[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, toric5 said:

is there any bd armooury pack that foucuses on space based weapons platforms? railguns, coilguns, realistic lasers, or space optimized missiles?

You play CoaDE? 

7 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Fair enough, a valid point I s'pose, I'll think on it a bit

Hey, look those photo.I meet a big BUG

On 2017/1/29 at 2:54 PM, BF2_Pilot said:

Is it all right?

m4QgS4t.png

zWnYIuH.png

C5MqgoR.png

Lm3XffT.png

And could you tell me what is wrong with it?

jg1ms6G.jpg

6EQlRfQ.jpg

@SpannerMonkey(smce)  

5 hours ago, BF2_Pilot said:

Hey, look those photo.I meet a big BUG

We have a known issue regarding the particles effects. I also suggest to disable the Aero FX when playing BDArmory to avoid a huge performance hit while using missiles.

5 hours ago, dr.gunden said:

Hi the version of the Old School turrets mod you are using is not yet fully set up to use the Armor penetration system,  a new overhauled version will be available shortly

On 2017/1/30 at 10:33 PM, jrodriguez said:

We have a known issue regarding the particles effects. I also suggest to disable the Aero FX when playing BDArmory to avoid a huge performance hit while using missiles.

Ok.I hope you will fix the bug soon.

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

So Red Vs Blue got updated/continued recently by @TMasterson5. However the bomb bays don't open when it is set in guard mode. How would I go about making the bays open when in guard mode?

By me figuring out how to make cargo bays according to the stock cfg way of id'ing something as a cargo bay. 

2 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

So Red Vs Blue got updated/continued recently by @TMasterson5. However the bomb bays don't open when it is set in guard mode. How would I go about making the bays open when in guard mode?

Even though you received an answer, might I suggest when inquiring about a mod that you take it to that mods thread

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Even though you received an answer, might I suggest when inquiring about a mod that you take it to that mods thread

I appreciate the thought but I know this guy personally it's all good person whose name I won't mention! :wink:  

And also i so I think he was asking for general advice outside of just me, which I'm open to hearing also as I have zero idea how to make cargo behaves behave properly......

15 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

I appreciate the thought but I know this guy personally it's all good person whose name I won't mention! :wink:  

And also i so I think he was asking for general advice outside of just me, which I'm open to hearing also as I have zero idea how to make cargo behaves behave properly......

My advice would be to first take a look at the part configs for all the stock bays as BDAc checks for if missiles are in cargo bays (selected in the SPH/VAB through a missiles right click menu)

If you model your part configs after the stock cargo bay configs (look for what settings are common between them) you should be able to get those bays playing nicely with BDAc since it doesn't change how the stock cargo bays work (just hooks into the stock system)

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

My advice would be to first take a look at the part configs for all the stock bays as BDAc checks for if missiles are in cargo bays (selected in the SPH/VAB through a missiles right click menu)

If you model your part configs after the stock cargo bay configs (look for what settings are common between them) you should be able to get those bays playing nicely with BDAc since it doesn't change how the stock cargo bays work (just hooks into the stock system)

Yeah Im fairly certain I have a general idea how to get them working, just havent had the time to actually test my theory yet. soon.....

11 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Yeah Im fairly certain I have a general idea how to get them working, just havent had the time to actually test my theory yet. soon.....

Keep us posted ... If your idea doesn't work then it may involve a bit of code diving to dig up specifically how BDAc is hooking into that part of the KSP system

This is just a quick question from me: Is it possible that BDAc is quite unstable with 1.2.2? I'm having a lot of crashes if I use BDAc, I also use other mods but they are stable enough so that it doesn't crash all the time. I don't know where it comes from, just that it happens. If asked I will put up all my mods for a compatibility check or something( if there is one).

thanks in advance

edit: I've done some checking myself and it seems that either the series of "the wildblueindustries" or BDAc causes the other to crash. can't say for sure since i have had problems with both.

