[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

Love these things :D

One feature request though... Would it be possible to give the tanks (either as a separate set, or a toggleable option), especially the adapter tanks (like the Titan Adapter Tank), a crew tunnel through the tank? So the tank would be a "long donut" sort of thing, where the middle would connect living spaces on either side?

On 23.6.2017 at 7:35 PM, Angel-125 said:

It's not as intuitive as stock science for sure, and if you're familiar with Station Science, the LDEF parts work similarly. I actually built MOLE's science system when it appeared that Station Science was fading away. Fortunately it has new management :)

I still find it intuitive although I am not familiar with Station Science.

Talking of LDEF I have some feedback from my experience around an LKO science station. I have some contracts ongoing and had the respective LDEF modules aboard with a MOLE generating lab time. Contract requirements are all fullfilled but the last one to bring the experiment back to Kerbin. I tried to send it, tried to land it, the contract doesn´t check as done.

I read of someone who had a similar behaviour back in march. I wonder whether science contracts still don´t work as intended. As a workaround I thought of using the cheats marking the contract as completed.

As for the welding of docking ports I found a workaround too. I now use MOLE ports for docking vessels and USI Konstruction ports for welding for the moment. Works perfectly since the ports go poof once you welded them together and noone can see anymore which ports I used.

Currently I have only unlocked the junior construction ports  which look a bit fragile for larger station, so #don´ttellNASA. :wink:

I have a weird behaviour. I cannot reconfigure the station logistics hub to take replacement parts, at least it doesn´t store any. However the mark one hab in hab mode says that it needs replacement parts though. With the titan storage tanks I wasn´t able to get any replacement parts stored either. I think the replacement parts are a USI-LS ressource since in my Testcopy of KSP with only MOLE installed it isn´t in listed ont the station logisics hub.

I also read in the USI-LS changelog that replacement parts are deprecated. "Removed all references to ReplacementParts as those are not being currently used" Unfortunately there is no explanation how LS works now.

Do I have to be concerned about my Kerbals´ health? Should I raise a github issue? I am a github newb but I will try my best.

5 hours ago, dr_evil said:

I have a weird behaviour. I cannot reconfigure the station logistics hub to take replacement parts, at least it doesn´t store any. However the mark one hab in hab mode says that it needs replacement parts though. With the titan storage tanks I wasn´t able to get any replacement parts stored either. I think the replacement parts are a USI-LS ressource since in my Testcopy of KSP with only MOLE installed it isn´t in listed ont the station logisics hub.

I also read in the USI-LS changelog that replacement parts are deprecated. "Removed all references to ReplacementParts as those are not being currently used" Unfortunately there is no explanation how LS works now.

Do I have to be concerned about my Kerbals´ health? Should I raise a github issue? I am a github newb but I will try my best.

So, on checking mine in game, I don't see ReplacementParts as a thing for any of the MOLE stuff.  It's not used to reconfigure, none of the modules use them (including the hab in hab mode), and nothing can store them.  My habs use Material Kits or Equipment to reconfigure.

5 hours ago, dr_evil said:

USI-LS support is out of date in my mods. Since I don't use it, I rely on the community to keep the USI-LS module manager patches up to date. If someone wants to make sure they're all current, I accept pull requests. :)

2 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

So, on checking mine in game, I don't see ReplacementParts as a thing for any of the MOLE stuff.  It's not used to reconfigure, none of the modules use them (including the hab in hab mode), and nothing can store them.  My habs use Material Kits or Equipment to reconfigure.

Thanks for checking Krakatoa. Do you use the USI-LS mod?

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

USI-LS support is out of date in my mods. Since I don't use it, I rely on the community to keep the USI-LS module manager patches up to date. If someone wants to make sure they're all current, I accept pull requests. :)

I would gladly do it but I have no clue how and I don´t wan´t to poke the Kraken. Not yet, Maybe one day. :confused:

58 minutes ago, dr_evil said:

Thanks for checking Krakatoa. Do you use the USI-LS mod?

I would gladly do it but I have no clue how and I don´t wan´t to poke the Kraken. Not yet, Maybe one day. :confused:

I don't use any LS mods, that's true.  I think I know what needs to change in the patch, though, for it to accept MKs or Equipment, if you like that option.

12 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

I don't use any LS mods, that's true.  I think I know what needs to change in the patch, though, for it to accept MKs or Equipment, if you like that option.

Best to use MaterialKits so that users who have both my mods and USI mods have less mental switching to do.

45 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Best to use MaterialKits so that users who have both my mods and USI mods have less mental switching to do.

Alright.  I don't use LS, so I can't test it (very sorry), but made PR #19 to change all ReplacementParts to MaterialKits in the MM patch.  Hope it helps.

44 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Alright.  I don't use LS, so I can't test it (very sorry), but made PR #19 to change all ReplacementParts to MaterialKits in the MM patch.  Hope it helps.

