[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

17 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Also, by lobbing shells I was talking about having a very high angle on the gun and having it go up in the air, make a sharp arc, then go down.

I believe that the video below, in stock 1.22 BDA qualifies perfectly , and illustrates high arc nicely

Spoiler

It seems like every AA system i make always misses it's target (Except CWIS). Not too sure why. All of the AA missiles fire at the same range no matter what i set them to, and they never seem to hit their target. Not even the laser system is working. Not sure if its the game or me.

Alright, so I have another question.

Is there any way to change what weapon the guard mode will use? For some reason here's the order of effectiveness that this thing comes up with when faced with an aircraft or a missile:

1. 46cm naval gun

2. 20.3cm naval gun

3. 14'/45 naval gun

4. 16" naval gun

5. Millenium

6. Goalkeepr CIWS

(BTW those naval guns are from mods like SM armory and NAS)

So every time my battleship gets destroyed because the incompetent guard menu decides that a 46cm naval gun is a great thing to use against aircraft (it doesn't even have a canister round, and even if it did it can't train that high!)

It's getting really infuriating since it's pretty much impossible to shoot down missiles manually, and pretty darn hard to hit aircraft too.

Is there any work-around?

If not, could you please incorporate some feature to decide which weapons are used on which targets? 

I could only get the CIWS to fire after expending the ammunition of all the other weapons. Yet, as soon as I restock, it goes back to trying to use a massive naval gun against an aircraft.

Edited by Raptor22
Shortening things.

11 hours ago, tyman_2001 said:

Not sure if its the game or me.

Hi without a log all i can tell you is that your problem is not due to an BDA bug, do you fully understand how to use all the systems?  I have to ask as my AA systems are lethal to anything targeted.

Just now, Aleksey Pschenichnikov said:

will it ever be updated to ksp 1.3?

Bit early to be hassling dontcha think

5 minutes ago, Aleksey Pschenichnikov said:

Of course, but now that you have asked the release date will be delayed 1 day.

Edited by jrodriguez

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi without a log all i can tell you is that your problem is not due to an BDA bug, do you fully understand how to use all the systems?  I have to ask as my AA systems are lethal to anything targeted.

I have muiltiple patriot systems set up and everytime a cruise missile is fired at KSC, it will lock on and fire a PAC-3 missile when its too late and about to hit a building. I dont undertsand some of the features in guard mode. Is there a way i can tell it to fire at a target much earlier?

26 minutes ago, tyman_2001 said:

Is there a way i can tell it to fire at a target much earlier?

The system is setup to fire as soon as the radar has a lock, radar is line of sight, so it can be obstructed by buildings and terrain.  Does you setup allow for unobstructed field of view for the radar?  

In the BD weapon manger gui window set guard mode visual range to maximum. this setting will require that the cruise launcher is outside the maximum guard view range.

Edit for the best performance do not set up combat scenarios with small ranges,  all BDA systems take time to respond and run through a procedure on detection of enemy, it is more than possible to render missiles etc ineffective simply by not giving the system time  to react. There is a Baha  radar  usage video which demonstrates this effect well

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The system is setup to fire as soon as the radar has a lock, radar is line of sight, so it can be obstructed by buildings and terrain.  Does you setup allow for unobstructed field of view for the radar?  

In the BD weapon manger gui window set guard mode visual range to maximum. this setting will require that the cruise launcher is outside the maximum guard view range.

yes it is setup correctly. There are no buildings in the way and the visual range is set at maximum. My visual range maximum is 5,000m but the missiles dont fire until around 2000m. Can i increase the visual range with a better radar?

39 minutes ago, Aleksey Pschenichnikov said:

35 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Of course, but now that you have asked the release date will be delayed 1 day.

look like you pushed the wrong button

doVCRgL.jpg

Magnetic Planetary cannon designed to project Probes or Cargo modules into high atmosphere.

Concept Only

Can you do an cannon strong enough to launch an probe to 60 km altitude ?

Edited by Warsoul

11 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

Can you do an cannon strong enough to launch an probe to 60 km altitude ?

