[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

9 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

I'm using BDAc v0.2.1.0 on KSP 1.2.0, and the Radar Warning Receiver has no graphical display. The noises still occur. Is it due to to the version of BDAc? If so, what version would I have to install? I really dont want to go below 0.2.0.0, due to the aiming recticle appearing directly under aircraft issue.

Hi, if the forum hadn't eaten the original BDAc I could check, old age you know etc etc, anyway IIRC  1.20 was the version with shader troubles.

Pre 1.2 versions will not work on 1.2 due to code changes in KSP1.2  and post 1.2 versions have changed things in such ways that  0.1.2.2 is not going to work correctly on 1.2

In an ideal world you'd use v0.11.1.4 which was compiled for ksp 1.20 but even that's not perfect, as all the required fixes for shaders had yet to be assembled. 

Be warned that even if it appears to work,  using a version of BDAc not compiled for a particular version of KSP will spam your log with code related errors and diminish the performance of the game and provide a less than representative example of BDAc's awesome functions

Just now, dundun92 said:

Which version should i use then?

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

In an ideal world you'd use v0.11.1.4 which was compiled for ksp 1.20 but even that's not perfect, as all the required fixes for shaders had yet to be assembled. 

As far as you know, will this affect the HARM missiles if i keep the the version of BDAc i have?(v0.2.1.0)

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

As far as you know, will this affect the HARM missiles if i keep the the version of BDAc i have?(v0.2.1.0)

7 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Be warned that even if it appears to work,  using a version of BDAc not compiled for a particular version of KSP will spam your log with code related errors and diminish the performance of the game and provide a less than representative example of BDAc's awesome functions

On 5/1/2017 at 10:19 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

What you have failed to mention here is that you are using KSP 1.02 and the BDA for 1.05. 

AS mentioned in the problems thread supporting such old versions is not possible as the code base has changed dramatically since that version in both BDA and KSP. As suggested there create an updated install and use the latest BDA for best performance and most importantly full rather than NO support.

Welp I gotta say goodbye to the Original KW for the sake of BDA and does anyone know what happened to the hosting site?

On 5/2/2017 at 9:06 AM, Lilttlekerbal99 said:

does anyone know what happened to the hosting site?

It was a site that was run by one person, on his dime, who eventually decided to stop running it, for various reasons.

There's a new site, http://www.spacedock.info, which is based on the same software (and therefore looks/works basically the same, just with some minor restyling), but run by a different set of folks.

Very old mods that were hosted only on the previous site, and which haven't made a point of re-hosting themselves on the SpaceDock replacement, may therefore be unavailable.  This generally happens only with "dead" mods, though-- mods that are actively supported will have found some new hosting solution by now, since the switch-over was more than a year ago.

1 hour ago, Lilttlekerbal99 said:

gotta say goodbye to the Original KW for the sake of BDA

Nope not really, it's very easy and trouble free creating as many installs of KSP as you want,  Many of us run multiple installs, with various combinations of mods, as no one install can have ALL the best mods, there's so many. 

It's also very handy come update time as you can keep a constantly working version while you wait for mods top update. Go for a multiple installs, and keep all your long time favourite mods.

On 5/2/2017 at 9:06 AM, Lilttlekerbal99 said:

does anyone know what happened to the hosting site?

It's dead. But if you want to peruse the old mods, I have a link from the KS site (after it shut down) to all the mods that were on it here. (P.S. the original link to it is no longer available, this is the file I dl'd tho) 

Most, if not all, of the mods probably won't work with the latest version of the game.

I also don't remember what version the game was before KS went down. :0.0:

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Nope not really, it's very easy and trouble free creating as many installs of KSP as you want,  Many of us run multiple installs, with various combinations of mods, as no one install can have ALL the best mods, there's so many. 

It's also very handy come update time as you can keep a constantly working version while you wait for mods top update. Go for a multiple installs, and keep all your long time favourite mods.

thx for the tip bro

Probably not because the missiles are not manoeverible  and are not supposed to attack small fast targets

And the radar to exactly power full adding to that

6 hours ago, Lilttlekerbal99 said:

And I have a question,

Will an Anti-Radiation missile can lock on and kill airplanes that is tracking you with their radars? Like head-on engagement

Hi generally in that situation the AI will use guns,  given that head on engagements, like for example a dogfight using the default BD AI competition mode setting (8km) will be very close and closing range,  and very likely well within the minimum firing range of most missiles.

Missiles have a minimum fire range because almost all go through several stages after launch, from drop , boost  staging to radar guidance then finally in the case of active guidance missiles to internal seeker( that's not exact of course because we're dealing with code controlled features not real tech).  Within this range there's not enough time for the missile to fully perform all these functions, so the likelihood of a kill is minimal.   The AI is quite smart sometimes and generally if it chooses X weap over Y weap then it's calculated that the best chance of a hit using X weap. 

