[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

28 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Quick note: I was troubleshooting today, and found three instances of ':FOR[RealPlume]' in the latest version of MOLE.  These need to be changed to ':NEEDS'.  (Corvette and Sledgehammer engine configs.)

Cool, can you send a pull request? :)

5hbNhCj.png
Long story short, take MOLE's enhanced science experiments and stick individual ones into an LDEF (Long Duration Exposure Facility) experiment module, then either use the MOLE Lab to generate LabTime, or use the LDEF Science Processor. When all the conditions are met, finalize the experiment and either return it home, take the data and return home, or transfer the data to a Mobile Processing Lab. It works pretty much the same as it does with Station Science, which set the standard for this type of station experiments. The original MOLE science system will remain in place; you can load experiments into the Coach and MOLE Lab, do the experiment, then transfer the experiment back to a Coach for landing. But the LDEF makes the system more intuitive, and you have physical objects to send up and return home. Plus, you get an LDEF out of the whole thing, complete with probe core, solar battery, and the like. :)

12 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

WANT!!!

Me too! I've wanted an LDEF for MOLE for a long time, but couldn't come up with a reason for it. Now I have one. When I started this mini-project, all I had in mind was a core component and an experiment container, but now I've got a solar battery module, command processor (probe core), science processor (generates LabTime from ResearchKits), and storage container. So like with the real thing, you can drop one of these off in orbit and pick it up later, or just attach it to your MOLE station and accumulate LabTime faster.

And if you look closely, you'll see that the side panel textures come from the real thing. :)

Edited by Angel-125

I just want to say that I love this mod.  Beyond the obvious advantages of a 'Kerbal Gemini', the mod opens up all sorts of possibilities that I'm still learning how to incorporate into my campaign.  My first 'MOLE' crew just returned from a 24-day stint aboard MOL-1; the mission was a mixed success.  The launch and deployment went beautifully, and another Gemini-analogue made a rendezvous and docking; research was conducted, and the crew returned safely.  However, there are still some things to figure out-- not in the sense of bugs in the mod, but in my understanding of how everything works together.   (No spoilers please.. having lots of fun working it out on my own!)   :)

3 hours ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

I just want to say that I love this mod.  Beyond the obvious advantages of a 'Kerbal Gemini', the mod opens up all sorts of possibilities that I'm still learning how to incorporate into my campaign.  My first 'MOLE' crew just returned from a 24-day stint aboard MOL-1; the mission was a mixed success.  The launch and deployment went beautifully, and another Gemini-analogue made a rendezvous and docking; research was conducted, and the crew returned safely.  However, there are still some things to figure out-- not in the sense of bugs in the mod, but in my understanding of how everything works together.   (No spoilers please.. having lots of fun working it out on my own!)   :)

Glad you're having fun. :) MOLE came about when I saw a lack of early-game space stations and two-person crew pods in the game. The real-world Manned Orbital Laboratory provided the inspiration. I also wanted stations to serve a purpose, so I added the science system in (the LDEF I'm working on is an extension to that). And it's the first mod I made that had the ability to optionally tie into Pathfinder's production templates. You can even build new vessels via the Mk1 Drydock and @taniwha's Extraplanetary Launchpads, and the KH-10 DenEye works with Tarsier Space Telescopes as well as the CactEye. So there's lots available to do. :)

3 hours ago, Abstract223 said:

im missing most of the parts is and I installed your way and every other way and I'm still missing most parts help?

I need a lot more to go on, like screenshots of your GameData folder.

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:
5hbNhCj.png
Long story short, take MOLE's enhanced science experiments and stick individual ones into an LDEF (Long Duration Exposure Facility) experiment module, then either use the MOLE Lab to generate LabTime, or use the LDEF Science Processor. When all the conditions are met, finalize the experiment and either return it home, take the data and return home, or transfer the data to a Mobile Processing Lab. It works pretty much the same as it does with Station Science, which set the standard for this type of station experiments. The original MOLE science system will remain in place; you can load experiments into the Coach and MOLE Lab, do the experiment, then transfer the experiment back to a Coach for landing. But the LDEF makes the system more intuitive, and you have physical objects to send up and return home. Plus, you get an LDEF out of the whole thing, complete with probe core, solar battery, and the like. :)

Would LDEF feature different outcomes for different situations, like high orbit around Eeloo, or low orbit around the Sun? Perhaps even landed on different bodies?

22 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Would LDEF feature different outcomes for different situations, like high orbit around Eeloo, or low orbit around the Sun? Perhaps even landed on different bodies?

The LDEF experiments use the same ones that you currently have for the MOLE Lab. So if those experiments have definitions for Eeloo and such, then yes. BTW, I'm always looking for more science result text. :)

Edited by Angel-125

8 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Just wanted to mention that I didn't get to this before dislocating my shoulder.  Trying to minimize typing now.

Yikes! Hope you feel better soon. :)

43 minutes ago, Abstract223 said:

Ok, I need to know how you installed the mod and what the contents of WildBlueIndustries looks like.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, I need to know how you installed the mod and what the contents of WildBlueIndustries looks like.

At first I dragged the game data into game data it didn't work. then I put the contents of the game data into game data.

Edited by Abstract223

2 hours ago, Abstract223 said:

At first I dragged the game data into game data it didn't work. then I put the contents of the game data into game data.

Well, you got me stumped then. If you copied everything from the zip files's GameData folder into your game's GameData, then it should all work. My guess is you have a mod conflict somewhere.

9 hours ago, DStaal said:

Just wanted to mention that I didn't get to this before dislocating my shoulder.  Trying to minimize typing now.

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Since @DStaal did a good job of explaining where those pesky :FOR sections were, I took the liberty of tracking them down. Pull Request 16 should capture all three of them. 

46 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

Is there any way to track which experiments from WBI set of experiments that I've already done?

Just like with the stock experiments, you can look in, I think it's the science buildings. It's been awhile since I've perused that screen though.

8 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Just like with the stock experiments, you can look in, I think it's the science buildings. It's been awhile since I've perused that screen though.

Oh yeah... I'm just so used to using [X] science for everything I forgot about that. I think it's in R&D. Guess I'll go with the good old-fashioned spreadsheet method :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.