what to do in situations

situations  

22 members have voted

1. 1. you do a mission to laythe then you run out of fuel trying to get into an orbit of laythe, you

• try to make you launch and burns to get there more efficient(like using a gravity slingshot instead of a straight burn)
    • try to make your rocket more efficient(like using asparagus staging)
    • add more fuel or power
    • two or more of the above
  2. 2. your about to land at eve but your going too fast to survive with you current heat shield and you don't have enough fuel to slow down, you

• add bigger heat shield
    • add more fuel to slow down
    • make trip more efficient to conserve enough fuel to slow down
    • two or more of the above
  3. 3. you land a lander on the mun and then you realize you don't have enough fuel to get back, you

• send another lander to get them
    • get into low mun orbit to have a rescue vessel to get them
    • keep them there. they aren't worth it
    • go as far as you can with the current lander before sending a spacecraft to get them

If I keep running out of fuel like in these scenarios, I'd first ask myself why my DV budgets are suddenly no longer adequate. I plan my missions and DV budgets every step of the way and plug in a 10% reserve for each burn. Thus, "running out of fuel" isn't a situation that normally happens to me.

Best,
-Slashy

21 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

If I keep running out of fuel like in these scenarios, I'd first ask myself why my DV budgets are suddenly no longer adequate. I plan my missions and DV budgets every step of the way and plug in a 10% reserve for each burn. Thus, "running out of fuel" isn't a situation that normally happens to me.

Best,
-Slashy

I pretend I do like it while in reality I usually say "oh, looks like I didn’t overengineered this one!"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.