Come to think of it has any player ever actually beaten the AI in a dogfight? Using matched aircraft I doubt it's possible, so let the AI choose the best way to go, he's a better fighter pilot than we can ever hope to be

6 hours ago, Skyer said:

Probably not because the missiles are not manoeverible  and are not supposed to attack small fast targets

That's not quite true, they can be very maneuverable,  don't forget all the missiles in BDAc are getting quite old now.  I've started investigating  and modelling the raft of new missile variants, and without exception they're considerably more effective than 20 or 30 year old designs . 

With the correct mass  boost, thrust and tuning in the cfg, Anti missile missiles are very effective and getting close to and occasionally surpassing  the hit probability that is expected from a modern interception missile system and in pure anti aircraft mode are lethal.  To quote one of my testers " they're lethal to anything they get a lock on and relentless in pursuit"  It's quite amusing to watch the AI desperately  trying to escape when it's run out of CM's. Turning an running is a bad idea when the thing chasing you can exceed Mach3 :lol:
~~

31 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Come to think of it has any player ever actually beaten the AI in a dogfight? Using matched aircraft I doubt it's possible, so let the AI choose the best way to go, he's a better fighter pilot than we can ever hope to be

i had actualy done in a couple times in 1.0.5 or 1.1.x i dont remember witch but i remember beating it (i used my joystick) while using the same aircraft

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi generally in that situation the AI will use guns,  given that head on engagements, like for example a dogfight using the default BD AI competition mode setting (8km) will be very close and closing range,  and very likely well within the minimum firing range of most missiles.

Missiles have a minimum fire range because almost all go through several stages after launch, from drop , boost  staging to radar guidance then finally in the case of active guidance missiles to internal seeker( that's not exact of course because we're dealing with code controlled features not real tech).  Within this range there's not enough time for the missile to fully perform all these functions, so the likelihood of a kill is minimal.   The AI is quite smart sometimes and generally if it chooses X weap over Y weap then it's calculated that the best chance of a hit using X weap. 

I have multiple times. With identical aircraft, I can beat them. If i have a less maneuvrable aircraft, i can avoid being hit. In a WW2 style dogfight, me, and my other AI pilot beat 3 faster aircraft. Its on my youtube channel here.

And it was all without a joystick.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The AI might be a computer, but it's not all that smart. In identical craft, I know the exact limitations of it and can exploit that. Computers can't.(yet)

4 hours ago, stickman939 said:

The AI might be a computer, but it's not all that smart. In identical craft, I know the exact limitations of it and can exploit that. Computers can't.(yet)

He is correct on that because the facts are you built the craft and no there is that to he is correct on that because the  The limitations cannot be found by the AI

Well in that case chaps I stand corrected, its is indeed possible to beat the AI in a dogfight ,  but then it's been many years since my reaction times were faster than an oak tree:lol:.   It's a given of course that the AI has limitations and stupid things like the roll to turn 2 degrees are easily exploitable I suppose

PSA

I'm seeing a lot of bug reports from players installing the wrong version for their KSP install, both here and on steam. SO I'm re-posting the links for the current versions as some players seem to have a mental block when it comes to checking the first post :P

KSP 1.22 ONLY https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v0.2.1.0/BDArmory.0.2.1.0_04132017.zip

KSP !.29 ONLY this is a test version only and as such should only be used for testing NOT in a serious save game  https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v.2.0.0-KSPv1.2.9/BDArmory.0.2.0.0_03272017_PreReleaseKSP1.2.9.zip

All BDAc releases (since dev change)  can be found here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases

All Physics range extender releases can be found here https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases

I'm having a lot of issues. I'm running 1.2.2, before you ask.

Firstly, all of the bullet textures are not working. They're all pink.

Secondly, the targeting pods do not work. They just show pink on the screen, and do not do anything else.

Thirdly, all radars are broken. They don't show anything on them, and you can't lock on to anything.

The AI pilot is also not working too well. They sometimes won't attack ground targets.

I have the most recent version. I don't know what could be going on.

6 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

I'm having a lot of issues. I'm running 1.2.2, before you ask.

Firstly, all of the bullet textures are not working. They're all pink.

Secondly, the targeting pods do not work. They just show pink on the screen, and do not do anything else.

Thirdly, all radars are broken. They don't show anything on them, and you can't lock on to anything.

The AI pilot is also not working too well. They sometimes won't attack ground targets.

Are you using the latest release? https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v0.2.1.0

8 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Hi do you have the version as linked in post above yours, as it very much sounds like you are running the version with the shader troubles from 1.13.

If indeed you do have the correct  version and it is installed correctly and no folders have been removed or deleted from the mod can you provide a zipped copy of your KSP.log, no other logs will be needed or are useful

Ninja :) 'd by JR

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

8 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

I have the most recent version. 

Sí. I know it's the most recent one because I just downloaded it, thinking it would solve the problem, yet it didn't.

I don't know if it's conflicting with other mods or what.

I also have North Kerbin Weaponry, if that makes any difference.

Edited by Raptor22