Edited by WhiteSagettarius
adding information

7 hours ago, WhiteSagettarius said:

This is just a quick question from me: Is it possible that BDAc is quite unstable with 1.2.2? I'm having a lot of crashes if I use BDAc, I also use other mods but they are stable enough so that it doesn't crash all the time. I don't know where it comes from, just that it happens. If asked I will put up all my mods for a compatibility check or something( if there is one).

thanks in advance

edit: I've done some checking myself and it seems that either the series of "the wildblueindustries" or BDAc causes the other to crash. can't say for sure since i have had problems with both.

If you provided your crash logs and whether or not it's 64 or 32 bit, it would help. 

I personally don't know what to look for in them, apart from an out of memory error, but I imagine the guys working on BDAc definitely know what to look for.

Also, make a post in the NASA MSEV forum topic (with the crash log and ksp bit version as well).

My advice is to take all your mods and put them in a different folder (IE in the desktop in a folder), and re-add them one by one to find which mod causes the crash.
It's time consuming, yeah, but it'll definitely find your problem mod. (Well, that's been my experience anyways)

P.S. If you can provide steps for reproducing the crash that would help too.

14 hours ago, WhiteSagettarius said:

thanks in advance

A5eeK0s.jpg

A log is better than bad, it's good :wink:

Spoiler

All joking aside, I refer you to the following post where you will discover how to help us help you 

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

A5eeK0s.jpg

A log is better than bad, it's good :wink:

Reveal hidden contents

All joking aside, I refer you to the following post where you will discover how to help us help you 

thnx I followed this list and apparently it's indeed a problem with the 32 bit ksp not being able to handle the list of mods. 64 bit should work fine. Tested it with multiple times with a vehicle that crashed the 32 bit multiple times and haven't had a single crash with the 64 bit yet

I've just returned to KSP after a long hiatus and couldn't find thid mod, was worried it had been discontinued. So a bunch of threads in the Addons section were deleted?

EDIT: My god this thread is difficult to find. Searching "BDArmory" in google just yields a bunch of addons for BDA. Took me 10 minutes of searching until i realised I could see my posting history.

Edited by Hoddd9000

8 minutes ago, Hoddd9000 said:

I've just returned to KSP after a long hiatus and couldn't find thid mod, was worried it had been discontinued. So a bunch of threads in the Addons section were deleted?

Yes the software glitched and every thread on the first page of Addin Releases was permanently removed. Squad tried to bring them back but the backup system the forum uses only allows for full restores not partial ones. 

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
typo

So I just got back to playing KSP after a few months, and the mod you posted the link to is very buggy for me.

When I load up the game the parts are all there,  but all the pictures and logos are white.

It also doesnt seem to detect that the weapon manager is on the craft.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

1 hour ago, DYo12234 said:

So I just got back to playing KSP after a few months, and the mod you posted the link to is very buggy for me.

When I load up the game the parts are all there,  but all the pictures and logos are white.

It also doesnt seem to detect that the weapon manager is on the craft.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

I refer you to the following thread:

However, from what you describe it sounds like you are using the wrong version of the mod for the version of KSP you are running

I recommend updating KSP to v1.2.2 and using the latest version of BDAc

Please note that versions prior to BDAc v0.11.1.6 are no longer supported ... This means that only the most recent version of BDAc is supported as of the date of this post

Good evening all,

I have been having the same problem as DYo12234, and and am seeking advice.  I have done four hard resets and as far as i can tell this is an issue with the mod itself and not an conflict with another mod. 

Vs. 1.2.2 / 64bit

Prob. Bdarmory weapon manager is non functional, and only some of the weapons work[ mainly missiles, though most only give a jettison option] as well, toolbar button is white and non functional.

MDs/Ins.  BDArmory Vs. 0.11.1.6

*Not sure how to give a log, or link steam screenshots of issue in question.

Progressively,

TheAshenHat