You cant use a cannon to launch anything except cannon shells,. what you need is a mass accelerator , and although i cant find the link I know there is a mod mass accelerator somewhere on the forum

found it

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You cant use a cannon to launch anything except cannon shells,. what you need is a mass accelerator , and although i cant find the link I know there is a mod mass accelerator somewhere on the forum

found it

Thank you i found it !

For now i'm using an really strong decoupler; it work ! But the ejection force is so high that look really crazy in part description. How i can hide that info ?

3 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

But the ejection force is so high that look really crazy in part description. How i can hide that info ?

I have to ask, does it matter?  As we're dealing  scifi here, I really don't think exceptionally high values are anything to worry about, and those  users who care about such things  will not use the mod anyway

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I wasn't inferring mass drivers didn't exist ( as thats what a railgun is in effect) , but the style of your device is clearly SciFi  as are the rest of your models, they're certainly not RO material :)

That's because the hyperloop is hidden in the ground. Only the Rail gun Nozzle appear on the surface :wink:

Edited by Warsoul

@Warsoul That will work for very specific scenarios. 

The last video is a video I have seen dozens of times, it is using a full metallic bullet with a small fairing.

But we are talking about sending a probe into orbit.....that it is a complete different story. You will need a massive vacuum cannon (maybe several thousand meters long) and the main problem is that as soon as the probe  will be out of the vaccum at match ¿25?  you will be facing dramatic aero forces equivalent to the one a meteor suffers when is fighting with the atmosphere.

Conclusion:  I think the probe will be disintegrated  in few seconds.

That's why you project massive ceramic spheres with a probe inside. Because an perfect spherical non adherent asteroid last longer than an imperfect one :wink:

Edited by Warsoul

Just now, Warsoul said:

That's why you project massive ceramic spheres with a probe inside.

It is pretty much like shooting a sniper rifle against a swimming pool. The bullet never go through and the faster the bullets travel the less effective it is :)

Just now, jrodriguez said:

It is pretty much like shooting a sniper rifle against a swimming pool. The bullet never go through and the faster the bullets travel the less effective it is :)

You are right ! But this isn't water. For now we can reach 8,600 km/h ( 2389 m/s) with a 3.2 kg projectile. Enough to send an I-phone in sub-orbit trajectory to being catch by an orbital thug. Simply with a small Railgun like this.

Imagine that railgun scaled by 10.

maxresdefault.jpg

The US military Rail Gun program is expected to start sea trials in 2016 the worst nightmare of the Russian military may be deployed in the near future. A railgun is an electrically powered electromagnetic projectile launcher based on similar principles to the homopolar motor. A railgun comprises a pair of parallel conducting rails, along which a sliding armature is accelerated by the electromagnetic effects of a current that flows down one rail, into the armature and then back along the other rail.[2]

Railguns are being researched as a weapon with a projectile that would use neither explosives nor propellant, but rather rely on electromagnetic forces to achieve a very high kinetic energy. While current kinetic energy penetrators such as an armour-piercing fin-stabilized discarding-sabot can achieve a muzzle velocity on the order of Mach 5, railguns can potentially exceed Mach 10, and thus far exceed conventionally delivered munitions in range and destructive force, with the absence of explosives to store and handle as an additional advantage. Railguns have long existed as experimental technology but the mass, size and cost of the required power supplies have prevented railguns from becoming practical military weapons. However, in recent years, significant efforts have been made towards their development as feasible military technology. For example, in the late 2000s, the U.S. Navy tested a railgun that accelerates a 3.2 kg (7 pound) projectile to hypersonic velocities of approximately 2.4 kilometres per second (8,600 km/h), about Mach 7.[3] They gave the project the Latin motto "Velocitas Eradico", Latin for "I, [who am] speed, eradicate" (in the vernacular usage, "Speed Kills".)

1 hour ago, Warsoul said:

You are right ! But this isn't water.

At the speed that a railgun fires its projectile it may as well be water

Watch this, explains the concept being discussed here better than I could