CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

Who do i talk to about getting my CKAN entry sorted out properly? I received no answers to my questions/comments on the NetKan github so far and my issue was closed once @linuxgurugamer kindly added the basics, but it's still missing all the extra info

29 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Who do i talk to about getting my CKAN entry sorted out properly? I received no answers to my questions/comments on the NetKan github so far and my issue was closed once @linuxgurugamer kindly added the basics, but it's still missing all the extra info

What's up with it, what do you need fixed?

For your info:

5 minutes ago, jamespicone said:

I've accepted @buttercookie42's pull request against my repository, rebuilt the mod against KSP 1.2.2, did a basic works-on-my-machine test and put it on SpaceDock. I don't really know about CKAN; probably a good idea for somebody else to do that.

From here: 

Can somebody please add this to CKAN?

<Failed to connect to repository. Exception: Trying to write c:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport.cfg but it already exists.>

Im always getting messages like this when opening CKAN lately. 

Edited by ISE

11 hours ago, ISE said:

<Failed to connect to repository. Exception: Trying to write c:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/LifeSupport.cfg but it already exists.>

Im always getting messages like this when opening CKAN lately. 

I've just added a new page to the CKAN Wiki - Clean & Reinstall Process. This process seems scary, but should be fairly quick, and will solve all issues caused by errors in your local CKAN registry, such as can be caused when there are significant changes to mod packaging and relationship changes. This happened recently with TACLS, so it would be worth your while doing this if you are getting constant errors like you say.

13 hours ago, N3N said:

Can somebody please add this to CKAN?

As noted on the thread, CKAN picked it up automatically.

On 2017-5-4 at 11:10 AM, N3N said:

Hey,

For your Info: In CKAN there is still only the version 1.2.8.

Can somebody please fix this?

PrceduralParts v1.2.9 is listed as of five hours ago.

Hey politas,

Thank you! :)

Sorry, I didn't have much time lately, otherwise I would have read more about CKAN functionality and would help you more with it.

I found a big problem with how CKAN installs this mod:

It downloads the right zip-file, but it then copies only a few files into the GameData folder, so that many parts and patches aren't shown in KSP.

I tested it on 3 other computers, all have the same issue.

What other information do you need to fix this?

(I can send you more Information, when I'm at my computer later on.)

3 hours ago, N3N said:

I found a big problem with how CKAN installs this mod:

It downloads the right zip-file, but it then copies only a few files into the GameData folder, so that many parts and patches aren't shown in KSP.

I tested it on 3 other computers, all have the same issue.

What other information do you need to fix this?

(I can send you more Information, when I'm at my computer later on.)

Contares was still depending on an old version of Tantares, pointed to the new one. SHould be fixed now.

45 minutes ago, Olympic1 said:

Contares was still depending on an old version of Tantares, pointed to the new one. SHould be fixed now.

Hey Olympic1,

Thank you! :wink:

On 05/05/2017 at 0:12 PM, politas said:

I've just added a new page to the CKAN Wiki - Clean & Reinstall Process. This process seems scary, but should be fairly quick, and will solve all issues caused by errors in your local CKAN registry, such as can be caused when there are significant changes to mod packaging and relationship changes. This happened recently with TACLS, so it would be worth your while doing this if you are getting constant errors like you say.

Thanks for that. However, I'm still getting:

The following inconsistencies were found:
ModuleManager requires a version between 2.7.2 and any version inclusive.. However a incompatible version, 2.7.0, is in the resolver

Error!

Not sure what this means?

Sorry, this is a response to @SmarterThanMe. The Quote button didn't activate properly:

It means that a mod is saying it needs a version of ModuleManager at least 2.7.2 or higher, but the CKAN thinks you are trying to install ModuleManager 2.7.0. Try a Refresh before reinstalling?

Edited by politas

46 minutes ago, politas said:

Sorry, this is a response to @SmarterThanMe. The Quote button didn't activate properly:

It means that a mod is saying it needs a version of ModuleManager at least 2.7.2 or higher, but the CKAN thinks you are trying to install ModuleManager 2.7.0. Try a Refresh before reinstalling?

I think I sorted it out... Had to uncheck it from the list and then download it again after. Thanks mate.

i have many KSP installs that CKAN is managing mods for.  this makes my drive fill up very quickly with the "downloads" folder duplicating many mods.

Would it be possible for CKAN to install in a unique directory rather than in KSP, and then keep a single downloads folder that all installs would share?

Hi everybody, i have a problem with Ckan.

The program return to me an "autoupdate failure" (error 403) that prevent me to check the new version. But the adress of the master.tar.gz is fully reachable through a classic firefox so.... i think it's due to something i can't figure out.

I have tested launch in administrator or creating exception in firewell but this solutions don't work.

if anyone have a solution i take it :wink:

On 2017-5-13 at 6:23 AM, msnbcorp said:

Hi everybody, i have a problem with Ckan.

The program return to me an "autoupdate failure" (error 403) that prevent me to check the new version. But the adress of the master.tar.gz is fully reachable through a classic firefox so.... i think it's due to something i can't figure out.

I have tested launch in administrator or creating exception in firewell but this solutions don't work.

if anyone have a solution i take it :wink:

What version of the CKAN client do you have currently?

On 2017-5-15 at 11:46 PM, youtubepersona said:

Ckan will not allow me to choose a new install on my desktop. Anyone else have this issue? work arounds?

Can you give some more details? What operating system you are using would be helpful, as well as information about what exactly you have tried and what messages if any you are getting when you attempt to add the KSP installation.

On 2017-5-10 at 6:30 PM, Bit Fiddler said:

i have many KSP installs that CKAN is managing mods for.  this makes my drive fill up very quickly with the "downloads" folder duplicating many mods.

Would it be possible for CKAN to install in a unique directory rather than in KSP, and then keep a single downloads folder that all installs would share?

The workaround most people are using for this is to replace the "CKAN/downloads" directory in each install with a symbolic link to a capacious file system.

Is the current version Heat Control compatible with KSP 1.2.2 and if so is there a way to force install even if metadata isn't getting updated as I can understand not wanting to have a system having incorrect version numbers installed?

IS there a problem with the repository right now? When I try to check for new/updated mods (Refresh) It spends minutes searching (Green Cylon light going across the screen) and never seems to connect or time out.

Normally It takes just 10-15 seconds at most?!?

Running KSP 1.2.2 and Latest CKAN on WIn8.1

17 hours ago, Das_Sheep said:

Is the current version Heat Control compatible with KSP 1.2.2 and if so is there a way to force install even if metadata isn't getting updated as I can understand not wanting to have a system having incorrect version numbers installed?

Done

17 hours ago, OldLost said:

Any chance of the new version of Extraplanetary Launchpads showing up? Version 5.7.1 is in CKAN but @taniwha released 5.7.2 more than 2 weeks ago.

and done