Tourist contract Orbit around the sun not completing

So, been playing on ksp 1.2.1.1604 (Linux Player), and have come up against a bug?

I have a fleet for ferrying tourists, no pilots used all remote guidance with good comms (designed the bus in question to be capable of duna return journey albeit with a refuel at when I finally get a mining rig there to do it - Duna 1 has not yet even got to Duna but I like to plan ahead), with re-usable buses to go to the destinations. I have completed tourists to orbit and flyby the sun before. 

However, now the orbit the sun just doesn't complete for me now. I have some tourists I landed already having not realised it didn't check off that one, however the flyby the sun is checked with a green tick. 

I now have a bus orbiting the sun, with tourists on board, and the fly by all completed, but not the orbits. The bus has no intercepts with kerbin or anywhere else in the next few years (warped ahead to see if they needed more time in orbit), and I can't see the issue. Any idea's would be helpful, as I have scoured the threads looking for something similar....

Many Thanks

Xx

Hmm. A picture of map mode and the contract would be helpful. If you can't do that, search your persistent.sfs file for some of the words in the contract and then copy/paste the entire contract block into a code block in the forum. NOT THE ENTIRE PERSISTENT FILE :)

The code block is the button above your post that looks like this < >

I should probably get around to updating... Just.. Updating means taking time out of runtime in game, hehe.. So much to do! So many tankers need refuelling, fleet thirsty so little time.. Hehe. 

Will update, and post later the requested screen shots.

I have updated and still is the same situation. Have found the Kerbal tourists in the persistent file (would it be better from the quicksave file instead?) and am posting requested data. Seeing as I have no idea what the code actually is, am posting as No Syntax or highlighting as whether it be A, B, C, or D...... Meh

CONTRACT
			{
				guid = c315c706-875f-4d8a-9b8f-b3149476fc5d
				type = TourismContract
				prestige = 0
				seed = -1796846641
				state = Active
				viewed = Read
				agent = Kerbodyne
				deadlineType = Floating
				expiryType = Floating
				values = 108000,184032000,0,0,0,0,20,10,41741174.6187905,41686510.4023439,225718510.402344,0
				gender = 0
				preposition = around the Sun
				homeDestinations = False
				tourists = Dofal Kerman|Mituki Kerman
				PARAM
				{
					name = KerbalTourParameter
					state = Incomplete
					disableOnStateChange = False
					allowPartialFailure = True
					values = 78000,0,0,0,0
					kerbalName = Dofal Kerman
					PARAM
					{
						name = KerbalDestinationParameter
						state = Incomplete
						values = 13000,0,0,0,0
						targetBody = 0
						targetType = Orbit
					}
					PARAM
					{
						state = Incomplete
						values = 13000,0,0,0,0
						targetBody = 0
						targetType = Flyby
					}
				}
				PARAM
				{
					name = KerbalTourParameter
					state = Incomplete
					disableOnStateChange = False
					allowPartialFailure = True
					values = 78000,0,0,0,0
					kerbalName = Mituki Kerman
					PARAM
					{
						state = Incomplete
						values = 13000,0,0,0,0
						targetBody = 0
						targetType = Flyby
					}
					PARAM
					{
						state = Incomplete
						values = 13000,0,0,0,0
						targetBody = 0
						targetType = Orbit
					}
				}

2 hours ago, Andetch said:

How'd I attach an image?

For images, you have to upload them to a web imageserver, such as imgur. No account required on imgur. Then just post the link here. It's actually possible to embed the images so they display automatically, but that's a little harder.

16 hours ago, bewing said:

For images, you have to upload them to a web imageserver, such as imgur. No account required on imgur. Then just post the link here. It's actually possible to embed the images so they display automatically, but that's a little harder.

Thanks. I have been living in a cave, well a bamboo hut, for the past few years... Imiguwha? Found it!

http://imgur.com/a/XWlXX

18 hours ago, FancyMouse said:

Double check if you have incompatible mods.

No mods. I am still not bored of the un-modded game so haven't even looked at mods!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I had the same issue today, i took my tourists out of the kerbin SOI for a sun orbit and it was not registered in the mission status.  I was controlling another ship reentry when the SOI change took place. After recovery i noticed the mission updates from the sun fly-by and switched to the tourst ship. 

By14JPp.png

I still don't know what caused it, but found a workaround. Set a course back into kerbin SOI and again out of it, that worked for me (this time i was controlling the tourist ship).

FpOFyzE.png.

Hope it helps.  By the way, i'm using windows 7 and plenty of mods. KSP version 1.2.2.1622 x64

Never found a work around.... Kept happening every contract so I restarted and rebuilt from square one. Got a better infrastructure in place too :D:D

Also I noticed that when you do an interplanetary burn, say to Duna, because you have the intercept you're not strictly speaking in orbit so it wont work, so you gotta take a special trip with no intercept!

I did try that work around you mentioned, and also with new launches... controlling them over the event, but twas not to be... Glad you fixed it though! restarting hurts.....

Edited by Andetch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.