CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

Update on failed to connect.

After a few fails, (stopping it after it had been running for a few minutews) I just let it run trying to refresh.

After about 5 minutes I noticed this error message.

Failed to connect to repository. Exception: trying to write C:/Games/KSP 1.2.2/GameData/KWRocketry/Parts/Engines/1mMaverick1D/KW1mengineMaverick1D.cfg but it already exists.

So I told it to uninstall the KWRocketry mods. and restarted CKAN.

Now it is working normaly.

On 5.5.2017 at 4:12 AM, politas said:

I've just added a new page to the CKAN Wiki - Clean & Reinstall Process. This process seems scary, but should be fairly quick, and will solve all issues caused by errors in your local CKAN registry, such as can be caused when there are significant changes to mod packaging and relationship changes. This happened recently with TACLS, so it would be worth your while doing this if you are getting constant errors like you say.

As noted on the thread, CKAN picked it up automatically.

Thanks for the guide, just needed it.

One suggestion: add one step for the SHIPS folder, as some mods add .craft files and CKAN stops installing (as usual^^) if it finds them because no overright rule.

11 hours ago, BlackHat said:

After a few fails, (stopping it after it had been running for a few minutews) I just let it run trying to refresh.

Failed to connect to repository. Exception: trying to write C:/Games/KSP 1.2.2/GameData/KWRocketry/Parts/Engines/1mMaverick1D/KW1mengineMaverick1D.cfg but it already exists.

Should be fixed now

20 hours ago, BlackHat said:

I've seen this error (different file, though) several times.  I believe it is a CKAN bug and nothing to do with the mod.  I have always been able to defeat it by installing/updating fewer mods at once.  One mod per apply changes and it never shows up.  (Note that dependencies count--if one mod is going to pull in several others the bug might very well rear it's ugly head.  Install the dependencies first.)

While I have no proof of it I suspect a threading issue.

Hey all! Sorry if this has been covered before and I missed it, but it's been driving me nuts for a while now and I can't find anything to fix it. All of Sarbian's mods give an error when installing, including ModuleManager. His are the only mods I have noticed doing this.

This is the error I get:

Failed to download "https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/126/artifact/ModuleManager-2.7.6.zip" - error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

I have done a clean install, which resolved all the other errors I'd been getting, but this one is proving stubborn.

On 2017-5-22 at 4:56 AM, loppnessmonsta said:

Hey all! Sorry if this has been covered before and I missed it, but it's been driving me nuts for a while now and I can't find anything to fix it. All of Sarbian's mods give an error when installing, including ModuleManager. His are the only mods I have noticed doing this.

This is the error I get:

Failed to download "https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/126/artifact/ModuleManager-2.7.6.zip" - error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

I have done a clean install, which resolved all the other errors I'd been getting, but this one is proving stubborn.

Hi, loppnessmonsta! What OS are you using?

At a pinch, you could download the file directly, rename it to "199DE87A-ModuleManager-2.7.6.zip" and save it in your CKAN/downloads folder, but that's a rather blunt-force solution.

Where does CKAN store it's list of mods that are installed?

I have CrewRandR installed through CKAN and Kerbal Construction Time installed manually.

My CKAN has completely locked up and won't let me install or uninstall mods through the GUI because it thinks that KCT and CrewRnR are incompatible (they are not).

I tried removing CrewQueueTwo from "installed-default.ckan" - but it just gets re-populated when I launch CKAN and the lockup happens again.

So, three questions:

1) Why is CKAN interefering with manually installed mods? I get that it won't let me install them together through CKAN (KCT isn't even available on CKAN for 1.2.2 because it's the dev version) - if I choose to install it anyway, CKAN should respect that decision.

2) How can I force CrewRandR to be uninstalled from CKAN, so I can install it manually.

3) Can CKAN handle this situation a little more gracefully in future?

Edited by severedsolo

8 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

@politas,  I've just updated Ship Manifest, and have updated KSP AVC to point to my Git repo instead of SpaceDock.

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/releases

Just a courtesy note to let you know about the change.  

Hi PapaJoe, thanks for getting in touch! I can change over ShipManifest to GitHub easily enough, but I notice that your 5.1.4.0 is marked as a Pre-release on GitHub, so it won't be made available in CKAN until you upgrade it to a full release. 

1 hour ago, politas said:

Hi PapaJoe, thanks for getting in touch! I can change over ShipManifest to GitHub easily enough, but I notice that your 5.1.4.0 is marked as a Pre-release on GitHub, so it won't be made available in CKAN until you upgrade it to a full release. 

Thanks!  and that works for me, as I'm not releasing to spacedock or Curse until then as well.

14 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Where does CKAN store it's list of mods that are installed?

I have CrewRandR installed through CKAN and Kerbal Construction Time installed manually.

My CKAN has completely locked up and won't let me install or uninstall mods through the GUI because it thinks that KCT and CrewRnR are incompatible (they are not).

I tried removing CrewQueueTwo from "installed-default.ckan" - but it just gets re-populated when I launch CKAN and the lockup happens again.

