[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Mark One Laboratory Extensions (M.O.L.E.)

Angelo Kerman

Hey!

I got a problem with the fulcrum engine, it has no sound or animation. I have tried everything! I reinstalled it 2 times i have looked through the files and i see nothing wrong with it but there is still no sound or animation! Both the corvette and sledgehammer work fine but not the fulcrum. Please help!   

6 hours ago, abbe026 said:

Hey!

I got a problem with the fulcrum engine, it has no sound or animation. I have tried everything! I reinstalled it 2 times i have looked through the files and i see nothing wrong with it but there is still no sound or animation! Both the corvette and sledgehammer work fine but not the fulcrum. Please help!   

Do you have RealPlume installed?

I've experienced a major issue after updating from version 1.4.6 to 1.4.9. All of my vehicles including parts from this mod are deleted upon loading the game. Most subassemblies including M.O.L.E parts have also been deleted from the subassemblies section of the VAB.

6 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

I've experienced a major issue after updating from version 1.4.6 to 1.4.9. All of my vehicles including parts from this mod are deleted upon loading the game. Most subassemblies including M.O.L.E parts have also been deleted from the subassemblies section of the VAB.

Some deprecated parts were removed. It's been awhile, try downloading 1.4.6, grab the deprecated folder contents, and install 1.4.9. Then copy the deprecated parts from 1.4.6 and stick them in the deprecated folder of your 1.4.9 folder. See if that helps.

If not, see if there are deprecated parts in the versions between 1.4.6 and 1.4.9

Edited by Angel-125

I had an idea about compatibility with Vens Stock Revamp.  That mod quite radically changes the style of the Mk1 pod, and it no longer fits in with the MOLE parts.   So would it be possible to do a config that if Vens was installed it would create a second Mk1 command pod part with the vanilla style, call it the "throwback" command module or some such.  

On 3/1/2017 at 1:50 PM, Angel-125 said:

Yikes! Hope you feel better soon. :)

Ok, I need to know how you installed the mod and what the contents of WildBlueIndustries looks like.

I see wild blue tools, buffalo, MOLE, and pathfinder 

i installed pathfinder by putting its game data in ksp's game data and the others just put them selves in wildblue

Edited by Abstract223

MOLE 1.5.0 LDEF: Long Duration Exposure Facility is now available:

This release introduces an alternative method for conducting MOLE's station experiments in the form of LDEF Experiment Modules. There are a number of external experiment modules to choose from. Simply fly an experiment to the station (or fly stand-alone using the support modules), start the experiment, and make sure that all the pre-requisites are met. Once the pre-requisites are met and the experiment has accumulated sufficient LabTime and/or other required resources, then either return the experiment module to Kerbin or transfer the data to a Mobile Processing Lab for further processing.

YOU CAN USE THE EXPERIMENT MODULES WITH THE MOLE LAB! Remember, the MOLE Lab can generate LabTime even when there are no experiments loaded into the lab.

The experiments run exactly like the existing ones; you need to make sure that the experiment's requirements are met (orbiting, specific altitude, etc.) Some experiments might require additional resources or additional parts to be on station. You generate LabTime using the MOLE Lab/LDEF Science Processor, ScopeTime using the KH-10, Plants using the Mark One Botany Lab/LDEF Botany Module, and SolarReports using the Solar Observatory.

The existing MOLE science system remains unchanged; you still load experiments into containers like the Coach and Appaloosa, transfer them into the MOLE Lab/Skylab, run them, and transfer completed experiments back into a container for the trip home. The LDEF system simply provides a more intuitive interface for conducting experiments at the cost of increased part count and reduced convenience.

New Parts

You can find these parts in the new LDEF tab.

- LDEF Core: This part is designed to host up to 4 External Experiment Carriers and/or support modules. You can place the core and its experiments in the Mk1 Interstage Service Compartment, RPND-A Service Compartment, Kargo Bay, or any other part capable of holding the rack and its experiments.
Hint: The Mk1 Iterstage Service Compartment can hold up to 3 cores, for a total of 12 external experiments and support modules.

- LDEF Double Core: A double-sized version of the core.

- LDEF Tripple Core: A tripple-sized version of the core.

- LDEF Experiment Module: This module houses a single experiment found in the MOLE science system. There are a number of different experiments available, each with its own module. You can press the "Show Synopsis" button to get a description of the experiment and a complete list of its requirements. Simply press the "Start Experiment" button to start the experiment, and check the status field to see what's going on. To stop the experiment, press the "Stop Experiment" button. When completed, the experiment will automatically show you the results and send you an in-game mail.

- LDEF Command Processor: This module is a no-frills probe core.

- LDEF Science Processor: This module generates a small amount of LabTime per day at the cost of ResearchKits and ElectricCharge.

- LDEF Botany Module: This module grows Plants from Water and Fertilizer at the cost of Water, Fertilizer, and ElectricCharge.

- LDEF Solar Battery: The solar battery powers your experiments and support modules.

- LDEF Resource Container: This container holds a small amount of ResearchKits or other useful resources.

- LDEF Equipment Container: This container is hollow and lets you attach small items.

