DoctorDavinci

[1.2.2] BDArmory Continued v0.2.1.0 [4/14/2017] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

335 posts in this topic

did a fresh install of the game, and only installed bdac; the guns still don't fire. do I need the weapon manager or something?

8 minutes ago, mr. engino said:

did a fresh install of the game, and only installed bdac; the guns still don't fire. do I need the weapon manager or something?

Yes, a weapons manager is required in order for your weapons to work

Consult the in game BDPedia (KSPedia) for detailed information concerning the operation of BDAc 

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Yes, a weapons manager is required in order for your weapons to work

Consult the in game BDPedia (KSPedia) for detailed information concerning the operation of BDAc 

well that explains everything :blush:

1 person likes this

Has anyone been successful in making a missile that operates in orbit? I've been trying all day to get a working one built, but I haven't had any luck firing from ship to ship in orbit.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Im_M said:

Has anyone been successful in making a missile that operates in orbit? I've been trying all day to get a working one built, but I haven't had any luck firing from ship to ship in orbit.

I did try once using Modular Missile but the guidance was not very accurate. I was not very surprised because I know that BDArmory was designed mainly for sub-orbital scenarios 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Im_M said:

The HEKV(?) used to be said missile. But it's been broken for ages... I'd bet the TOW missile might work because it seems like it functions almost the same way. (Just maybe a bit more manual)

Don't take my word for it tho. I have no idea if it'd work in vac

Edited by stickman939

Is there a way of shutting off the heat-damage aspect of the explosives?

I understand that parts are heated by the weapons to destroy them, but I want a craft to get scattered all over the place from an explosion. With enough force, connections can be broken/nullified. Just wondering, since the old Lazor mods and missiles did something similar, but has been broken for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Core said:

I understand that parts are heated by the weapons to destroy them

There is a kinetic element present in the shell impact it's not only heating.

4 minutes ago, Core said:

but I want a craft to get scattered all over the place from an explosion

I'm currently looking at the results of a mod test scenario  and there are over 200 bits of debris scattered in a 10km radius of KSC  So plenty of stuff has been displaced due to explosive force and kinetic impact , ranging from tank turrets to tail fins and everything in between,   More parts in a ship = more debris,  but i hate the clearing up, so the fewer parts left the better if you ask me.

7 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm currently looking at the results of a mod test scenario  and there are over 200 bits of debris scattered in a 10km radius of KSC  So plenty of stuff has been displaced due to explosive force and kinetic impact , ranging from tank turrets to tail fins and everything in between,   More parts in a ship = more debris,  but i hate the clearing up, so the fewer parts left the better if you ask me.

True.

Cleaning all those parts is a pain.

For quick and easy cleanup, I've decided on trying to use the North Kerbin Dynamics mod. But according to field tests, the Tsar Bomba is not quite that effective in blast radius or part destruction. 

A question does the bdac know how to fire mortars?