[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Hi all BDArmory users.

I'm glad to announce that we have finally released a new and awesome version of BDArmory! (and also a pre-release version for KSP 1.2.9)

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases

Please read the changelog carefully, some big changes have been done.

v0.2.0.0
= New features=

• Modular Missile Guidance:
    A full rewrite of this part has been done. Now you can build your own missiles, define all its parameters,
    even its name. And it will be used by the AI as if it was a stock BDArmory missile!

If you want to know more about this new feature, you can download a custom part pack for procedural missiles:
    https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts
    And read this wiki
    https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts/wiki/1.-Building-your-first-Modular-Missile

• Proximity Fuse for Missiles:
    A new field called "detonation distance override" has been added to missiles.
    0 by default means that it will detonate within is normal explosive radius (eg: 20 meters for AIM-120)

• Small High Explosive Warhead can now be re scaled with TweakScale. Git issue #106

= Changes =

• BDALoadedVesselSwitcher has been integrated into BDArmory, it will not be a separate mod anymore.
    Please delete it before installing this version.
  • Physics range field and logic has been removed:
    BDArmory now integrates a new mod called PhysicsRangeExtender. https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender
    Now the physics range has been extended to almost 200 km.
    However, be careful with landed vessels. Even if the vessel still loaded it could be possible that the terrain beneath it's not there anymore.

= Fixes =

• Game crashes when adjusting the Rotary Bomb Rack. Git Issue #76.
  • Missile vs Missile Accuracy. Git Issue #82
  • Bomb aiming reticle not working. Git Issue #92.
  • Cluster bomb explode on load. Git Issue #151

= Known issues =

• Problem with display of trajectories/smoke of missiles. Git Issue #74

Well the BDA tab doesn't appear, I reinstalled it with not luck.

I'll stick with 1.2.2 for now.

Sorry for the constant chatting.

48 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Sorry for the constant chatting.

There's no problem with your posts, especially since BDAc v0.2.0.0 was released today ... If you or anyone come across issues feel free to post in this thread, however we ask that you open an issue on Github if it appears that it is a bug (Issues Link: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues)

On another note, here's a video that shows some of what you can do with the physics extender that @jrodriguez came up with ... Competition mode between the Island Airport and the KSC anyone?

:cool:

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all BDArmory users.

I'm glad to announce that we have finally released a new and awesome version of BDArmory! (and also a pre-release version for KSP 1.2.9)

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases

Please read the changelog carefully, some big changes have been done.

Wow! Great work guys!

2 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

@jrodriguez How do you prevent a landed vessel from self destructing and going under the terrain?

If you are using BDA v.2.0.0 you are probaly using the physics range extention.

Note what it says in the github update:

PhysicsRangeExtender. https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender
Now the physics range has been extended to almost 200 km.
However, be careful with landed vessels. Even if the vessel still loaded it could be possible that the terrain beneath it's not there anymore.

AND as I've been sitting on this for weeks I can show you a little gif illustrating another feature of the new BDA , titled 25km gunfight, between two LBP Lizzy class ships 1 just off KSC and the other in  KSC Island harbor 22KM away , so well over the game horizon, both ships are using WW2 spec guns so the shell spread is range accurate. I defy anyone to stand as a kerbal on the deck of a ship and watch the approaching shells and not feel slightly nervous

N5uKuHf.gif

39 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

@jrodriguez How do you prevent a landed vessel from self destructing and going under the terrain?

32 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

@Murican_Jeb What I meant was; is there any way to prevent landed vessels from going under the terrain by perhaps lowering the physics range to 100km etc. 

So I tested this a fair bit and it appears that the reliable load distance limit is around 20Km or so between craft that are 'landed' although there has been reports of 30Km distances without a RUD between craft that are 'splashed down' ... I'm not sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that the distance that KSP has for loading terrain is round abouts a 20Km radius

There is one caveat to this which is between the KSC and the Island Airport. It appears that the KSC runway and the Island Airport runway stay loaded in memory or load at the same time as the craft loads when switching between crafts at distances over 20Km

Evidence of this can be replicated by using Vessel Mover to place a craft at the Island Airport, loading another craft on the KSC runway then switching to the other craft at the Island and watching how the ground spawns a fraction of a second slower than the craft and runway

Anyways, hope this gives you some insight into the terrain loading issue

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I dont care know if pics are not allowed but:                                    A  heatseeker missle loosely based on the Aim-9.

