[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

I am having trouble using the inline radome: I cannot get any targets to show up in the display no matter which way I point it. The range shown in the part details lists it as 0m, in fact, all of the radar parts as far as I can tell have ranges of 0m. Is this a problem on my end or not? I installed BDArmory for 1.3 through CKAN.

I have screenshots of testing I have done, if needed.

Edited by ProjectXMark1

8 minutes ago, ProjectXMark1 said:

I am having trouble using the inline radome: I cannot get any targets to show up in the display no matter which way I point it. The range shown in the part details lists it as 0m, in fact, all of the radar parts as far as I can tell have ranges of 0m. Is this a problem on my end or not? I installed BDArmory for 1.3 through CKAN.

Would you mind to open an issue on the github issues section? Attaching logs and steps to reproduce the problem please. 

Thanks 

hey i am also having a problem with the mod. i do not have any other weapons mods and i cant fire any weapons for some reason. i posted the issue to github but i figured posting here might be a good idea as well.

EDIT it is working now for some reason

Edited by ashenkirana217
change in circumstance

After KSP updated to 1.3, I installed the updated BD Armory v2.1.1 version to go along with it. But having that mod in my game causes a crash to desktop with a mono.dll error.

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.4.0p4_b15b5ae035b7]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0033:37ab0e18.

Error occurred at 2017-06-01_234846.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by [Giona].
48% memory in use.
12279 MB physical memory [6282 MB free].
14264 MB paging file [6755 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8386465 MB free].
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

I'd include the logs themselves but I don't know how to attach files, I'd be happy to give them if someone told me how. The game works fine with every other up to date mod (about 17 of them) but it is only BD Armory that causes the issue.

I believe I installed it correctly: https://puu.sh/w8rI2/fa9613f82d.png

EDIT: I'm using the 64bit version of KSP. 

Edited by GionaHawkins
Extra information

2 hours ago, GionaHawkins said:

believe I installed it correctly: https://puu.sh/w8rI2/fa9613f82d.png

EDIT: I'm using the 64bit version of KSP. 

No, that is not correct.

The folder must be "bdarmory" only, not '-master'.

What did you download, looks like you grabbed the source code zip ? Please re-download the latest release zip from GitHub.

13 hours ago, ProjectXMark1 said:

The range shown in the editor (in the part details) is currently meaningless. 

All radars currently have the same range - we might change that in the future, then you'll see values other than zero.

Regardless all radars should be working in-game, if not please submit a scenario sfs and logs in a git issue, as requested by JR.

Edited by TheDog

7 hours ago, TheDog said:

No, that is not correct.

The folder must be "bdarmory" only, not '-master'.

What did you download, looks like you grabbed the source code zip ? Please re-download the latest release zip from GitHub.

I'm an idiot! The actual BD Armory folder was deep inside of the master folder lol. Problem solved.

Hi, is someone here expert for AI autopilot? I did many planes flying good with autopilot, but this plane keeps extending its AoA over limit I've set. And my plane is unstable over 17 degrees AoA and set 12.5 to autopilot, but it still gets over 15 to 17 and ... spinning into the ground.

I'Ve tried lower turning factor and limiter, but still not much better....

1 hour ago, Toonu said:

Hi, is someone here expert for AI autopilot? I did many planes flying good with autopilot, but this plane keeps extending its AoA over limit I've set. And my plane is unstable over 17 degrees AoA and set 12.5 to autopilot, but it still gets over 15 to 17 and ... spinning into the ground.

I'Ve tried lower turning factor and limiter, but still not much better....

same here

4 hours ago, riddik said:

Hello BDA team.Do you update Burn together for 1.3?

Did a few recompile Releases today:

@Toonu @dundun92 Here are some notes from Baha himself on the AI Autopilot settings

Steer factor is the amount it steers depending on the magnitude of the error.

So say a desired destination A is 10 degrees above the plane, and B is 30 degrees up.

With a low steer factor, it might do a 50% pull to steer to A, and a 100% pull to reach B (then decrease to 50% by the time B is only 10 degrees up).

With a high steer factor, it might do a 100% pull already to get to A.

Pulling hard when its not that far off might mean overshooting because you're building up angular momentum.

That's where damping comes in, as it applies steering to counteract angular momentum.

So you want to tweak and balance both steer factor and damping until you get the results you want.

It's kind of like a spring and damper system, where steer factor is the spring constant.

7 hours ago, gomker said:

Did a few recompile Releases today:

@Toonu @dundun92 Here are some notes from Baha himself on the AI Autopilot settings

You are inimitable guys!!!Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all , many of you may be wondering what happened to Bahamuto and what he's doing now, This appeared a couple of days ago  beyond amazing

Hide contents

He made that game?

I found an issue in BDA with 1.3

The bug where the particle FX would follow you is back, but the flares seem to be the WORSE in this bug:

1D68C30C1923A35CD1818F39BFC25D52DBDC3C87 (1280×1024)

So I was flying around in my Reaper Drone and I wanted to see what the flares looked like if I spammed them. So I launch the flares, and the FX follows me. But then the "orange" part of the flares suddenly jumps forward, with the smoke emmiting out of it. Then it happened again.

I'm not too worried about this bug. Since the 1.3 update doesn't add much, I can still stay on 1.2.2

21 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I found an issue in BDA with 1.3

Hi, i've just tested this  and can see no problem from either ground or air fired flares, do you have any other graphical mods/issues? Could you retest in a clean KSP with only BDA installed, ( only if other mods are installed in the KSP showing the glitch)

cheers

39 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

do you have any other graphical mods/issues?

No, I don't have any other issues

40 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Could you retest in a clean KSP with only BDA installed, ( only if other mods are installed in the KSP showing the glitch)

The only other mods I have are:

Airplane Plus

Firespitter (Including the parts pack)

Module Manager

Physics Range Extender

Hi, dev folks. 
     BDAc version 0.2.1.1_05282017 is not allowing multiple-craft takeoffs extending beyond 350 meters.  Page 2 of the BDA FAQ in the KSPedia says this is normally not a problem (and I know from past experience that it has not been in recent BDA versions) due to the BDA extension normally overruling the landed pack/unpack distance restriction.
     Since the BDA extension is currently failing in this regard, I am running into problems where I have two (or more) craft situated near to each other and try to make the craft I am *not* currently focused on take off, either by using the Wing Commander instruction or by activating Guard Mode and putting the two craft on opposing teams so they automatically attempt takeoff.  If the combined ground roll of the two craft exceeds a separation distance of 350 meters, the craft my camera is not currently focused on will come to an instantaneous halt on the terrain surface, just as if the BDA mod never existed.  Naturally, this halting extends to multiple craft if I am operating with more than two craft in the scene.  It is also a problem when I am trying to conduct a fleet takeoff and there are craft in the fleet which have substantially different accelerations from each other.
     Looking forward to a recompile that will fix this issue.  Thank you!

--Inter

Edited by Inter