[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

19 minutes ago, Kukler said:

Hello, I've encountered a problem. I don't have solar flares. Every single star I see is just a small bright dot in the sky. These dots become bigger when I get closer but still I don't get any flares. I can provide screenshots and logs(if you tell me how to). Thanks in advance.

You need to install the scatterer folder as well to get the flares :P

Edited by TheSpacePotato

24 minutes ago, Kukler said:

Hello, I've encountered a problem. I don't have solar flares. Every single star I see is just a small bright dot in the sky. These dots become bigger when I get closer but still I don't get any flares. I can provide screenshots and logs(if you tell me how to). Thanks in advance.

Its not a bug, i took the flares out because they look very unrealistic when you go further than Jool. The 'new' fancy flares are made with scatterer (visuals).

+ the stars are now scaled to realistic sizes (1/10th). Stock Kerbol is an oversized monster. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

27 minutes ago, zachdogg said:

I noticed you said one star is reserved for OPM planets, but i assume OPM is not yet compatible with this mod

Right now the only planet pack that is compatible with KSS is Galileo's Planet Pack. We're not sure if Starcrusher actually plans on implementing OPM compatibility

There actually isn't a spot reserved for OPM at the moment.

4 hours ago, zachdogg said:

Thats fine i had just seen this 

and thats why i had assumed

Yeah if OPM ever gets implemented it will get its own star, not one that already exists. Kinda like what we did with GPP :P

14 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

cbwby9s.png

My sun-diving solar study.

dDOqLK7.png

Beautiful shot of Hetoo

(a.k.a I hate green)

moKnQCw.png

Shot of Hetoo from window of observatory (mod). 

D5KZfDz.png

"Arty" shot of Hetoo

I saw you need to use the clouds fix to turn the colors right! Pretty screenshots btw!

Hey. I love this mod, but my computer isn't capable to run KSP with this mod for longer than 10 minutes... It crashes and lags... I was wondering if you could make this with only Kerbol system... Like, without other star systems, only Kerbol (with planets)?

Or is there a way for me to delete them?

Edited by Knezz

Weird, but rocks and trees cannot add to the planets... KSP either loading forever or the trees just don't working. So, can we add the trees?)
8dBY4pM.pngwV5AX0f.png

Edited by Artem Kerman

2 hours ago, AR3S_TGL said:

what do you mean?

Is Eve bright white in your game?

2 hours ago, Knezz said:

Hey. I love this mod, but my computer isn't capable to run KSP with this mod for longer than 10 minutes... It crashes and lags... I was wondering if you could make this with only Kerbol system... Like, without other star systems, only Kerbol (with planets)?

Or is there a way for me to delete them?

Go to KSS/KopernicusFiles and delete everything but Stars, Vanillaplanets and Kerbol system. If there are still cfg's in the folder, dont delete them.

1 hour ago, Artem Kerman said:

Weird, but rocks and trees cannot add to the planets... KSP either loading forever or the trees just don't working. So, can we add the trees?)
8dBY4pM.pngwV5AX0f.png

You tried to add them? I've already experimented with it without any troubles. And in 0.7 every planet will have its own groundscattering.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Damn this mod looks good.

Followed the instructions down to a T (very in depth by the way, well done). Game loads up to the very end of loading, but when it would go onto the menu screen normally (where you can start game, credits, quit again etc.) it just crashes. My entire computer slows down to painful speed. I'm meeting the 8gb RAM needed, but it would seem that the computer cannot handle the mod nevertheless. I don't think this is a problem with the mod itself... thoughts?

Ryan

Edited by ryan234abc