[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

1. Does this work with OPM and Interstelar Adventure Revived

2. Does it Work with existing saves

3. In-depth explanation of the all please

EDIT: I know there would be 2 of the outer planets, but I mean would it work from aside from that?

Edited by A_beholder
Forgot to specify somthing

23 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

1. Does this work with OPM and Interstelar Adventure Revived

2. Does it Work with existing saves

EDIT: I know there would be 2 of the outer planets, but I mean would it work from aside from that?

1. No

2. Probably No

3. Coming soon :)

-> On the edit: there are 5 outer planets in KSS

Edited by StarCrusher96

40 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

A full in-depth explanation of The All hasn't been worked out fully. The lore developers still have to work on that part, as even they don't fully know the whole history of The All. In a future update, however, you'll be able to track down the secrets and find the explanation yourself. :wink:

I just realized that this mod

30 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

1. No

2. Probably No

3. Coming soon :)

-> On the edit: there are 5 outer planets in KSS

Thinking it over, I realized that your alpha mod is already more developed than OPM and IER combined, with biomes, scattered, and even more bodies. Downloading now...

Oh. My. God. You are a ****ing god at modding. I open it up after installing, and awesome new intro screen, it loads about 80 times faster than my priveous pack of planets, yet manages to have about 4 times more content, and it's planets look and feel kerbal-y, and have full scatterer and EVE support to make them beautiful. And, in addition to that all, It has biomes, sci multipliers, and when I opened up my contracts, it did not start out with "explore [far away world]", it started out with "launch your first vessel". Thank you. Thank you very much.

EDIT: forgot to mention that it does not crash every 6 minutes and does not conflict with IE and OPM. Just I ring on the cake!

Edited by A_beholder
Forgot to mention

So, I've been enjoying 0.60 so far! Besides some of the graphical glitches (especially with the ringed planets like Voon), everything is great.

I do want to ask if there is a reason that not all gas giants have auroras. I noticed that Voon and the current planetary analogs do not have auroras. Now, I don't know if this is a bug, or if this is a style choice, but I'd like to know why. Also, are there any texture enhancers that the OP or anyone has created? Some of the planet/moon textures are much lower than others, and can be a bit distracting, but they're fine. And the Korblon (spelling?) system with the nebula.... that thing is fantastic. I must ask though, (since I don't want to spoil it), do you see the nebula around it once in its SOI or is it only a texture that is applied away from it. Lastly, any plans for black holes, quasars, pulsars, and other galactic phenomenon?

Anyway, great work... now I can't wait to see what's in stock for 0.7!

@Mr Betelgeuse

On the kopernicus thread there is a fix for the ringshaders bug. 

If you do research you'd know that gasgiants their auroras are mostly not in the visible spectrum. (Ever seen a picture that's not in infrared from jupiter or saturn?) Only Mirn has auroras because it orbits so close to its star. Can you give me a list in pm of the textures that look less sharp?

I've planned some things but I'm not going to spoil it. :) 

5 hours ago, justspace103 said:

@StarCrusher96 So im on mac and im getting the yellow planets bug. am i missing a dependency or something or is this a problem with kopernicus?

See how to fix clouds at the DLlink

Edited by StarCrusher96

13 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

Just when looking at the all, I saw a dot near it called the creator. I cannot click it, and I can only see the dot. Explanation pls?

The Creator is a mysterious celestial object near The All, made from an unknown source. All the Kerbals know about it is that it is not a natural object. In 0.6, StarCrusher removed focusing on The Creator in map mode for now, but you can still send a ship there to explore it.

14 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

Just when looking at the all, I saw a dot near it called the creator. I cannot click it, and I can only see the dot. Explanation pls?

That's probably on purpose. You're not supposed to be able to easily distinguish it without going there and getting close in flight.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:02 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

* Fixed the invisible force field around The Creator, but you're no longer able to find The Creator in the trackingstation

Well then. My current game is limited to the T2 R&D, but I will milk every single science point out of Minmus once it comes around, and albecurre warp drive my way to this mysterious (don't know if it is a rocky body, or gas giant, or something else...).

