[1.12.x] BetterTimeWarpContinued - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

linuxgurugamer

Hmm... looks like I'm using version 2.3.1. I'll see if I get the same issue in version 2.3.2 and then send the log file.

Looks like 2.3.2 fixed the issue of the B button missing from the toolbar and being unable to minimize the UI, but I still can't move it around in flight. Also, I deleted the slow mo physics warp (Time Control does it better - I use Better Time Warp for fast physics warp) and I got this annoying pop-up window telling me what I just deleted that I can't close. I assume you forgot to add a button to close it.

Here's the pictures I took of it https://imgur.com/a/K6mOq

And here's my ksp.log file http://pastebin.com/wRFnFVrF

52 minutes ago, wadusher1 said:

Hmm... looks like I'm using version 2.3.1. I'll see if I get the same issue in version 2.3.2 and then send the log file.

Looks like 2.3.2 fixed the issue of the B button missing from the toolbar and being unable to minimize the UI, but I still can't move it around in flight. Also, I deleted the slow mo physics warp (Time Control does it better - I use Better Time Warp for fast physics warp) and I got this annoying pop-up window telling me what I just deleted that I can't close. I assume you forgot to add a button to close it.

Here's the pictures I took of it https://imgur.com/a/K6mOq

And here's my ksp.log file http://pastebin.com/wRFnFVrF

It's not that I forgot to add a close button, I just adopted it.  I'll take a look and see what needs to be fixed.

Please add them to the github issues

Edit:  Looks like the ability to drag a window isn't there in the current release

Edited by linuxgurugamer

58 minutes ago, ockidj said:

Can I add more steps to physics warp?

No

New release, 2.3.3:

• Moved enabled setting into standard system settings
  • Fixed window from staying open on the main menu
  • Made windows movable
  • Changed mod activation from gameObject.AddComponent<BetterTimeWarp> (); to using the   [KSPAddon(KSPAddon.Startup.FlightAndKSC | KSPAddon.Startup.TrackingStation, false)]
  • Added setting to hide button in all scenes
  • Added setting to hide button in flight
  • Added setting to  lock window positions in Flight
  • Added setting to lock window positions everywhere else
  • Fixed dialogs which didn't have an OK button

All default settings are set to emulate the old behaviour.  To change it, you need to go into the standard game settings, either when starting a new game (select the Difficulty Options), or, by going into the game settings and selecting the Difficulty Options there, and then selecting the Better Time Warp button on the left.

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

One more:  2.3.4

• Fixed the dropdown icon from covering up the Commnet icons

Thanks, very useful addition.

However, when CommNet works through a relay then there is additional icon displayed and dropdown icon covers CommNet again. Issue #7 created on Github.

tSo8bOm.png

It is an incredibly useful mod already and if you're willing to put a bit more time then I would see the potential improvements possible:

1. removal of the dropdown icon and only use menu button (to make the mod UI consistent with most other mods)

2. integration with Blizzy's toolbar

3. unification of settings storage - 'old' part of the mod saves settings to a file, the 'new' part (settings in difficulty menu) in savefile.

On 2/7/2017 at 2:44 PM, Raphaello said:

1. removal of the dropdown icon and only use menu button (to make the mod UI consistent with most other mods)

2. integration with Blizzy's toolbar

Agreed, either one works good. That button is even more out of place in a sandbox game where there isn't even a signals bar and it's just floating out there on its own

Ok.  First, I appreciate all the input and suggestions. 

Second, I won't add to Blizzy's toolbar.  Now that I have Janitor's Closet working well with the stock toolbar integration, I'm just going to use the stock and recommend the Janitor's Closet

Third, what do you think about the following:

1. Make the dropdown icon an optional button
  2. Add button to stock toolbar.  Button will also be optional
  3. Fix the location of the button when there is a Commnet Relay
  4. Fix the location of the button when in a sandbox game without a signals bar

Finally, regarding the settings file vs the standard settings:  The standard settings cannot save a variable amount of information.  That needs to be saved in it's own file, ie:  the different warp speeds is configurable, in the number of different sets.

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Add button to stock toolbar.  Button will also be optional

best solution IMO - that commnet interface changes way too much depending on situations that'll leave that dropdown button hanging in the middle of nothing most of the time

Can you add an option to be able to move the arrow in the flight view that extends the mod menu? In my resolution it sits on top of my communications menu. Yesterday I hd another problem that maybe won't happen again hopefully: the menu stayed open and I couldn't close it I had to restart the entire game.
Anyway, thank you for this mod it really makes waiting a less frustrating moment...

9 hours ago, Agustin said:

Can you add an option to be able to move the arrow in the flight view that extends the mod menu? In my resolution it sits on top of my communications menu.

There is much to be said for reading back a bit before posting in a thread.

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 2.3.5:

• Fixed button not appearing on map view and in tracking screen
  • Fixed dropdown location when Kerbal is on EVA
  • Fixed dropdown location when Commnet is not active
  • Added option to disable dropdown in settings

Re the dropdown, I think I got all the situations, but if you come up with one where it is hanging in midair, please let me know.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

" Added option to disable dropdown in settings "
I may be going bonkers, but I can't find where the option to disable the dropdown is. I looked in the setting window, the advanced settings, even the physics settings in case it was there as well as the .cfg file. Can I get a hint? :)

One more minor update, 2.3.5.3

• Fixed nullrefs which were occuring during startup
12 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

" Added option to disable dropdown in settings "
I may be going bonkers, but I can't find where the option to disable the dropdown is. I looked in the setting window, the advanced settings, even the physics settings in case it was there as well as the .cfg file. Can I get a hint? :)

Hit Escape, go into the settings window for the game.

Click the Difficulty Options button to get to the advanced settings

Click the Better Time Warp on the left column, the optios will be on the right

On 3/1/2017 at 11:24 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Make sure you have the latest version, lots of bug fixes, and that sounded somewhat familiar

I'm running 2.3.5.4 with similar log spam.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag3zwowu4ayt2yf/output_log.txt?dl=0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BetterTimeWarp.BetterTimeWarp.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)