KSP Weekly: Volunteers Wanted!

SQUAD

On 1/14/2017 at 9:43 PM, jarmund said:

I was hoping i could help with my knowledge of old norse, but i have to admit that I do not know how "apoapsis", "thrust vectoring", and "escape velocity" translate to 9th century. I fear the result would be a bit Up Goer Five.

Traditional chinese is used in Taiwan. I happen to live in Taiwan and I speak chinese, that's why I offered.

14 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Uhh... the dev note kind of left me on a cliff hanger. "If you would like to win this IVA bundle from Shapeways.", yes I would.... please continue.

Well, the next line was:

On 1/13/2017 at 7:19 PM, SQUAD said:

Stay tuned to all our Social Media channels to learn more, we’ll give more details next week!

So nice everyone being so focused on translation, but I have a small question:

You (Squad) actually broke all the planets this and past update and there is no mentioning of it getting fixed, you keep focused on localization BUT all the planets are cracked.
Is this fixed in the next update?

Some points I would like to make:

1. This is NOT DevNotes and hasn't been for a while now. Don't expect it or call it that.

2.  KSP is in the best state it's ever been in and it's not even close. 

3. There is no strong argument against localization. 

4. Localization could present new problems but so could adding a new feature. 

5. I have been fairly critical of squad for as long as I've played (0.18), but right now the knock against them is of not being vocal about development when in the past it was about completely game breaking bugs (memory leak when switching scenes) 

6. The developer/community that you knew for a while was special and most likely a thing of the past. 

18 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Some points I would like to make:

1. This is NOT DevNotes and hasn't been for a while now. Don't expect it or call it that.

2.  KSP is in the best state it's ever been in and it's not even close. 

3. There is no strong argument against localization. 

4. Localization could present new problems but so could adding a new feature. 

5. I have been fairly critical of squad for as long as I've played (0.18), but right now the knock against them is of not being vocal about development when in the past it was about completely game breaking bugs (memory leak when switching scenes) 

6. The developer/community that you knew for a while was special and most likely a thing of the past. 

1. Correct, but I don't see why that should matter much. Essentially it's published news from the devs...

2. Agreed.

3. Agreed.

4. Agreed.

5. Agreed.

6. Not agreed. Like all things in this universe, it alters with time, but many many faces from the last 5 years are still active in the community and many former devs among them (several were community members before they were devs anyway). This is the same community, it's just the same community in 2017, not in 2011.

On 1/16/2017 at 9:15 AM, federicoaa said:

Traditional chinese is used in Taiwan. I happen to live in Taiwan and I speak chinese, that's why I offered.

Yeah, Traditional Chinese has been used up until the 1960s in mainland China.

Traditional Japanese was phased out for a more simplified version a little bit earlier.  However, both Japanese and Chinese have traditional technical dialects as well as the simplified ones.   They were in widespread use in the WWII era. 

The main problem for traditional CJK language support is font support.   The Unicode symbol combiner support in Unity isn't particularly good.  I doubt it could handle most traditional Chinese and Japanese composite characters.

Edited by Ruedii

Why did i bother?  just give up on the Weekly stuff unless there is some actual information.

the week = were working on something, we wont tell you tho, also we need a little help with the localisation.

see didn't need more than a couple of sentences did it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.