CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network); v1.28.0 - Dyson

politas

1 minute ago, politas said:

If the auto-update isn't working, just grab the new release from http://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/latest

Uhmm my installation is already at the newest version as of that Github download page, v1.22.2... wait

I'm sorry, I forgot to add this detail:

Everytime I tried to update my KSP mods using CKAN using CKAN 1.22.2, it crashes with this log, and reinstalling CKAN doesn't help (as far as deleting CKAN binary file and redownloading it from Github)

I have a 1.22 install of KSP.

I have KIS installed by CKAN.

CKAN told me an update for KIS was available.

I trusted CKAN.

It installed a version for 1.3 into my 1.22 game.

It broke my game.

KSP wouldn't even finish loading.

I had to manually reinstall the older version of KIS.

BAD CKAN. SHAME! Yes, this finger of shame is pointing at you.

2 hours ago, Daveroski said:

I have a 1.22 install of KSP.

I have KIS installed by CKAN.

CKAN told me an update for KIS was available.

I trusted CKAN.

It installed a version for 1.3 into my 1.22 game.

It broke my game.

KSP wouldn't even finish loading.

I had to manually reinstall the older version of KIS.

BAD CKAN. SHAME! Yes, this finger of shame is pointing at you.

Blame the modmaker, who updated the mod & told CKAN it was ok

33 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

So... on my 1.22 game.

Can I now uninstall my manual installation of KIS  and have CKAN reinstall the correct version for 1.22?

ckan.exe upgrade KIS=1.4.4

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Blame the modmaker, who updated the mod & told CKAN it was ok

This really needs to be sorted, modders fault or no. CKAN is unusable if it is going to bork my install every time I allow an update.
I can't think of an easily implemented technical solution, so it'll likely have to be: find incompatible update -> poke author.
What would be nice is some workaround functionality in CKAN e.g. force version and hold version in the GUI.
Installing the correct version manually from the CLI is fine (though upgrade <identifier>=<version> is still not in the manual), but there's currently no way at all to hold mod versions (i.e. ignore upgrades).

Edited by steve_v

4 minutes ago, steve_v said:

This really needs to be sorted, modders fault or no. CKAN is unusable if it is going to bork my install every time I allow an update.

There might actually be a CKAN bug here. The KIS 1.5.0 section of registry.json says:

"ksp_version_max": "1.3.99",
                                        "ksp_version_min": "1.2.2",

The versioning for this mod should be coming from the KIS.version file in the download:

"$kref"           : "#/ckan/netkan/https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ihsoft/KIS/master/KIS.netkan",
    "$vref"           : "#/ckan/ksp-avc",

However, that file was never in such a state. The 1.5.0 commit updated it from 1.2.0-1.2.99 to 1.3.0-1.3.99:

https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/commit/43fb129ee3543f78913265255cab33cd620e8848

Could Curse be messing it up somehow?

"$kref"           : "#/ckan/curse/228561",

37 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can someone take a look at kwrocketryredux?  I updated it more than an hour ago, it doesn't seem to have need updated in ckan

They are indexed know.

Only when you update via the ckan repos or spacedock it gets directly indexed, otherwise its via the bot every 3h (so github, curse, external netkan)

14 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

There might actually be a CKAN bug here. The KIS 1.5.0 section of registry.json says:

"ksp_version_max": "1.3.99",
                                        "ksp_version_min": "1.2.2",

The versioning for this mod should be coming from the KIS.version file in the download:

"$kref"           : "#/ckan/netkan/https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ihsoft/KIS/master/KIS.netkan",
    "$vref"           : "#/ckan/ksp-avc",

However, that file was never in such a state. The 1.5.0 commit updated it from 1.2.0-1.2.99 to 1.3.0-1.3.99:

https://github.com/ihsoft/KIS/commit/43fb129ee3543f78913265255cab33cd620e8848

Could Curse be messing it up somehow?

"$kref"           : "#/ckan/curse/228561",

Should be fixed now.

Our bot is constantly updating mods, its hard to keep track on them and check every one of them to see if the ksp version is right or not.

16 minutes ago, Olympic1 said:

Our bot is constantly updating mods, its hard to keep track on them and check every one of them to see if the ksp version is right or not.

Acknowledged, but where did that "1.2.2" in registry.json come from? The only place where I saw that version with regard to KIS was on its Curse page, which looks like it should be overridden by the AVC file. The mod author seems never to have released a version where 1.2.2 was the minimum supported.

Feature Request:  Download Scheduler.

I have a metered internet connection, and am limited to so many GB at certain times of day, and other amounts at other times.   I would like to see an option where downloads would only occur during scheduled time ranges, unless manually started.   Thanks!

2 hours ago, Olympic1 said:

They are indexed know.

Only when you update via the ckan repos or spacedock it gets directly indexed, otherwise its via the bot every 3h (so github, curse, external netkan)

It was uploaded to Spacedock, that's why I asked.

52 minutes ago, PanzerAce said:

Getting a bug, looking to update everything as updates release, and if I click install available updates, I get this: "Cannot install Community Tech Tree, module not available."

Umm, CTT is not yet updated

Ok, I've pushed out 1.22.3 to fix the problem where Linux clients were still attempting to use curlsharp for downloads.

Changes since 1.22.2

Bugfixes

• [core] Fix broken Chicken bits from #2023 (#2058 by: politas)

8 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Acknowledged, but where did that "1.2.2" in registry.json come from? The only place where I saw that version with regard to KIS was on its Curse page, which looks like it should be overridden by the AVC file. The mod author seems never to have released a version where 1.2.2 was the minimum supported.

The CKAN AVC Transformer will only increase compatibility, not decrease it, so the compatibility from Curse gets turned into the minimum version.

Edited by politas

7 hours ago, PanzerAce said:

Getting a bug, looking to update everything as updates release, and if I click install available updates, I get this: "Cannot install Community Tech Tree, module not available."

I am getting this error too. I get it when I am trying to install 1.3 compatible mods via CKAN. USI LS for example.

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Umm, CTT is not yet updated

I get this error when trying to install other mods; not trying to update CTT. Sometimes I get the same error, but instead of CTT it says cannot install VenStockRevamp. Again, when I am not trying to install either VSR or CTT.

Details from the CKAN error:

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install CommunityTechTree, module not available
   at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KspVersionCriteria kspversion)
   at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version)
   at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>d__77.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>d__76.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1648.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 1.22.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.22.3
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1647.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1647.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1648.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, you may not be trying to install it, but other mods might be.

Fair enough and good point, but I cannot think of a single mod that would have either VSR or CTT as a dependency. At least none of the mods I have installed require either of those two mods as a dependency.

1 hour ago, Stratickus said:

Fair enough and good point, but I cannot think of a single mod that would have either VSR or CTT as a dependency. At least none of the mods I have installed require either of those two mods as a dependency.

It would help if you posted a list of the mods you are trying to install