New Contracts
- You can run LDEF experiments for Science, Rep, and Funds! The payout is proportional to where the contract asks you to run the experiment.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Updated the Snacks converters to the latest standards.
- RealPlume updates. Thanks @DStaal & @Merkov! :)
- Bug fixes for determining when an experiment has accumulated sufficient resources.

I have a bit of a problem and I'm unsure of what is going on exactly.

I am new to this mod, just installed the latest version 1.5.0

The folders are in the correct places: Gamedata -> WildblueIndustries -> 000WildBlueTools and Gamedata -> WildblueIndustries -> MOLE

I've unlocked all parts of the tech tree to unlock all MOLE parts.

I put the sample craft files in my game save folder and they do appear in the VAB.

My issue is that for several of the craft files, I am told that the files are missing parts and cannot be opened.

Trying to open, for example, Titan Appaloosa gives this error for missing parts:

WBI.backseat, WBI.MK8SISC, WBI.ShortInterstageAdaptor, WBI.LongInterstageAdaptor

I can load, for example, Titan II Kerpollo, and several other craft, but it seems like the same series of parts listed above are just not able to be found.

Any help would be welcome!

7 hours ago, KeithS said:

The folders are in the correct places: Gamedata -> WildblueIndustries -> 000WildBlueTools and Gamedata -> WildblueIndustries -> MOLE

Um, that's *not* the correct places.  You should never have a Gamedata inside a Gamedata.

You need: Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> 000WildBlueTools and MOLE.

13 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Um, that's *not* the correct places.  You should never have a Gamedata inside a Gamedata.

You need: Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> 000WildBlueTools and MOLE.

I think that's what he's trying to say. 

He has Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> 000WildBlueTools 

AND

He Has Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> MOLE

I think. 

8 minutes ago, Merkov said:

I think that's what he's trying to say. 

He has Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> 000WildBlueTools 

AND

He Has Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> MOLE

I think. 

If so, I apologize - but if I read it right, that could very well be his problem.  :wink:

24 minutes ago, DStaal said:

If so, I apologize - but if I read it right, that could very well be his problem.  :wink:

The former reply is correct. I have the folders as:

Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> 000WildBlueTools 

AND

Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> MOLE

One further clarification: The MOLE parts appear in the VAB. The Subfolder for WildBlueIndustries is present as well. The parts themselves appear as owned and unlocked in the Tech Tree. I can click on the parts and use them to build a new ship, but I cannot use several of the premade ships that come with MOLE.

Edited by KeithS

1 hour ago, KeithS said:

The former reply is correct. I have the folders as:

Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> 000WildBlueTools 

AND

Gamedata -> WildBlueIndustries -> MOLE

One further clarification: The MOLE parts appear in the VAB. The Subfolder for WildBlueIndustries is present as well. The parts themselves appear as owned and unlocked in the Tech Tree. I can click on the parts and use them to build a new ship, but I cannot use several of the premade ships that come with MOLE.

That's probably a case of outdated craft files. As a guess, you might be able to edit those files with the names of the current parts.

3 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

That's probably a case of outdated craft files. As a guess, you might be able to edit those files with the names of the current parts.

That's an option, I'll have to try and figure out how things have changed from version to version and see.

Can someone help explaining how to conduct a simple experiment contract, like research temperature study at kerbin?
I'm new to this mod, seen some videos about the experiments, but I can't complete any contracts.

I made several experiments and completed them in the experiment lab, but in the contract window says I havent completed the experiment. All other lines are checked (i.g.  Transport experiment to Kerbin, Satisfy all experiment conditions and Return experiment to Kerbin).
When recovering the vessel I get some science but no contract completion.

Screenshot for the temperature study at Kerbin:
http://pasteboard.co/HZL36ZCJq.jpg

Also, at the beginning of the career, it is normal to have so many contracts available in mission control about this experiments even if is not possible to run them due to the unresearched technology?

Thank you

10 hours ago, Gigaemon said:

Can someone help explaining how to conduct a simple experiment contract, like research temperature study at kerbin?
I'm new to this mod, seen some videos about the experiments, but I can't complete any contracts.

I made several experiments and completed them in the experiment lab, but in the contract window says I havent completed the experiment. All other lines are checked (i.g.  Transport experiment to Kerbin, Satisfy all experiment conditions and Return experiment to Kerbin).
When recovering the vessel I get some science but no contract completion.

Screenshot for the temperature study at Kerbin:
http://pasteboard.co/HZL36ZCJq.jpg

Also, at the beginning of the career, it is normal to have so many contracts available in mission control about this experiments even if is not possible to run them due to the unresearched technology?

Thank you

Not quite sure. Research contracts are new to me and not well explained. I can limit the number of contracts offered, and take a look at why they aren't completing. Maybe there is a flag I have to set, it isn't clear..

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Not quite sure. Research contracts are new to me and not well explained. I can limit the number of contracts offered, and take a look at why they aren't completing. Maybe there is a flag I have to set, it isn't clear..

Thank you for the reply.

I'll just use the MOLE to farm science then. Still a awesome and fun mod.
Is there a way I can remove the MOLE experimentations from the mission control?

Edited by sumghai
Fixed quote

3 hours ago, Gigaemon said:

Thank you for the reply.

I'll just use the MOLE to farm science then. Still a awesome and fun mod.
Is there a way I can remove the MOLE experimentations from the mission control?

Not yet, no, but I am currently working on some fixes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.