able to fix the issues I'm having with EVE + KSS, and as long as there are these issues. I can't release 0.6.

sry for waiting & thx!

problem: auroras show up and sometimes clouds in the kelin system. Not into all of the systems -> tried everything but nothing seems to work.

Oohh... I was warned about the bugs. I would have left while the old EVE. Though not so many opportunities, but very proven option. And with the new EVE to wait until the release of new versions of KSP 1.3...

20 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

sry for waiting & thx!

Managed to fix EVE :) thx to @Galileo

3 hours ago, Artem Kerman said:

Oohh... I was warned about the bugs. I would have left while the old EVE. Though not so many opportunities, but very proven option. And with the new EVE to wait until the release of new versions of KSP 1.3...

It is difficult to understand this comment. Are you saying that KSS will work with an older version of EVE without the bug? And the developer of EVE is not going to release an update until KSP 1.3 is out?

2 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

It is difficult to understand this comment. Are you saying that KSS will work with an older version of EVE without the bug? And the developer of EVE is not going to release an update until KSP 1.3 is out?

He says I better use the 'Old' version of EVE (like i did for 0.5) because when 1.3 is out, the 'New' Eve versions wont work. But I dont want to work with the old version. 

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

He says I better use the 'Old' version of EVE (like i did for 0.5) because when 1.3 is out, the 'New' Eve versions wont work. But I dont want to work with the old version. 

Ahh... Okay... I just now saw your comment about Galileo fixing EVE :)

I managed to still get an error with the aurora occurring EVERYWHERE on the planet.

I installed it correctly.

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

sry for waiting & thx!

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Managed to fix EVE :) thx to @Galileo

21 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Please say this is coming out this weekend! 

As a tester, I don't know when, exactly, 0.6 is going to be released. However, I can say that it would be possible for 0.6 to be released this weekend. The thing that's taking so long is getting other things finished and working, such as compatibility (and a few other surprises :wink:)

EDIT: A release date is planned. Get hyped.

Edited by TheSpacePotato

On 4/17/2017 at 1:40 PM, AR3S_TGL said:

I managed to still get an error with the aurora occurring EVERYWHERE on the planet.

Hmmm... I know this probably wasn't intentional, but I think world-wide auroras is a pretty good idea for certain planets/moons like Tropical Laythe and Taythe, since they're being constantly bathed in radiation from around their parent gas giants.

It would be a pretty cool feature :P

1 hour ago, Greatness101 said:

Hmmm... I know this probably wasn't intentional, but I think world-wide auroras is a pretty good idea for certain planets/moons like Tropical Laythe and Taythe, since they're being constantly bathed in radiation from around their parent gas giants.

There are world wide auroras in kss :) so it is not an error but intentional.

Edited by StarCrusher96

8 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

I got more RAM so i'm trying again now.

KSS 0.6 is OUT!!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

CHANGELOG:

Spoiler
  • Reduced KSS with 300 Mb
  • Converted textures to .dds (saves RAM)
  • Other improvements to save RAM
  • Renamed the Kerbol StarSystem folder: KSS
  • Added several new planets and retextured others
  • Added a few KSS flags
  • All atmospheric bodies have now custom atmospheres (floatcurves)
  • All planets have sciencevalues and working biomes!
  • New sciencedefs for Mun, Moho, Eve, Duna, Dres, Pol and Laythe (thx to @Greatness101, @TheSpacePotato and @Calvin_Maclure)
  • Compatibility with GPP (will be improved over time), Community Resources (TEST) and Researchbodies
    -> more will be added soon
  • Custom gradients (when not using visuals)
  • Improvements and more terraindetails
  • Added groundscattering to several celestials
  • Starspots and better/improved star colors
  • Fixed starbrightness (M/K types will emit a lot less energy than Kerbol, bigger stars will emit more)
  • Fixed the invisible force field around The Creator, but you're no longer able to find The Creator in the trackingstation
  • First attempt to add surface temperatures and exospheres to some celestials in the Kerbol system
  • First attempt on a plasma engine (resource: helium (tanks provided) - needs more work - test it with unlimited fuel)
  • KSS loadingscreen
  • 'New EVE' clouds + scatterer improvements (clouds sometimes dont show up - will be fixed!)
  • Kelnis System (Optional)
  • Should be career ready

Arrival.0.6.png?dl=1

Edited by StarCrusher96