So, three questions:

1) Why is CKAN interefering with manually installed mods? I get that it won't let me install them together through CKAN (KCT isn't even available on CKAN for 1.2.2 because it's the dev version) - if I choose to install it anyway, CKAN should respect that decision.

2) How can I force CrewRandR to be uninstalled from CKAN, so I can install it manually.

3) Can CKAN handle this situation a little more gracefully in future?

CKAN stores its list of what is installed in the CKAN/registry.json file

The author of Crew RR (@linuxgurugamer) believes it is incompatible with Kerbal Construction Time. He wrote the CKAN metadata himself. CKAN will not leave your game in what it sees as an inconsistent state, so you can't make any changes that don't resolve that conflict.

To answer your three questions, then:

1: CKAN is trying to ensure that you don't have incompatible mods. It detects that you have manually installed KCT, so it wants you to uninstall Crew RR, because it knows they are incompatible. CKAN is trying to _not_ interfere with the mod you installed manually. 

2: If the CKAN client won't simply let you uninstall Crew RR through the GUI, you could use the command line:

ckan remove CrewQueueTwo

or temporarily move the KCT folder out of GameData, refresh and restart CKAN, then remove Crew RR before moving the KCT folder back into GameData. I don't know why you want to install them together when the author of Crew RR has explicitly said they are not compatible.

3: You are attempting to force incompatible mods to be installed. The CKAN is not intended to do this. It is entirely the antithesis of what the CKAN was designed to do, so it isn't going to handle the situation more gracefully in the future, I'm afraid.

22 hours ago, loppnessmonsta said:

I am using Windows 10.

Ok, well that leaves me pretty much baffled. Is it still happening? Can you download the file with your browser ok? Perhaps do the renaming and storing in the CKAN downloads folder trick for now and see if you have any issues with the next ModuleManager.

On 2017-5-20 at 8:05 PM, Loren Pechtel said:

I've seen this error (different file, though) several times.  I believe it is a CKAN bug and nothing to do with the mod.  I have always been able to defeat it by installing/updating fewer mods at once.  One mod per apply changes and it never shows up.  (Note that dependencies count--if one mod is going to pull in several others the bug might very well rear it's ugly head.  Install the dependencies first.)

While I have no proof of it I suspect a threading issue.

There's clearly a bug there, since the error text doesn't match the lead. Tricky to chase down without a reproducible test case. If anyone can reliably reproduce it, I'd love to get steps and a registry.json to look at.

4 hours ago, politas said:

There's clearly a bug there, since the error text doesn't match the lead. Tricky to chase down without a reproducible test case. If anyone can reliably reproduce it, I'd love to get steps and a registry.json to look at.

I don't believe there is a truly reproducable test case as I have seen simply retrying make it work.  It's reasonably consistent, though, so next time it happens I'll note what mods it was trying to install.

I don't envy you the bug hunt as it's clearly somehow an interaction--the more mods at once the more likely it is to happen and I've never seen it with only one.  I suspect something is bleeding between threads and those tend to be hair-pullers.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, politas said:

Ok, well that leaves me pretty much baffled. Is it still happening? Can you download the file with your browser ok? Perhaps do the renaming and storing in the CKAN downloads folder trick for now and see if you have any issues with the next ModuleManager.

Interestingly, I tried pasting the url from the error into both Edge and Chrome and both browsers yield a similar response- claiming ksp.sarbian.com is sending invalid/outdated SSL/TLS responses. I'm no programmer, but that would seem to indicate to me that the issue lies not with ckan but with my connection to that specific host.

Also of note, I get the same message when trying to download the mod manually from the links provided in sarbian's thread, further indicating the issue lies elsewhere. Is my reasoning sound?

6 hours ago, loppnessmonsta said:

Interestingly, I tried pasting the url from the error into both Edge and Chrome and both browsers yield a similar response- claiming ksp.sarbian.com is sending invalid/outdated SSL/TLS responses. I'm no programmer, but that would seem to indicate to me that the issue lies not with ckan but with my connection to that specific host.

Also of note, I get the same message when trying to download the mod manually from the links provided in sarbian's thread, further indicating the issue lies elsewhere. Is my reasoning sound?

Yes, that seems correct. I hope you can find the problem!

On 2017-5-24 at 11:52 AM, Warsoul said:

I need help to add my mod into Ckan under All Rights reserved licences.

Who can help me or explain how it work ?

https://spacedock.info/mod/899/MaErDa Corp Beta Testers Pack

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN should cover it. Feel free to PM me any specific questions!

Curious about CKAN expected behavior.  I'm on 1.2.2.1622  - should CKAN be updating me to something for KSP 1.3.0?

Example: In the Compatible KSP Versions tab, I do NOT have the 1.3 checkbox marked.  I do not have any checkboxes, staying with the default for my current version, which CKAN reports accurately as being 1.2.2.1622.  Easy Vessel Switch just updated to its ver 1.3.0.0 and sets compatibility with KSP 1.3.0  I already have the previous version of EVS installed via CKAN, mod version 1.2.0.0 which works fine with KSP version 1.2.2.1622  The problem is, when I refreshed for updates, CKAN flagged EVS for update to mod version 1.3.0 which is specifically for ksp 1.3.0.  This is despite me having the last mod version that was specifically for my current KSP version.

