sarbian

[1.3.0] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.6.1] [27 May 2017]

634 posts in this topic

Just now, sarbian said:

Sure, no problem.

Thank you :)

Could it be that "launch into plane of target" is not working on ascent guidance?

RSS: Earth -> Moon

There is an inclination set but not "used" anyway - launch goes straight to east.

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Could it be that "launch into plane of target" is not working on ascent guidance?

RSS: Earth -> Moon

There is an inclination set but not "used" anyway - launch goes straight to east.

When launching from a non-equatorial location, the launch azimuth (direction of take off) and final intended inclination will not match.

For Cape Canaveral a due east launch (at the right time of day) will put the vessel within about 0.25° of the Moon's orbital inclination (better if you do a slight dogleg on ascent).

I haven't played RSS in 1.3 but the 1.2.2 version of RO has no problems with targeting a launch to plane of Moon from the Cape.

I just managed it but had to fiddle, do some thumb-rule-maths and also some luck, the gaps between maneuvers where short, a moon fly-by had sun from prograde (for solar panels) and earth in the back (for sending data).

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-20%20at%205.26.2Is there any way to have the MechJeb tab be not here in the VAB. It's incredibly annoying and it gets in the way no matter where I put it. Maybe just disable the dropdown menu altogether and just use the sidebar (or even blizzy's toolbar) during flight?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, spacedoctor42 said:

[snip image] Is there any way to have the MechJeb tab be not here in the VAB. It's incredibly annoying and it gets in the way no matter where I put it. Maybe just disable the dropdown menu altogether and just use the sidebar (or even blizzy's toolbar) during flight?

Did you try the "Hide Menu Button" in MechJeb's settings window?

tRqu0xF.jpg

Edited by smurphy34
Forum sw

43 minutes ago, smurphy34 said:

Did you try the "Hide Menu Button" in MechJeb's settings window?

tRqu0xF.jpg

That works, there's too many blasted buttons on this thing.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, sarbian said:

I am quite certain that the problem is in RCS BA. A long time ago an other mod had the same problem. It modified the stock GUI skin without cloning it first, so it changed the UI of other mods.

You are correct, and I've come up with a fix (I think).

I'm waiting for someone to confirm (I'm at work, can't really start up KSP right now)

Putting link here in case anyone want to try it, but I'm watching the RCS BuildAid thread about this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ebvryoohq7rcxh/RCSBuildAidBetaSkinFix.zip?dl=0

FYI.  The author is not available, so this is mostly an unofficial build, although I think he is aware of my efforts.

in the Ascent Guidance window there is an option for corrective steering gain.   what is this doing?  how does it affect the Auto pilot?