4A63C0EF7F1E8CB5E6AEEAAF8544FF340C184C85 (1280×1024)

7 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I dont care know if pics are not allowed but:                                    A  heatseeker missle loosely based on the Aim-9.

I know they're pretty damn cool, feel free to splash the pics

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

BUG REPORT INCOMING!!!

It's about the modular missle parts and how I spawn.

So when I try to fire my missle, it decouples, but it doesn't activate the thruster. The only solution is to launch the missle and switch to it, then activate the booster manually.

I also noticed that when I spawn, I'm about 2 or 3 meters off the runway. Luckily, the drop is small enough that the craft I lauch doesn't get destroyed.

I'm pinging @jrodriguez because he was the one that made the missles so he should be able to solve the missle problem.

Edited by Murican_Jeb
Extra bug :(

4 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

BUG REPORT INCOMING!!!

It's about the modular missle parts and how I spawn.

So when I try to fire my missle, it decouples, but it doesn't activate the thruster. The only solution is to launch the missle and switch to it, then activate the booster manually.

I also noticed that when I spawn, I'm about 2 or 3 meters off the runway. Luckily, the drop is small enough that the craft I lauch doesn't get destroyed.

I'm pinging @jrodriguez because he was the one that made the missles so he should be able to solve the missle problem.

Thanks, please can you report the issue on my github issues section  for this part pack. I would need your craft file and KSP.log 

5 hours ago, Wolf123 said:

@Murican_Jeb What I meant was; is there any way to prevent landed vessels from going under the terrain by perhaps lowering the physics range to 100km etc. 

I want to make it configurable for the next version . At the moment the workaround is to place your landed vessel over statics objects as KSC, runway, etc or using Kerbal Konstructs

@jrodriguez

Well...

Errmmm.... :blush:

I kinda....   reinstalled ksp....

I could install the procedural misssles, idk if the spawning bug will come back though.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

One interesting bug I found while combat testing my Destroyer vs my Battleship; Apparently the M1 Abrams turret has the floatation properties of a pre-1.0 air intake. That thing went about 500 meters up in the air before I shot it down with a missile.

2 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

One interesting bug I found while combat testing my Destroyer vs my Battleship; Apparently the M1 Abrams turret has the floatation properties of a pre-1.0 air intake. That thing went about 500 meters up in the air before I shot it down with a missile.

Thats probaly because the M1 Abrams Turret is made for land stuff.

You could install NAS (Naval Altilery System) The turrets are pretty stable.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

Just now, Murican_Jeb said:

Thats probaly because the M1 Abrams Turret is made for land stuff.

You could install NAS (Naval Altilery System) The turrets are pretty stable.

naw; it was funny. I love seeing this massive thing look like a majestic whale coming out of the depths of the- wait when did I turn into a poet?

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

HI, it's a problem everywhere, unless a weapon is specifically cfg'd with a negative buoyancy value they will float,  and not zero either as that just makes them neutrally buoyant . It was a major hinderance in developing HullBreach ,  and since then,  as a a rule anything i make that  is not a boat or a flotation device is cfg'd to minus values. The plus side is if you use hullbreach a lot of things are patched to destruct at 200 mtrs, so no cleaning up either.

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, it's a problem everywhere, unless a weapon is specifically cfg'd with a negative buoyancy value they will float,  and not zero either as that just makes them neutrally buoyant . It was a major hinderance in developing HullBreach ,  and since then,  as a a rule anything i make that  is not a boat or a flotation device is cfg'd to minus values. The plus side is if you use hullbreach a lot of things are patched to destruct at 200 mtrs, so no cleaning up either.

uh uhm... uhbudubububububuuuuuuuhhh...... I'm not a programmer so I've got no clue what's going on here XD

10 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

naw; it was funny. I love seeing this massive thing look like a majestic whale coming out of the depths of the- wait when did I turn into a poet?

When you started making stories :wink: