Deorbit a vessel using the RCS pack on a kerbal

Push a vessel out of orbit using a kerbal on Eva. 

The infinite propellent cheat is allowed.

The biggest craft pushed out of the highest orbit wins the challenge.

Also try to survive re-entry and the crash. (The kerbal, not the ship)

Submit your attempt, vessel part count/weight, orbit height, and proof in the comments below.

Edited by RavenpawKSP
Not enough info

Getting out and pushing isn't so much a challenge as a thing everyone does at some point or another, for some reason or another, just as part of space program ops. Everyone does it at some point for some reason just as part of normal space program operations. So, sorry, but this isn't a particularly good challenge.

11 hours ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

No that's where it gets easier becaus

9 hours ago, FCISuperGuy said:

11 hours ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

No that's where it gets easier because you have so little orbital velocity.

It's harder because you have to push for a very long time to close the gap between your craft and kerbin.

@RavenpawKSP : one of the motivations for the forum rule that the opening post of the challenge should contain a demonstration from the challenger, is so that you can find out how the challenge works for yourself, gently, before half the forum chimes in to explain how you're wrong. Like so ...

2 hours ago, RavenpawKSP said:

It's harder because you have to push for a very long time to close the gap between your craft and kerbin.

If you're finding this, it's because you're pushing in the wrong direction. Don't worry, you're in good company - NASA didn't realize this on their first attempt with Gemini IV. The common sense rules for orbital mechanics are not the same as the common sense rules for everyday life on the planet's surface:

• Forward takes you out;
  • Out takes you back;
  • Back takes you in;
  • In takes you forward.

To move the orbit inward, push back at the highest place in the current orbit.

Welcome to space, which is hardTM, and to KSP where fun is learning. Have fun!

21 minutes ago, CSE said:

@RavenpawKSP : one of the motivations for the forum rule that the opening post of the challenge should contain a demonstration from the challenger, is so that you can find out how the challenge works for yourself, gently, before half the forum chimes in to explain how you're wrong. Like so ...

If you're finding this, it's because you're pushing in the wrong direction. Don't worry, you're in good company - NASA didn't realize this on their first attempt with Gemini IV. The common sense rules for orbital mechanics are not the same as the common sense rules for everyday life on the planet's surface:

• Forward takes you out;
  • Out takes you back;
  • Back takes you in;
  • In takes you forward.

To move the orbit inward, push back at the highest place in the current orbit.

Welcome to space, which is hardTM, and to KSP where fun is learning. Have fun!

I know about the pushing directions, since I have been playing KSP for a year and have done research since long before then.

I deobited a MIG 15 I built (see my comment in my space plane to orbit with only air breathing engines post) by pushing against the side of the aircraft which was pointing prograde to get a retrograde effect.

Just ask Jebediah

Edited by RavenpawKSP
More info needed

• 1 month later...

Nearly all of my rescue-missions from LKO work this way. The spacecraft usually doesn't even have enough delta v to make the rendezvous, it's just enough for the intercept, the rest must be done by the Kerbal on EVA

Edited by Physics Student

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.