Thank you Krakatoa, you´re the man!:rep:

Just as some background, ReplacementParts were part of an old wear mechanic in USI-LS. They were an invisible resource that was slowly depleted over time, and as they were depleted, LS parts became less efficient. If I remember right, they were created directly from MaterialKits when maintenance (another USI function) was done. That was the only use for ReplacementParts. I've been on a KSP hiatus (except the forums. Gotta get my fix) so I haven't had a chance to look at MOLE, but ideally there shouldn't be any mention of ReplacementParts in USI-LS configs. With the exception of some MKS specific parts, wear is all but removed as a USI-LS feature.

On 6/24/2017 at 5:52 AM, Svish said:

Love these things :D

One feature request though... Would it be possible to give the tanks (either as a separate set, or a toggleable option), especially the adapter tanks (like the Titan Adapter Tank), a crew tunnel through the tank? So the tank would be a "long donut" sort of thing, where the middle would connect living spaces on either side?

Well, the easiest thing for you to do is add the desired parts to the CLS MM patch. :)

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Well, the easiest thing for you to do is add the desired parts to the CLS MM patch. :)

Well, that could be easy, if I even knew how to do begin doing that :P

A different question... LabTime... how does that work exactly?

1. I launched a space station, with a M.O.L.E. lab with 4 experiments. Is LabTime split between them, or is LabTime just time passed and starting all of them at the same time doesn't make any difference in how long a single experiment takes to complete?

2. I launched a second station, also with a lab and some experiments, and some of them already had LabTime? Is LabTime a global thing? 

21 hours ago, Svish said:

Well, that could be easy, if I even knew how to do begin doing that :P

A different question... LabTime... how does that work exactly?

1. I launched a space station, with a M.O.L.E. lab with 4 experiments. Is LabTime split between them, or is LabTime just time passed and starting all of them at the same time doesn't make any difference in how long a single experiment takes to complete?

2. I launched a second station, also with a lab and some experiments, and some of them already had LabTime? Is LabTime a global thing? 

Take a look at MOLE's entry in the KSPedia, it should answer your questions. :)

46 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Take a look at MOLE's entry in the KSPedia, it should answer your questions. :)

Did that, but, as far as I can see, it only says that you need LabTime. Not how/if it's split between projects, how it's related to number/skill of scientists, etc. :/

Another thing I find unclear is: Should the Botany Lab have scientists in it? It says Skill Needed: ScienceSkill, but when started the growing time goes down even if it's empty... Or is the scientist just needed to be somewhere on the station?

I'm not sure which mod does this, but it's from WildBlueTools.dll:

[ContractParameter] - Call to OnUpdate failed System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractsPlus.Contracts.WBITargetBodyParam.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractParameter.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

a lot of them.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk63jxpnze73r5b/2017-06-29-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

On 6/25/2017 at 3:09 AM, dr_evil said:

There's tons of information on how USI-LS works now, including a video from RoverDude on how to set values in MM config files for custom parts like MOLE, Pathfinder, and others.  Check the USI-LS thread, and ask for a link to the spreadsheet and YouTube video there if you can't find it - if you want to create the files yourself, or if you want to better understand how it's supposed to work.  There's also a lot of info on the USI-LS Github Wiki.

Question: Is it possible to make the staging of parachutes in the MOLE docking ports and control module optional?

For example, when making a space station with the a couple of Station Hubs, filled with docking ports, there are a lot of parachute icons cluttering up the staging queue... :/ 

Either that, or maybe just an optional MM patch to disable/remove the parachute completely from those parts? 

42 minutes ago, Svish said:

Question: Is it possible to make the staging of parachutes in the MOLE docking ports and control module optional?

For example, when making a space station with the a couple of Station Hubs, filled with docking ports, there are a lot of parachute icons cluttering up the staging queue... :/ 

Either that, or maybe just an optional MM patch to disable/remove the parachute completely from those parts? 

There is only one MOLE docking port with the parachute: the Mk 1 Docking Port. There is the Mk1 Radial Docking Port (equivalent to a Clamp-O-Tron Jr.),  the Mk2 Docking Port (equivalent to a regular Clamp-O-Tron) and the DR-18 (1.875-meter diameter) designed for use with space stations; none of those 3 have parachutes. I'd suggest using the Mk1 Radials in place of the Mk1's for your station hubs. 

25 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

There is only one MOLE docking port with the parachute: the Mk 1 Docking Port. There is the Mk1 Radial Docking Port (equivalent to a Clamp-O-Tron Jr.),  the Mk2 Docking Port (equivalent to a regular Clamp-O-Tron) and the DR-18 (1.875-meter diameter) designed for use with space stations; none of those 3 have parachutes. I'd suggest using the Mk1 Radials in place of the Mk1's for your station hubs. 

Ooh... I thought the Mk1 Docking Port and the Mk1 Radial Docking Port was basically the same... maybe that explains why my attempt to weld two Mk1 Docking Ports together just now, to grow my space station, basically made the station fall apart... or is that a bug perhaps...? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.