Cosmos Rocket (KSP Demo 1.0)

The Cosmos came about after quite a lot of development to enable Kerbals to land on the moons of Kerbin.  It's not going to win any beauty contests, there isn't much in the way of innovation, and now even I can see where improvements could be made.  However it was built with one goal, to enable a Kerballed landings on Mun and Minmus, and return the Kerbanauts safely to Kerbin.  In this it was a complete success and even though it has flaws, I'm really proud of this rocket and hope you like it too. :D

Specifications:

Part Count: 281 (229 without Lander)

Height: 21.1m (15.3m without Lander)

Width: 9.6m (Lander 4.3m)

Weight 140.9 tons (88.9 without Lander)

Performance Notes:  Considering the limited parts available in the demo version of KSP, this rocket handles really well.  It does get a little tricky to control as the atmosphere thins, but overall it's not overly difficult to achieve an equatorial orbit with a Cosmos.

I hope you like my first really successful rocket, look forward to reading your comments and thank you sincerely for taking the time to look at this. 

Edited by The Flying Kerbal
Trying to add images.

A little Googling and I didn't have trouble getting into orbit with demo, even managed to send Jeb on a transMunar flight -- but ran out of deltaV and couldn't get him all the way back to Kerbin.  I probably could now, my piloting/orbit planning skills have improved since then.

Sure is easier with the better selection of tanks and engines in the full 1.2.2 sandbox, though.

Edited by Zeiss Ikon
Minor correction

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.