[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

6 hours ago, gomker said:

Going to answer this as best I can - most of this code is from original source with some updates

• Homing Types
    • AAMPURE - is in there but not implemented - Perhaps to differentiate from Ground based Anti-Air and Air launched or a legacy targeting mode left in for compatibility 
    • AAMLead - Guidance Type "aam" and "aamlead" both map to AAMLead in code - Missiles will lead their targets which is essential to hitting moving targets - again I think this was an evolution in targeting code by Baha
    • AGMBallistic - Ballistic targeting mode, was not used much until we tested recently. Ground to Ground rockets will have a Ballistic arc trajectory
    • STS - Defined but not implemented
    • SensorFOV - Not implemented yet, there is a "lockedSensorFOV" which is set to 2.5 right now, its used in scanning and Radar targeting calculations
    • RadarLOAL - not completely sure , from the code looks like its used in Radar targeting calculations, this is one of the areas myself and @thedog are looking into 
    • OffBoreSight - yes - field of view for weapon

Thanks a lot. I'm actually trying to make few missiles for use. But that wasn't the issue. I had problem with PEW UGM-109 Tomahawk anti-ship missile, because when launched from VLS, it went just up until burnout. I had to change its type to AAM to work, because at AGM, it didn't target the other ship and just fly straight. maybe it was because boresight, but when in VLS Mk41, it is pointed up. Locked radars didn't worked. Thus I looked at MFI VLS missiles and saw AAM instead, so I changed it and it works now. Still was curious what other types do. :D

Maybe @SpannerMonkey(smce) should change the type for it to work? I can send pictures if he wants...

Thanks again! Have a nice day!

Toonu

38 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Guys, I need some help.

Whenever I toggle my unguided bombs, the green targeting circle appears, but always directly below the plane, which makes it useless. The targeting circle should be well in front of the plane, right?

You are not using the latest BDAc version https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v0.2.1.1/BDArmory.0.2.1.1_05282017.zip

5 hours ago, Toonu said:

Thanks a lot. I'm actually trying to make few missiles for use. But that wasn't the issue. I had problem with PEW UGM-109 Tomahawk anti-ship missile, because when launched from VLS, it went just up until burnout. I had to change its type to AAM to work, because at AGM, it didn't target the other ship and just fly straight. maybe it was because boresight, but when in VLS Mk41, it is pointed up. Locked radars didn't worked. Thus I looked at MFI VLS missiles and saw AAM instead, so I changed it and it works now. Still was curious what other types do. :D

Maybe @SpannerMonkey(smce) should change the type for it to work? I can send pictures if he wants...

Thanks again! Have a nice day!

Toonu

That was probably due to targeting method, did you manually fire or use AI? I believe the PEW Tomahawk is GPS targeting type by default and will tend to do that because of bad AI logic. We are about to release new features in which you can designate the missiles target type (ground,air or missile) so the AI chooses the proper weapon to fire back.

As for the missile tweaks, you can mix up your targeting and guidance types to different effects, some useful some not

Targeting Types

• Radar
  • Heat
  • Laser
  • Gps
  • AntiRad
  • none

Guidance Types

• AAMLead
  • AGM
  • AGMBallistic
  • Cruise
  • BeamRiding

I believe @TheDog just updated the cruise missile targeting to switch to radar in final phase as it can be hard to hit a moving Boat with an Anti-ship missile with GPS only 

RE: PEW , I helped  @SpannerMonkey(smce) tweak those missiles quite a bit in last release however, he has handed PEW back to original maintainer, but not seen any updates since April.

1 minute ago, gomker said:

That was probably due to targeting method, did you manually fire or use AI? I believe the PEW Tomahawk is GPS targeting type by default and will tend to do that because of bad AI logic. We are about to release new features in which you can designate the missiles target type (ground,air or missile) so the AI chooses the proper weapon to fire back.

