[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

There was some changes in the dev version with how and when the windows are saved. If you reverted to the main version it may have been confused by the new config. I did not test for that.

Flight recorder: you are not the first one to ask for an export. I ll add a csv export quick and will see what I can do with the current UI

Scripting: I did not write that module so I am not yet familiar with the code. I ll see how hard it would be but it may be after 1.3

Bug: uh. I don't think I ever saw that one. Strange.

Well since I delete previous versions befor up/downgrading I don't think that was the problem.

And like @Nergal8617 I noticed it quite a few times but never reported it because, well if you watch what you're doing it wont happen.

Is there a wiki somwhere for all the advanced features? I tried to google for a guide or a tutorial. Because that recorder thing is something I want to know everything about. Its relly nice to make satistics and compare deltaV to orbit of different designs, flightpaths, you VS mechjeb, etc.

Edit:

So the windows now don't get deleted anymore but stil If he's executing a meneuver and you set a target he just sets throttle to 1 and goes all the way...

Edited by maculator

I pushed a new patch to the dev branch that improves the Flight Recorder. It now shows the graph scale and include a csv exporter (with more info that those in the graph)

Edited by sarbian

12 hours ago, Nergal8617 said:

I've seen it before but never reported it, just figured that it was something I shouldn't do in the future since that one is entirely on the user.

Did you try putting the user in a bag of rice?

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

I had a crash and I'm not sure where to start, but I also found this:
(btw using dev 697 actually)

BUG: getting ullage from RealFuels casted to null, ullage status likely broken

Crossposting to:

The full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq57b196qy8qwmg/2017-05-08-2 KSP.log.7z?dl=0

There's nothing in that log implicating MechJeb in a crash. I don't even see a crash in the conventional sense. Did the program actually terminate or did it freeze and you shut it down? Did you alt-tab away from KSP at any point and come back to it frozen? Because that can happen as a result of alt-tabbing with just stock KSP.

CVS export works and is really helpfull. I tested it today and got some feedback:

-"pause" button does nothing for me

-CVS runs all the time and even if you export it does not clear.For me it would make more sense if you had a "start" button to start the CVS, the "pause" button would pause recording and then you could hit "mark" to export and continue recording, "end" to export and end recording or "discard" to end and delete log. ("Mark" just discarding the log feels weird and took me a second to realize that it does not save it).

cheers

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I crashed with a default Windows message "No more responding..."

So it froze up and you had to shut it down. As to cause I don't know what to tell you but your log doesn't point to this mod or any cause in particular. There's any number of reasons why such as switching away from KSP to another program (alt-tab) or another program taking focus away from KSP which same effect as if you had alt-tabbed. KSP does not handle either situation very well. Extremely low memory coupled with heavy page file activity can cause KSP to temporarily stop responding and it may or may not come back if you wait for it. But again, nothing in the log points to this mod and the message you cited wouldn't cause problems either. It just meant that MJ isn't able to read the ullage status from Real Fuels engines. 

Actually I fiddle with the issue that in VAB the dV are not shown correctly, all dV of lower stages are summed up in an upper stage which only releases the payload fairings...
So two stages with engines below that stage are summed up, but that's not all...

When I detach the first stage then the dV of the second stage is shown correctly (?!) in the fairing stage above...
When I attach the first stage again (and check if staging is correct) then the sum of dV is shown again.

Interesting is that the dV of the topmost stage (the probe) is shown correctly under all circumstances...

I found this in the log:

MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading PowerMonitor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc87lcgyc74ca7f/2017-05-09-3 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Same log mentioned here:

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 8.5.2017 at 9:53 PM, Starwaster said:

It just meant that MJ isn't able to read the ullage status from Real Fuels engines. 

This is bad, I also don't have ullage motors igniting when I stage manually while in MechJeb auto ascent.

Also constant crossposting in multiple threads isn't helpful, it only confuses the issue. Bringing up multiple different issues also muddles the current issue. You have to focus on one thing at a time and not jump around. I don't even remember what thing is really giving you trouble anymore.

Would it be possible to also get solid fuel mass and fairings?

Spoiler

eP2Enql.png

It would be really nice to be able to have the different submasses to actually summ up to the total mass. Nothing big just a thing I noticed

Not sure if this is where I should ask, but I was looking at the AR202 part .cfg, as I was thinking of doing a personal mod (not something I would release, just something I'd use in my game) using mechjeb. Basically I wanted to add mechjeb functionality to the stock avionics nosecone. I've done this before, and so was expecting it to be more or less straightforward. Just copy over the mechjeb module from the cfg. and... what the heck?

GUOaMja.jpg

I acknowledge that there's really no reason to accommodate me messing around with stuff, and this is really more out of curiousity, but does anyone know why this part cfg. looks like a brick instead of the usual nice and organized column of code? Perhaps I messed something up when downloading? Or a somewhat unconventional program was used when writing the file?

Mechjeb is a cool mod though! Kudos to everyone who's put work into it!

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139