33 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

Well then. My current game is limited to the T2 R&D, but I will milk every single science point out of Minmus once it comes around, and albecurre warp drive my way to this mysterious (don't know if it is a rocky body, or gas giant, or something else...).

That's the spirit!

Quick tip: The Creator's gravity is higher than it looks. Attempt a landing at your own risk...

Quick tip #2: Interstellar missions give a lot of science. I recommend the Kernim System :wink:

Edited by TheSpacePotato

On 1/22/2017 at 8:40 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

The creator doesn't like visitors :D

On 3/7/2017 at 3:56 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

Hahaha yes! The creator doesn't like visitors :P

On 3/22/2017 at 2:26 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

The Creator does not like visitors. I fixed it for 0.6.

On 4/23/2017 at 5:44 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

but like i said before, The All and The Creator don't like visitors!

Riiiiight. Gotcha. Whatever, you say, pal.

200_s.gif

I also noticed that some bodies have tenuous atmospheres like they do IRL, like kel and Laythe. Are there plans to add that to every normally vacuum body, and if so, please know that it would give make my realism-pedant self shake with joy.

pendant meant n.a.

z.i , but I can't get autocorrect to accept it as a word.

Edited by A_beholder
Typo

6 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

I also noticed that some bodies have tenuous atmospheres like they do IRL, like kel and Laythe. Are there plans to add that to every normally vacuum body, and if so, please know that it would give make my realism-pedant self shake with joy.

That's not something that should be asked for, if I may interject. While realism is great and this is really appealing, this crosses into the realm of too much work for something the end-user will barely notice. Especially for this mod which has...what... 70 bodies in total now? 80? (I haven't counted recently) And only one guy is doing all the world-making (afaik)

Edited by JadeOfMaar

not a request, just inquiring. On an unrelated note, how does one power an interstellar probe without RTGs?

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's not something that should be asked for, if I may interject. While realism is great and this is really appealing, this crosses into the realm of too much work for something the end-user will barely notice. Especially for this mod has...what... 70 bodies in total now? 80? (I haven't counted recently) And only one guy is doing all the world-making.

EDIT: forgot to mention the reason that my probe won't use rtgs is because one of my mods gives them  half life's  of 8 years, i.e.  Not enough for Interstellar travel.

Edited by A_beholder

3 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

not a request, just inquiring. On an unrelated note, how does one power an interstellar probe without RTGs?

Fuel cells work, but they require liquid fuel to run, which may be an issue. Otherwise, it's go fast and hope that you don't run out of power when you get there.

Quick tip #3: Solar panels aren't the best way to get power around Red dwarf and brown dwarf stars (Kernim, Kelnis, Kormin) unless you have a lot of solar panels.

15 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

I also noticed that some bodies have tenuous atmospheres like they do IRL, like kel and Laythe. Are there plans to add that to every normally vacuum body, and if so, please know that it would give make my realism-pedant self shake with joy.

Pretty much every atmosphere-less body has that already :P

1 minute ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Fuel cells work, but they require liquid fuel to run, which may be an issue. Otherwise, it's go fast and hope that you don't run out of power when you get there.

Quick tip #3: Solar panels aren't the best way to get power around Red dwarf and brown dwarf stars (Kernim, Kelnis, Kormin) unless you have a lot of solar panels.

Time to strap 13 rhinos and 26 kerbodyne tanks to the 3 ton probe I am building then. 

2 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

how does one power an interstellar probe without RTGs?

Such a probe will need a nuclear reactor from Near Future Tech. Its power requirements will also need to so minimal that you can turn the reactor's output down so that its core life says "A long time!" which is any point over 50 years. Forget solar panels and fuel cells. Put radiators because the reactor will need them.

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Such a probe will need a nuclear reactor from Near Future Tech. Its power requirements will also need to so minimal that you can turn the reactor's output down so that its core life says "A long time!" which is any point over 50 years. Forget solar panels and fuel cells. Put radiators because the reactor will need them.

K. Will combine this with space potatoes suggestion for sanic speeds to get a fast intercept with kerlon.