SQUAD

KSP Weekly: Volunteers Wanted!

123 posts in this topic

in a word: "Volunteers"

If this effort is that important, then paying for QA support would seem appropriate.

Edited by Wallygator
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2017 at 9:43 PM, jarmund said:

I was hoping i could help with my knowledge of old norse, but i have to admit that I do not know how "apoapsis", "thrust vectoring", and "escape velocity" translate to 9th century. I fear the result would be a bit Up Goer Five.

Traditional chinese is used in Taiwan. I happen to live in Taiwan and I speak chinese, that's why I offered.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2017 at 7:20 AM, Just Jim said:

Rats, I'm not on social media..... no statues for Jim.  :(

Oh, and as for the new surprises, I look forward to them... I just hope I can integrate whatever changes lie ahead into Emiko Station.

We will share it here too @Just Jim

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Badie said:

We will share it here too @Just Jim

Ah Squad staff a rare sight to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nerfclasher said:

Ah Squad staff a rare sight to see

Can't think of a recent KSP Weekly/Devnote Tuesday thread that didn't have at least one Squad staffer post in it. vOv

10 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Can't think of a recent KSP Weekly/Devnote Tuesday thread that didn't have at least one Squad staffer post in it. vOv

 That was more than one that posted it in this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nerfclasher said:

 That was more than one that posted it in this one

You seem to be negating your own point here.:confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

You seem to be negating your own point here.:confused:

 Looks like I just did 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can speak Chinese and English.

I am an aerospace enthusiast and has been playing KSP for several years. 
I will be very excited if I can help translate this game. 

 @JPLRepo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Chinese KSP player, I'd like join the project of localization.

And I believe the game can be a great hit in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhh... the dev note kind of left me on a cliff hanger. "If you would like to win this IVA bundle from Shapeways.", yes I would.... please continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Uhh... the dev note kind of left me on a cliff hanger. "If you would like to win this IVA bundle from Shapeways.", yes I would.... please continue.

Well, the next line was:

On 1/13/2017 at 7:19 PM, SQUAD said:

Stay tuned to all our Social Media channels to learn more, we’ll give more details next week!

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, razark said:

Well, the next line was:

 

Well it doesn't help that the section before that is something that it would also apply for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nice everyone being so focused on translation, but I have a small question:

You (Squad) actually broke all the planets this and past update and there is no mentioning of it getting fixed, you keep focused on localization BUT all the planets are cracked.
Is this fixed in the next update?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some points I would like to make:

 

1. This is NOT DevNotes and hasn't been for a while now. Don't expect it or call it that.

2.  KSP is in the best state it's ever been in and it's not even close. 

3. There is no strong argument against localization. 

4. Localization could present new problems but so could adding a new feature. 

5. I have been fairly critical of squad for as long as I've played (0.18), but right now the knock against them is of not being vocal about development when in the past it was about completely game breaking bugs (memory leak when switching scenes) 

6. The developer/community that you knew for a while was special and most likely a thing of the past. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Some points I would like to make:

 

1. This is NOT DevNotes and hasn't been for a while now. Don't expect it or call it that.

2.  KSP is in the best state it's ever been in and it's not even close. 

3. There is no strong argument against localization. 

4. Localization could present new problems but so could adding a new feature. 

5. I have been fairly critical of squad for as long as I've played (0.18), but right now the knock against them is of not being vocal about development when in the past it was about completely game breaking bugs (memory leak when switching scenes) 

6. The developer/community that you knew for a while was special and most likely a thing of the past. 

1. Correct, but I don't see why that should matter much. Essentially it's published news from the devs...

2. Agreed.

3. Agreed.

4. Agreed.

5. Agreed.

6. Not agreed. Like all things in this universe, it alters with time, but many many faces from the last 5 years are still active in the community and many former devs among them (several were community members before they were devs anyway). This is the same community, it's just the same community in 2017, not in 2011.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2017 at 9:15 AM, federicoaa said:

Traditional chinese is used in Taiwan. I happen to live in Taiwan and I speak chinese, that's why I offered.

Yeah, Traditional Chinese has been used up until the 1960s in mainland China.

Traditional Japanese was phased out for a more simplified version a little bit earlier.  However, both Japanese and Chinese have traditional technical dialects as well as the simplified ones.   They were in widespread use in the WWII era. 

The main problem for traditional CJK language support is font support.   The Unicode symbol combiner support in Unity isn't particularly good.  I doubt it could handle most traditional Chinese and Japanese composite characters.

Edited by Ruedii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did i bother?  just give up on the Weekly stuff unless there is some actual information.

the week = were working on something, we wont tell you tho, also we need a little help with the localisation.

see didn't need more than a couple of sentences did it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want join Chinese edition test!!!!

I'm a Chinese, I could do all test and correcting of Chinese text in game and submit BUG or test report by English (if you need).

I have Pm U already. THX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2017 at 11:56 AM, Badie said:

We will share it here too @Just Jim

Thank you!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSP Not-Exactly-Weekly

I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, fourfa said:

KSP Not-Exactly-Weekly

I guess?

You spoke 7 minutes too soon. :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

日本語でKSPをやってみたい。楽しみに‼ :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now