[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

Hey, great mod so far! I must be doing something wrong though because I can't seem to get the fuel tanks to work. I have the Community Resource Pack that was included installed, but I don't get any options for the tank. They are just big, empty weight.

Screenshot

I extracted all the files into my KSP folder. I'm not sure what else to try.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, AromaticChicken said:

Hey, great mod so far! I must be doing something wrong though because I can't seem to get the fuel tanks to work. I have the Community Resource Pack that was included installed, but I don't get any options for the tank. They are just big, empty weight.

Screenshot

I extracted all the files into my KSP folder. I'm not sure what else to try.

Thanks!

Be sure to install everything that comes with the mod into the GameData folder. Your issue is normally caused by not copying files to the correct spot.

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Be sure to install everything that comes with the mod into the GameData folder. Your issue is normally caused by not copying files to the correct spot.

I have everything in the gamedata folder. I even tried putting the KSPedia and MoleUtils folders in the base KSP folder because they weren't in the gamedata folder in the download and still no luck.

Thank you for your quick reply on my previous message.

gamedata_zpssfdeclef.png 

11 hours ago, AromaticChicken said:

I have everything in the gamedata folder. I even tried putting the KSPedia and MoleUtils folders in the base KSP folder because they weren't in the gamedata folder in the download and still no luck.

Thank you for your quick reply on my previous message.

gamedata_zpssfdeclef.png 

Yup, definitely a messed up install. Folder hierarchy goes WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools, and WildBlueIndustries/MOLE, just like it is in the zip file.

Small bug report regarding the port welding... with CLS installed, welding results in the two living spaces connected by the docking ports in question being permanently separated. Also, if there are passable parts that can't hold any crew between the docking port and the first crewable part on the "mother"ship side, then those get wrongly assigned to the "child" living space (see pictures below). In addition, when "Keep docking ports after welding" is enabled, there's a single exception being thrown during the welding:

Spoiler

[LOG 21:16:21.240] sourcePart: Bigby Crew Module
[LOG 21:16:21.240] targetPart:Titan Instrument Unit
[ERR 21:16:21.241] It is illegal for a joint to connect a rigid body to itself.

[EXC 21:16:21.242] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PartJoint.SetupJoint (Vector3 jointPos, Vector3 jointOrt, Vector3 jointOrt2, Int32 size)
	PartJoint.create (.Part child, .Part parent, UnityEngine.Transform nodeSpace, Vector3 nodePos, Vector3 nodeOrt, Vector3 nodeOrt2, Int32 nodeSize, AttachModes mode, Boolean rigid)
	PartJoint.Create (.Part owner, .Part parent, .AttachNode nodeToParent, .AttachNode nodeFromParent, AttachModes mode)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIDockingNodeHelper.WeldPorts ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

The Bigby Capsule and Titan IU were the respective parent parts of the two docking ports. There's really nothing else in there, though I can get you the full log if you want it anyway. Note that no errors or exceptions happen when "Keep docking ports after welding"=off.

Here's the images:

Spoiler

Living space configuration prior to welding:

Spoiler

ZN8x2k9.jpg

Mj6BsF6.jpg

Hatches open:
Iy0yf6J.jpg

After welding (note the overwritten name of the "child" living space, as well as the wrongly assigned Titan IU):

Spoiler

DUqbck8.jpg

BiMgZpk.jpg

Here's the Imgur album for further reference:
KSP M.O.L.E. Port Welding Test

aaand the save, made on a minimal install (MOLE + Ship Manifest + Connected Living Spaces): MOLEWeldingTest.zip
Just go to the tracking center and select the single station-type vessel in orbit (it's the above station), or just load the Quicksave.

By the way, several MOLE parts that are supposed to be, are in fact not CLS-passable (like the Solar Battery Module in the above station, but from the top of my head also the larger of the two Interstage Service Compartments). I applied a custom MM patch adding the CLS module to the Solar Battery Module in order to get the results in the pictures above.

I hope this helps. The port welding feature is just way too handy to pass up, and I'd rather not play without CLS...

2 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

Small bug report regarding the port welding... with CLS installed, welding results in the two living spaces connected by the docking ports in question being permanently separated. Also, if there are passable parts that can't hold any crew between the docking port and the first crewable part on the "mother"ship side, then those get wrongly assigned to the "child" living space (see pictures below). In addition, when "Keep docking ports after welding" is enabled, there's a single exception being thrown during the welding:

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 21:16:21.240] sourcePart: Bigby Crew Module
[LOG 21:16:21.240] targetPart:Titan Instrument Unit
[ERR 21:16:21.241] It is illegal for a joint to connect a rigid body to itself.

