[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

On 12/01/2017 at 3:03 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

And this is what happens when you try to make scatterer atmospheric effects when the Sun is not in the same direction as the parent star. From certain angles, it looks fine. From other angles, however, no so much. I'm not sure how @StarCrusher96 is planning on getting around this glaring issue. It would be real nice if there is actually a way to solve this issue with scatterer atmospheres not functioning on bodies not parented to the Sun, as I'd love to have scatterer effects on all of my exoplanets!

You can see how half of the planet looks as it does without scatterer, while one half has scatterer effects facing towards the Sun rather than towards the parent star, in this case Tau Ceti.

Planet looks relatively nice from this angle

You can see the sort of "two-face" scatterer thing better from this angle.

Please tell me you found a way around this @StarCrusher96! I WANT THE KSS EYECANDY TO BE A REALITY :D

If I make a setting to set the body functioning as Sun for each planet separately, would that be a good enough temporary fix?

Edited by blackrack

I know that is not made especially for, but when i run SVE alongside KSS, i encounter a huge performance hit and the frame periodically freeze until the game run out of memory.

Any idea on the question ?

Edited by Shkeiru

24 minutes ago, Shkeiru said:

I know that is not made especially for, but when i run SVE alongside KSS, i encounter a huge performance hit and the frame periodically freeze until the game run out of memory.

It's because KSS renames the sun.  You need the scatterer patch I made a while back that is now gone because the old thread disappeared.. So unless someone else has the link,  SVE won't work with kss

1 hour ago, Shkeiru said:

35 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It's because KSS renames the sun.  You need the scatterer patch I made a while back that is now gone because the old thread disappeared.. So unless someone else has the link,  SVE won't work with kss

@Shkeiru I don't get why you need SVE (maybe only for Scatterer) since KSS uses the same terrain textures?  But as @Galileo said, here is the patch for SVE scatterer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojt5cyclciykuuv/KSS Scatterer (SVE).zip?dl=1

Edited by StarCrusher96

Question: Does Dalne have a moon? I noticed this after looking over the picture album several times (cuz those screenshots are so good looking), but if you look closely there is a small black speck right next to the planet.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/yVJp7m9.png

It can't be another planet since Dalne is already the closest to Kernim and it's probably too big to be a craft, and I don't think KSP can model sunspots soo...

Edited by Greatness101

4 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Question: Does Dalne have a moon? I noticed this after looking over the picture album several times (cuz those screenshots are so good looking), but if you look closely there is a small black speck right next to the planet.

Reveal hidden contents

http://i.imgur.com/yVJp7m9.png

It can't be another planet since Dalne is already the closest to Kernim and it's probably too big to be a craft, and I don't think KSP can model sunspots soo...

The picture is called Transit of Dalne so that means you are watching from ( in this case) Erel how Dalne transits Kernim ... That little spec is my Interstellar Science Craft that i forgot to erase from the picture haha :P 

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 minute ago, SSr48 said:

I have installed the mod correctly but when it starts loading it stops at char_biome. I have active texture management aggressive installed as well. Help please.

go to kopernicus/cache and tell me how many cfg are in the folder ... And also I have no idea how to fix a problem without logs or anything to look into?

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

go to kopernicus/cache and tell me how many cfg are in the folder ... And also I have no idea how to fix a problem without logs or anything to look into?

I dont have a cache folder in kopernicus. What logs do you need?

I think it's due to ATM (active texture). sorry , but if your PC don't run KSP, i must announce you that Active texture managment are not the solution since texture are by default in .dds, try to reduce memory load by other ways, uninstall ATM and don't forget to run ksp in 64bit if you want to play with KSS. Retry, and feedback !

14 minutes ago, SSr48 said:

I dont have a cache folder in kopernicus. What logs do you need?

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

and the modulemanager cachefile is in gamedata

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:
  • Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

and the modulemanager cachefile is in gamedata

I removed active texture management and now it works. But now when i try to launch a craft it sends my camera view flying out of kerbin and I cant  do anything. I have tried Hyperediting the ship but nothing happens. When I press esc to pause it pauses but there is no menu. If you still need the same logs how can I get them to you.

On 1/12/2017 at 6:12 PM, Shkeiru said:

Awesome !!!

With modifying "homeworld ?" propriety in config files should we change  the location of KSC for one of those beautiful planets ? 

Did you try it already? I'm planning on starting a new career and would like a very different experience this time around. Is there a wiki or some info on the planets somewhere so that I could determine where to start?