As for the missile tweaks, you can mix up your targeting and guidance types to different effects, some useful some not

Targeting Types

• Radar
  • Heat
  • Laser
  • Gps
  • AntiRad
  • none

Guidance Types

• AAMLead
  • AGM
  • AGMBallistic
  • Cruise
  • BeamRiding

I believe @TheDog just updated the cruise missile targeting to switch to radar in final phase as it can be hard to hit a moving Boat with an Anti-ship missile with GPS only 

RE: PEW , I helped  @SpannerMonkey(smce) tweak those missiles quite a bit in last release however, he has handed PEW back to original maintainer, but not seen any updates since April.

Actually not, (using 1.2.2 KSP and 0.9.0.1 060217 122 Beta R14 PEW) and all Tomahawks are GPS except anti-ship which are targeted via radar and AGM. Thus I changed just to AAM and it works now. I fired manually after the AI couldn't handle it with same result. When we are at features, it will be good to chose with which gun AI should defend. As I said few posts back, AI defended ship  with 155mm guns instead of (CIWS) laser batteries... It can be just for guns for example.... and of course I know its hard to code. You are doing amazing work even without that feature :D

6 hours ago, Toonu said:

Maybe @SpannerMonkey(smce) should change the type for it to work?

Hi my time as caretaker of PEW has come to an end, LP has expressed a wish to fully overhaul the mod from scratch, and as I see little value in changing things that might just be scrapped I've stopped work completely on PEW  The PEW continued thread has now been locked  for a couple of weeks  as there's nothing more i can legitimately do without it being a waste of time. All comments or questions should be directed to the original PEW thread in addon development

The GPS missiles need a very particular setup to be able to respond well to vertical launch and in every case it's slightly different. As a guess I'd say the maximum torque is too low, with the missile not being able to turn to it's heading.   However it's a certainty that if the missile leaves the pod and flies straight up (without any attempt to track to target)  then it's simply because it isn't locked to target, despite any indication you have that it is, the GPS system seems like one of the first things to start failing if the are other game problems,  I'd be tempted to check the logs to see what is really going on in the background. 

36 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

Hold on, this link is not working on my computer, so is there another way to get it?

Hi go here download the version of your choice

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases

3 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

I'm currently in China using VPN, but I cannot access github to get the updates, anyone knows a way to get the files?

Are you allow to connect to the Internet without the VPN? 

Hey, been trying to get the missiles to fire on guard mode. For the life of me, I can't. I've tried using different missiles, different launchers and I've strapped every bit of targeting software possible onto this thing. Missiles refuse to acknowledge the target is even there, on the air or the ground.

EF5TK84.jpg

I'm doubtless you've had this issue before and I'm aware it's just me lacking the knowledge on how to do it (not a bug), but could I please just have a hand setting these missiles up to fire?

Much appreciated,

Ryan

Edited by ryan234abc

29 minutes ago, ryan234abc said:

I'm doubtless you've had this issue before

Hi have you fitted a weapon manager on the target craft as i see no targets in the radar image.   Have you installed PRE Physics range extender which is an now essential part of BDA

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/download/1.4.0/PhysicsRangeExtender.1.4_28052017.zip

24 minutes ago, The Incredible Blobfisch said:

I am having a strange issue with my BDA: The tracers of every single gun is purple and the screen of the targeting pod is too. I only have this issue since 1.3. Have used BDA for a long time now and never had such things occuring

Btw this is my first post on KSP.com so hello everyone! :D

Hi! We need your KSP. log file in order to be able to give you an accurate answer. 

But  my initial  bet is that you are not running the game on DirectX9 or Directx 11, Maybe OpenGL? 

Edited by jrodriguez

I have installed BDArmory.0.2.1.1_05282017 and it appears to have BDALoadedVesselSwitcher but it does not work: it can see only one vessel at a time (the active vessel).

Edited by RuBisCO

1 hour ago, RuBisCO said:

I have installed BDArmory.0.2.1.1_05282017 and it appears to have BDALoadedVesselSwitcher but it does not work: it can see only one vessel at a time (the active vessel).

9 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Have you installed PRE Physics range extender which is an now essential part of BDA

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/download/1.4.0/PhysicsRangeExtender.1.4_28052017.zip