[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

13 hours ago, Im_M said:

Does this new update fix the issue with shells over penetrating? Makes tanks and armor kinda pointless if everything goes through, regardless of AoA, and touches the squishy insides.

At the moment there are no parts that provide 'armor', however this is being worked on ... please stand by

5 minutes ago, SpaceToad said:

Anyone having an issue with the particle effects from flares and stuff following the aircraft?

This is a known issue: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/74 ... it is recommended that you set aero effects to the lowest setting when using BDAc, for the time being, in order to circumvent this bug

RE armor there are for evaluation purposes armor plates available in SM Armory, next update for SM Marine will include ship armor, and the new SM AFV''s will also have suitable armor including cage type for tanks and armored vehicles. Id be happy to produce some for BDA , for evaluation purposes.

ijeiWrA.jpg

14 hours ago, Im_M said:

Does this new update fix the issue with shells over penetrating? Makes tanks and armor kinda pointless if everything goes through, regardless of AoA, and touches the squishy insides.

Just spam structural plates, strut, and hope for the best.

4 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

@Im_M @DarkOwl57 SM Armory armor plates work great, nothing penetrates. 

Thats good for me to know as well, you'll also be glad to know that there'll be some angled and new size plates with correct symmetry in the next update, which will make building hulls and the like much easier.

Hi, I have KSP 1.2.2 and BDA mod, the mod has a bug which I dont know if its only me or is it something usual, I downloaded the latest version of BDA which relisted 4 days ago.When I fly blow certain altitude every thing works as well but as pass that explosions and flares, basically any animation related to BDA starts glitching. When I pass that altitude and shoot down from a gunship or a plane, the bullets or shells explosions seem to move in same direction as I'm going.I moved out other modes to check for any mode conflicts but it still same.I have latest version of "Modulemanager".

5 hours ago, Sep said:
the mod has a bug

This -> https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/74

I'll also just leave this relevant quote here as well.

On 15/01/2017 at 1:16 AM, DoctorDavinci said:

If you think you have come across a gremlin or a bug with BDAc or any of the mods we maintain, feel free to post here, however we ask that you also take a look at the issues list on Github to see if your problem has been addressed.

8 hours ago, Sep said:
Hi, I have KSP 1.2.2 and BDA mod, the mod has a bug which I dont know if its only me or is it something usual, I downloaded the latest version of BDA which relisted 4 days ago.When I fly blow certain altitude every thing works as well but as pass that explosions and flares, basically any animation related to BDA starts glitching. When I pass that altitude and shoot down from a gunship or a plane, the bullets or shells explosions seem to move in same direction as I'm going.I moved out other modes to check for any mode conflicts but it still same.I have latest version of "Modulemanager".

Provide steps for recreation and the craft involved as well, please.

12 hours ago, Sep said:

This is a known issue. At the moment there is no fix for it. 

25 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Been doing night battles since KSP v1.0.5 :wink:

Its just not the same as with absolutely no ambient lighting :) night battles may have been a thing, but trust me, with the new ambient light thing we can actually simulate real nighttime, and not that super overly bright crap the stock game provides (and the old ambient light adjustment mod did exist, but it looked like trash with ambient lighting set to excessively low)...

I've got a couple turrets that aim too low or too high in guard mode and manual aiming mode. Specifically Spanner's 105mm Single Turret (aims high) and NED's Challenger II turret (aims low). Is there anyway I would be able to edit where they aim using NP++ and messing with the .cfg? I have a basic understanding of what most everything does in the file and I've messed with them a whole lot but I don't know how to fix this issue. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

10 hours ago, Im_M said:

I've got a couple turrets that aim too low or too high in guard mode and manual aiming mode. Specifically Spanner's 105mm Single Turret (aims high) and NED's Challenger II turret (aims low). Is there anyway I would be able to edit where they aim using NP++ and messing with the .cfg? I have a basic understanding of what most everything does in the file and I've messed with them a whole lot but I don't know how to fix this issue. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Well you could actually mention it in the relevant threads and I can investigate whats going on, there is nothing you can do in the cfg to change the aim point, the aim point is derives from the fire transform, though I'm at a loss as to what could cause them to aim incorrectly,

If it remains unreported , as it has for so long, niether turret is new and yet nobody has mentioned it EVER! then it's unlikely to be fixed

2 hours ago, CDough8 said:

I was setting up some SAM sites and I wanted them to fire 10km but when I pressed ALT-B to change the physics range the only option was to change the competition distance. Any help?

Might I suggest reading the release notes posted in the OP of this thread to get up to speed with the changes that have been implemented in BDAc v0.2.0.0

With that being said .... In response to your inquiry, please read the following excerpt from the release notes I mention above which answers your question:

• Physics range field and logic has been removed:
    BDArmory now integrates a new mod called PhysicsRangeExtender. https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender
    Now the physics range has been extended to almost 200 km.
    However, be careful with landed vessels. Even if the vessel still loaded it could be possible that the terrain beneath it's not there anymore.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to ask :)

Experiencing a bug with the Jernas Missile Mount. Selecting a weapon activates track to cursor, but selecting none from the weapon list doesn't reset weapons to their original position, rather they continue to track the cursor. I test the vulcan turret, no issues, reset to original position on deselection.

Edited by Tazius

50 minutes ago, CDough8 said:

I know I am asking a lot but I am just confused on how to increase the guard visual range to 10km. I have seen videos where the range of the guard mode is 10km. My guard mode is defaulted to 5km

Look in the BD armory mod folder (the one in Game Data) and open the settings.cfg, there should be option "max guard visual range". Just change that to whatever range you want.