[EXC 21:16:21.242] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PartJoint.SetupJoint (Vector3 jointPos, Vector3 jointOrt, Vector3 jointOrt2, Int32 size)
	PartJoint.create (.Part child, .Part parent, UnityEngine.Transform nodeSpace, Vector3 nodePos, Vector3 nodeOrt, Vector3 nodeOrt2, Int32 nodeSize, AttachModes mode, Boolean rigid)
	PartJoint.Create (.Part owner, .Part parent, .AttachNode nodeToParent, .AttachNode nodeFromParent, AttachModes mode)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIDockingNodeHelper.WeldPorts ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

The Bigby Capsule and Titan IU were the respective parent parts of the two docking ports. There's really nothing else in there, though I can get you the full log if you want it anyway. Note that no errors or exceptions happen when "Keep docking ports after welding"=off.

Here's the images:

Reveal hidden contents

Living space configuration prior to welding:

Reveal hidden contents

ZN8x2k9.jpg

Mj6BsF6.jpg

Hatches open:
Iy0yf6J.jpg

After welding (note the overwritten name of the "child" living space, as well as the wrongly assigned Titan IU):

Reveal hidden contents

DUqbck8.jpg

BiMgZpk.jpg

Here's the Imgur album for further reference:
KSP M.O.L.E. Port Welding Test

aaand the save, made on a minimal install (MOLE + Ship Manifest + Connected Living Spaces): MOLEWeldingTest.zip
Just go to the tracking center and select the single station-type vessel in orbit (it's the above station), or just load the Quicksave.

By the way, several MOLE parts that are supposed to be, are in fact not CLS-passable (like the Solar Battery Module in the above station, but from the top of my head also the larger of the two Interstage Service Compartments). I applied a custom MM patch adding the CLS module to the Solar Battery Module in order to get the results in the pictures above.

I hope this helps. The port welding feature is just way too handy to pass up, and I'd rather not play without CLS...

Thanks for the report. I thought I disabled port welding, it was causing too many issues. I'll dump port welding in the next release, it sounds like it's just too much trouble at this point.

Speaking of releases, MOLE 1.4.6 is now available:

- Added a slanted adapter-tank similar to the stock C7 Brand Adapter Slanted - 2.5m to 1.25m. Thanks for the suggestion, eloquentJane! :)
- Fixed an issue where the Snacks greenhouse configuration would appear even when Snacks wasn't installed.
- The Dolores habitat configuration now sports a Snacks recycler.
- WildBlueTools update

Hi @Angel-125, I found a little bug. Mark One Habitat in habitat configuration empties Electric Charge and life support resources (tested with USI-LS) during scene load. This behaviour is reproducible on clean installation of KSP with M.O.L.E. only and with or without USI-LS. The same seems affecting Botany Lab and M.O.L.E. too.

4 hours ago, maja said:

Hi @Angel-125, I found a little bug. Mark One Habitat in habitat configuration empties Electric Charge and life support resources (tested with USI-LS) during scene load. This behaviour is reproducible on clean installation of KSP with M.O.L.E. only and with or without USI-LS. The same seems affecting Botany Lab and M.O.L.E. too.

Thanks, I should have a hotfix later today.

On 1/31/2017 at 0:51 PM, Angel-125 said:

Yup, definitely a messed up install. Folder hierarchy goes WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools, and WildBlueIndustries/MOLE, just like it is in the zip file.

So, from my picture I just posted, if I open the WildBlueIndustries folder, those are the two folders inside of it, 000WildBlueTools and MOLE. I didn't change anything from the download. The MoleUtils folder was in the zip file, but outside the gamedata folder. I have it in the gamedata folder and the main KSP directory since I wasn't really sure where to put it. Same with the KSPedia.

Thanks for helping me. I know I can be dense at times.

1 hour ago, AromaticChicken said:

So, from my picture I just posted, if I open the WildBlueIndustries folder, those are the two folders inside of it, 000WildBlueTools and MOLE. I didn't change anything from the download. The MoleUtils folder was in the zip file, but outside the gamedata folder. I have it in the gamedata folder and the main KSP directory since I wasn't really sure where to put it. Same with the KSPedia.

Thanks for helping me. I know I can be dense at times.

Try 1.4.6.1.

59 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Try 1.4.6.1.

Your link above for 1.4.6.1 points to 1.4.6, and that appears to be the latest release.

Edit:
Spacedock does have the 1.4.6.1 file, though.

Edited by razark

2 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I don't mean to bother you, but I found a slight glitch with the engines. They don't make any sounds, and the SRB has a trail even when it's not firing. Though it may just be my huge collection of mods clashing.

Sounds like a mod conflict. I use both stock and RealPlume and don't have any problems.

First love you mods, pathfinder. mole and buffalo are must installs for me.