Loading something set up for KSP 1.3.0.x, and the mod might be using newer (backward incompatible) API calls which could fail and crash.  So the behavior I am expecting is "this far and no farther" with the highest version selected in the setting. 

Why is CKAN marking this update as "available" when it should not be (1.3 mods should not show vs 1.2.2.1622 install)

Edited by Murdabenne

5 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Curious about CKAN expected behavior.  I'm on 1.2.2.1622  - should CKAN be updating me to something for KSP 1.3.0?

Example: In the Compatible KSP Versions tab, I do NOT have the 1.3 checkbox marked.  I do not have any checkboxes, staying with the default for my current version, which CKAN reports accurately as being 1.2.2.1622.  Easy Vessel Switch just updated to its ver 1.3.0.0 and sets compatibility with KSP 1.3.0  I already have the previous version of EVS installed via CKAN, mod version 1.2.0.0 which works fine with KSP version 1.2.2.1622  The problem is, when I refreshed for updates, CKAN flagged EVS for update to mod version 1.3.0 which is specifically for ksp 1.3.0.  This is despite me having the last mod version that was specifically for my current KSP version.

Loading something set up for KSP 1.3.0.x, and the mod might be using newer (backward incompatible) API calls which could fail and crash.  So the behavior I am expecting is "this far and no farther" with the highest version selected in the setting. 

Why is CKAN marking this update as "available" when it should not be (1.3 mods should not show vs 1.2.2.1622 install)

EasyVesselSwitch 1.3.0 is compatible with KSP 1.2.2 through 1.3.99.

New CKAN Release - v1.22.2 "Mahia"

Rocket_Lab_Launch_Complex_1_(Sept_2016).

Changes since 1.22.1

Bugfixes

• [CLI] Removed non-functioning code on available command (#1966 by: politas; reviewed: dbent)
  • [core] Switch Linux and MacOS to native C# downloads (#2023 by: politas; reviewed: pjf)
  • [NetKAN] Convert spaces to %20 in Curse URLs (#2041 by: politas)

Features

• [Build] Use Cake for build and overhaul/cleanup build (#1589 by: dbent; reviewed: techman83, politas)
  • [Build] Docker updates to support cake! (#1988 by: mathuin; reviewed; reviewed: dbent)
  • [Build] Update Build packages (#2028 by: dbent; reviewed: Olympic1)
  • [Build] Update Build for Mono 5.0.0 (#2049 by: dbent; reviewed: politas)
  • [Build] Update Update build (#2050 by: dbent; reviewed: politas)
  • [core] Update KSP builds (#2056 by: Olympic1; reviewed: linuxgurugamer)
  • [NetKAN] Canonicalize non-raw GitHub URIs (#2054 by: dbent; reviewed: politas)

Notes

• Windows users must have .NET 4.5 installed.
  • libcurl is no longer used by CKAN for Linux or Mac. If you experience problems downloading, please contact us
  • Mac/Linux/Mono users: please use the new cert-sync tool, to update mono's certificate store.
  • Mac Users: There is now a MacOS CKAN App launcher available thanks to the wonderful Maxzhao.
  • This release of the CKAN has not been tested on Mono 3.2.8. We highly recommend upgrading to the latest stable release of Mono from mono-project.com.

Release image is licensed CC BY-SA 2.0, by Rodney Allen

A first entry into the CKAN client release notes for @linuxgurugamer! Most of the changes in this version have been related to our build processes, so you won't see a lot of difference in the client. For anyone experiencing issues with libcurl downloads on Linux and MacOS, we've switched to native C# downloading now, so things should get better in that regard. We've implemented an environment variable you can set to go back to libcurl downloads, so let us know if you are having any troubles. Testing indicates there should be no issues, though.

New KSP major release of course means mod authors are scrambling to catch up and release new versions of their mods. There are going to be a few hiccoughs in the next couple of weeks; please be patient with us as we struggle to get all the updates right.

On 5/23/2017 at 6:16 AM, politas said:

Just a heads up.  SM ver 5.1.4.1 released.  KSP AVC file has been updated to reflect Github repo as distribution point.  Thanks for all your hard work!

4 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Just a heads up.  SM ver 5.1.4.1 released.  KSP AVC file has been updated to reflect Github repo as distribution point.  Thanks for all your hard work!

@Papa_Joe Could you update the AVC file on http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net because the min version is set to 1.3 but the max version to 1.1.

This causes SM not to show up as a 1.3 version

Edited by Olympic1

3 hours ago, Aghanim said:

For some reason my CKAN v.1.22.2 installation stops working with this log from starting CKAN in the terminal:

https://gist.github.com/minecraft2048/0f9760dc0a8766b44e8e9ceac028756c

I'm using Arch Linux, any troubleshooting step that I can do?

If the auto-update isn't working, just grab the new release from http://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/latest

Edited by politas