What do you do in your spare time?

munlander1

Just now, munlander1 said:

What airsoft guns do you have?

I've got a G&G SCAR-L with TM internals I got yesterday for $100, the air nozzle doesn't retract fully, though. I also have Tokyo Marui G18c AEP with trades, it's got a Nineball spring and spring guide in it. And finally I have a King Arms M4 Tanker Rifle, but I'm probably going to sell that and save up for a TM MP7 AEP, which is only $220 shipped from Echigoya.

6 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I've got a G&G SCAR-L with TM internals I got yesterday for $100, the air nozzle doesn't retract fully, though. I also have Tokyo Marui G18c AEP with trades, it's got a Nineball spring and spring guide in it. And finally I have a King Arms M4 Tanker Rifle, but I'm probably going to sell that and save up for a TM MP7 AEP, which is only $220 shipped from Echigoya.

You really seem into airsoft. I only have a aeg from dicks.

When I'm not playing KSP I work on my Virtual Model Railroad or Vitually Bombing German bases in my Virtual B-17 and killing Virtual pilots that underestimate my Virtual Turret Gunning skills. Or I'm watching YouTube on my TV while sitting on my couch. Yeah, I don't do much, do I?

Edited by Spacetraindriver

On January 15, 2017 at 3:04 PM, legoclone09 said:

19 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Vitually Bombing German bases in my Virtual B-17 and killing Virtual pilots that underestimate my Virtual Turret Gunning skills

What game do you virtually use your virtual b-17 in?

Edited by munlander1
discard first quote box, the chat box broke and I could not remove it.

27 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I'm betting War Thunder, that's the only WWII-era plane game that comes to mind for me.

World of planes maybe.

23 minutes ago, rsparkyc said:

As for me, I'm trying to get RO/RP-0 working on 1.2.2

That sounds interesting. 

Edited by munlander1

During the summer I garden, camp, do outdoor things, sit in my yard watching Youtube, drink beer, read, work on my bike and fix our cars. I'm trying to get a coke forge up and running, probably about 75% there.

During the winter I play video games pretty heavily and read.

All year round I am a family man.

17 hours ago, regex said:

trying to get a coke forge up and running, probably about 75% there.

Sounds interesting! What do you plan to do with it?

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

I work on my novels.

What genre, have you been published?

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Grade on-line course materials...

Are you a teacher? What grade(s) you teach?

26 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Sounds interesting! What do you plan to do with it?

Make tools and axes, eventually graduating to patterned metal (I would love to make a patterned metal hatchet head, but that's a ways down the road). I've got a 24# slab of hard steel, hammers, fuel, a tuyere and blower, a wooden firebox, pretty much just need to secure some clay to finish the firebox, buy some tongs and stock, and fire it up. If I find I enjoy it (pretty sure I will, I very much loved working with copper and brass) I'll invest in a proper anvil and build a permanent brick and metal firebox in the backyard.

Edited by regex

2 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Where you get your materials?

There's a steel company in town and a farrier supply house about an hour outside of town where I can buy fuel. Found my hammers at thrift stores and put new handles on them, built the tuyere out of a blower I found at a reuse center and some non-galvanized pipe from the hardware store, firebox is all wood from the hardware store and a few fireplace bricks to reinforce the hot spot (truthfully I could just dig a hole in the ground but fuel management would be a pain). Pretty cheap all told, I've spent maybe $200 USD on the outside.

1 hour ago, munlander1 said:

What do you have?

I dunno. Food poisoning, accidental ingestion of @CatastrophicFailure's patented hull sealant, stomach flu...anyone's guess, really.

How big is it?

60" on the diagonal, a little over a square meter in area. Focuses about a kilowatt onto an arbitrarily small area.

Cool, could you describe some of your novels?

The Children between worlds: A primitive medieval civilization, an early space faring civilization, two Moons, two civilizations, what would happen if they made contact?

Infinitum: Over 300 years from now, the crew of the Infinitum travels through a Wormhole to create a new life for themselves but find themselves in the middle of an Interstellar conflict between three powerful Alien civilizations trying to lead a galactic alliance in the Large Magellanic Cloud.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.