The only issue I have with mole is that the bigby crew pod is max 2.5 while the bigby orbital is 3.75 would you consider changing the size of the orbital workshop down to 2.5, or changes to command pod to match the stytling

3 hours ago, rattman said:

The only issue I have with mole is that the bigby crew pod is max 2.5 while the bigby orbital is 3.75 would you consider changing the size of the orbital workshop down to 2.5, or changes to command pod to match the stytling

The bigby is influenced by the real life space station skylab, it has solar panels, a radiator and even a sun telescope to go with it. Its 3.75m becuase skylab was quite a big station, being made from the S-IVb from the Saturn V rocket, and 3.75m works well for this in ksp. 

On 2.2.2017 at 8:55 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I don't mean to bother you, but I found a slight glitch with the engines. They don't make any sounds, and the SRB has a trail even when it's not firing. Though it may just be my huge collection of mods clashing.

On 2.2.2017 at 11:11 PM, Angel-125 said:

Sounds like a mod conflict. I use both stock and RealPlume and don't have any problems.

@Angel-125 There was another mod recently with this issue, looks like the problem is in the RealPlume MM patch for MOLE. ":FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]" should be ":NEEDS[RealPlume&SmokeScreen]" so that it doesn't presume RP is installed even when it isn't.

@Angel-125 - I don't really know git that well, so I'm having problems creating a pull request. However... here is an updated .cfg file for the Airlock module that adds ModuleScienceContainer - this allows for Kerbals to exit, take an EVA report and re-enter the station.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0h0btumtxgeiyz/AirlockModule.cfg?dl=0

Edited by Bombaatu

2 hours ago, BureauJaeger said:

@Angel-125 There was another mod recently with this issue, looks like the problem is in the RealPlume MM patch for MOLE. ":FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]" should be ":NEEDS[RealPlume&SmokeScreen]" so that it doesn't presume RP is installed even when it isn't.

Ahhh ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the info, I'll make that change. :)

2 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

@Angel-125 - I don't really know git that well, so I'm having problems creating a pull request. However... here is an updated .cfg file for the Airlock module that adds ModuleScienceContainer - this allows for Kerbals to exit, take an EVA report and re-enter the station.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0h0btumtxgeiyz/AirlockModule.cfg?dl=0

Awesome! I'll incorporate that into the next release as well. It should be later this weekend, I have a fix to make for the Coach's ComNet template...

11 hours ago, rattman said:

As mentioned, the Bigby Orbital Workshop (BOW) is analogous to the real-world Skylab space station. It's a big module to support the industrial processes that it has. Despite being from the same manufacturer, the Bigby crew pod is actually designed as an extension to the Brumby, not the BOW. If you're looking for a 3.75m command pod, then I hope you'll consider using the upcoming Clydesdale and Danube Delta from DSEV; both are 3.75m in diameter and will hopefully be available later this month. Here's a look:

Spoiler

Ef6G85N.png

gYAhI1D.png

On 2/5/2017 at 2:18 AM, eberkain said:

Really loving this mod in my new career game.  I was a little shocked at how many parts are included.

Glad you like the mod. :) There's quite a bit to it including 2-person capsules, early station components, and even launch vehicle parts, all in the popular fan-made 1.875m diameter. I think it was Homegrown Rockets (HGR) that first made 1.875m popular, but I'm not sure... Anyway, the last major update to MOLE, KerbalSoar, got delayed as DSEV is taking longer than expected. My goal is to add winged components to the mod so you can make the Kerbal versions of Winged Gemini, Gemini with Rogallo Wing, and an X-20-like 1.25m mini space shuttle based on stock parts that uses lifting custom bodies similar to @Pak's outstanding Comorant Aeronology mod. If you haven't seen that mod, check it out! You get some really cool stock-alike parts to make space shuttles with.

KerbalSoar is still a ways off, but in the meantime, here's the next patch for MOLE:

MOLE 1.4.7

- Fix for the Coach's CommNet transmitter.
- Coach 500 dry mass is now correct.
- RealPlume patch fix. Thanks @BureauJaeger! :)
- Science container added to the Airlock Module. Thanks @Bombaatu! :)

34 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I am curious what the function of the plasma tvs are?

Those were parts I made for @Kuzzter's Jool Odyssey mission. The screens are designed for a bridge he created where kerbals sit in external command seats and fly the ship. You can use them to display screenshots. Here's an example:

BzHhacQ.png

At some point I was going to create a sound stage playset where you had IVA props that you could place externally, and then split the plasma screens off from Wild Blue Tools, but I never got to that project; my other projects are taking much longer than expected. So for now, Wild Blue Tools continues to have the plasma screens.

Edited by Angel-125

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.