story mode  

30 members have voted

1. 1. story mode

• would you like to have a story implimented into the stock career mode as an option
    • you would not like a story option
  2. 2. completion

• you have completed the career at least once(finished tech tree)
    • you have not completed the career at least once(finished tech tree)
  3. 3. when you finished the career did you

• feel acomplished and never want to see it again
    • feel like something was missing
    • wish there was a story to follow to keep you interested

Oh hey, it's the "finish the tree, finish the game" meme again. I love it.

Career is a mess. Making the science points the only available thing to unlock the tree was a horrible decision. The career needs to be redone first. Only then I will be able to mentally accept any kind of story mode.

But I'd rather see a story mode in a sequel game which would be based around airplanes.

Pole: noun -  a long, cylindrical, often slender piece of wood, metal, etc.: a telephone pole; a fishing pole.

Poll: noun - a sampling or collection of opinions on a subject, taken from either a selected or a random group of persons, as for the purpose of analysis.

Rocket science is hard. Grammar, in the age of electronic assistance (regardless of language), not so much.

Item 2 has "you have not completed the career at least once" as an option.
Item 3 assumes that the respondent has completed the career at least once, and is a required field.

This is a faulty poll that will lead to people either unable to complete it or giving incorrect information.

I get the idea behind adding a story to KSP, but I for one like to have control over it.  I am writing my own story.  Of course, most of the games I play are simulators or things like the Civilization series that lack a defined story.  The story comes out of the events that occur, not from some outside structure imposed on it by a writer.

In addition, I'd hate to see any further chance for Squad to impose the junkyard aesthetic on the game.  I'm really sick of the "Kerbals are stupid creatures that make spaceships out of garbage and other crap" thing.  It was funny once.  It quickly wore thin.

(Everything discussing "pole" vs. "poll" is discussing the subject of the thread.)

Edited by razark

Note that I did not vote in the poll (pole) because I disagree with all three options in question 3. Also, I create my own story and would not want any story line forced upon me in the game. I'd like it however if there are some more expanded scenarios with a (background) story.

My answer to question 3:

3. when you finished the career did you

icon-check.png Continue with the same career. Loved it so much that I kept going to achieve more of my personal targets within the same career game (e.g. Jool-5 and Dres Awareness missions, now heading to Eeloo and Moho).

I do not need stories in video games. I think that the career phase is just beginning of the game and when I get all tech the best parts of the game begins. Then I can make massive projects with sandbox style. There is not suitable option in third question.

On 16/01/2017 at 6:18 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Grumble grumble. Procrastination is literally the only reason I haven't put my story line concept to text... well that and fear that Squad won't like it.

What does it matter if squad don't like it?

On 1/16/2017 at 1:18 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Grumble grumble. Procrastination is literally the only reason I haven't put my story line concept to text... well that and fear that Squad won't like it.

I hope this isn't straying off topic too much, but why are you letting that stop you? By holding off writing something because Squad may or may not it, you may be defeating yourself. I'll be brutally honest, from a business perspective, if I were Squad, and wanted a story or movie or whatever, I wouldn't be waiting around for someone to submit it. I would go immediately to this forum's fan works section and find the most followed and viewed authors, and reach out to them..... yes, I know, at the risk of sounding arrogant, this would include me. But if you aren't putting yourself out there and making an effort, no-one at Squad will know you exist. And if you submit something straight to them, but have no real following, then they're likely to pass you right by for someone with a large fan base.

Please don't misunderstand.. I'm not trying to knock you down... but I see you write over and over that you're procrastinating... and I'm hoping to get you un-procrastinated..... if that's a word... lol..... 

33 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I hope this isn't straying off topic too much, but why are you letting that stop you? By holding off writing something because Squad may or may not it, you may be defeating yourself. I'll be brutally honest, from a business perspective, if I were Squad, and wanted a story or movie or whatever, I wouldn't be waiting around for someone to submit it. I would go immediately to this forum's fan works section and find the most followed and viewed authors, and reach out to them..... yes, I know, at the risk of sounding arrogant, this would include me. But if you aren't putting yourself out there and making an effort, no-one at Squad will know you exist. And if you submit something straight to them, but have no real following, then they're likely to pass you right by for someone with a large fan base.

Please don't misunderstand.. I'm not trying to knock you down... but I see you write over and over that you're procrastinating... and I'm hoping to get you un-procrastinated..... if that's a word... lol..... 

Well do I have enough of a fan base?

46 minutes ago, Pine said:

@ZooNamedGames, indeed. Unless someone thinks my art is good I'll find flaws in it up to the point that I hate it. :P

Yes, but bear in mind that many of the worlds greatest authors and artists were totally unappreciated in their time, and it took years, and sometimes even centuries, before they were recognized as genius.

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.