Vehicle chassis design

Jimbo Jangles

Hey all, been away from KSP for some time, glad to be back! My question is this: I keep seeing posts of cars, jeeps, and dune buggies where the vehicle has a tubular frame, like a roll cage. There are no parts attached, just a bare cage I'm wondering where people are getting these or if they're making it themselves. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Jimbo

You rang,

Hi, yes there are technically two mods that you're seeing around, one is now in general circulation  and linked above and the other is not.  The unavailable version started life as a redo of the RollKage frames but has since grown somewhat.  As to it being released ever, I've been convinced to release other in house toys, so who knows,  but I do have a well known problem of making 10 times more than I can ever be bothered to release.

Spoiler

SO this is a pic from a couple of weeks ago and there are two new ones not shown, but every part connects to every other part with unity placed nodes.  This makes the number of potential arrangements quite large and very versatile ( disgusting colors just to make sections more visible) and a texture switch for good measure as not everyone wants grey :)

Fjim54l.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.