Anybody watch football?

memes in space

Football  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch football (Gridiron football if you aren't in North America)?

• Yes, NFL mostly
    • Yes, college mostly
    • Yes, both
    • No

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

I didn't used to watch football until a few months ago. I still don't, except for my college team.

It seems too violent to me, even with the padding. And the timer annoys the heck out of me.

OCD killing you like it does me?

Also, I find it hard to appreciate a game where people slam into each other at bone shattering power for the entertainment of others. I thought we were in a first world country? Yet we celebrate the right of people to slam into each other like a bunch of barbarians!

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

The Netherlands isn't alone in that respect. FIFA! :confused: But I must admit; I do love watching FIFA. Hummm... maybe wars should be fought instead via FIFA??? lol

Agreed. I dont mind you loving to watch FIFA, because im sure you are not a diehard harcore fan.

5 hours ago, Frybert said:

I had changed my sig to "RUN. THE. TABLE." and we blew a 21-3 lead. I changed it back and some Aaron Rodgers magic (and some Crosby magic too) happened. So. Tank Butt it is.

so do you like the pack?

I would change my avatar to the packers logo if only I kept the file with the picture of my current one :/ 

and has anyone found the packers reference in my sig? not the go pack go one, but the one in my favorite team

FIND IT!!

Edited by StupidAndy

Just now, worir4 said:

Do a lot of you guys from the USA watch English football? because i know not many people from the UK watch American Football

I watch "Goal Zone" On NBC every Sunday; We don't get any games because (According to a friend who lives in England) Sky Sports charges ridiculous amounts on Pay per view, and don't even show the games in Murica

On 1/15/2017 at 10:43 PM, StupidAndy said:

have you ever seen a crimson tide? no... no you haven't

ACTUALLY! A crimson tide (I think) Is an ocean phenomenon that occurs when certain levels of something science-y kill off a ton of fish and turn the water red... I think.

Oh, and @pTrevTrevs I guess I'm rooting for the Falcons since Green Bay beat my home-team. (And yes, I know Houston exists. Do I want them to win? NO! Do I like them? NO! Will I root for them? You guessed it: NO!)

On 1/16/2017 at 4:08 AM, NSEP said:

And its just a game too, not some kind of war between two countries, wich it actually feels like.

*Playing FIFA*

COME ON REF WHAT WAS THAT!!! RED CARD HIM! RED- OH YEAH YOU'RE IN TROUBLE NOW BOY- WHAT?!?!? YELLOW??!? I SWEAR I'LL RIP YOUR STINKING HEAD OFF!!!!!

Oh-*Ahem* I mean "Oh well; All in good fun"

American football; probably the worst named game ever. Players (except one) do not use their feet and use a 'ball' that isn't actually a ball.
But soccer isn't any better. 22 idiots running after a ball and when they finally have it they kick it away. In American football at least they try to hang on to it.

Edited by Tex_NL

1 hour ago, worir4 said:

Do a lot of you guys from the USA watch English football? because i know not many people from the UK watch American Football

I dont, but I know it was starting to get popular in Orlando before I left there. I would also point out that the NFL plays a few games in London every season and the stadium seems pretty full. 

6 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Oh, and @pTrevTrevs I guess I'm rooting for the Falcons since Green Bay beat my home-team. (And yes, I know Houston exists. Do I want them to win? NO! Do I like them? NO! Will I root for them? You guessed it: NO!)

With luck, we'll see something like this soon enough

1974PACKERS-FalconsGoodman.jpg

But if Green Bay wins, I won't be too upset, since They're an okay team and I prefer college football to NFL anyway.

Houston has a football team?

11 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

With luck, we'll see something like this soon enough

1974PACKERS-FalconsGoodman.jpg

But if Green Bay wins, I won't be too upset, since They're an okay team and I prefer college football to NFL anyway.

Houston has a football team?

1. Oh gosh I'm going to pray harder than a priest on game-day.

2. Yeah, but I only root for Green Bay if it's basically a last resort

3. Yup. Stupid Houston Texans... DALLAS WAS HERE FIRST YOU NUMB-SKULLS!!!

On 1/16/2017 at 5:08 AM, NSEP said:

I do not watch both Footballs (Soccer and American). Here in the Netherlands, fans take Football waaay to seriously, like its war.

And its just a game too, not some kind of war between two countries, wich it actually feels like.

http://www.impawards.com/1975/rollerball_ver2.html  Note the tagline.

BTW, great movie.  Ignore the remake.

And Rollerball is much better to watch than ANY kind of football. :wink:

17 hours ago, Frybert said:

I dont, but I know it was starting to get popular in Orlando before I left there. I would also point out that the NFL plays a few games in London every season and the stadium seems pretty full. 

For what it's worth, I'm an ersatz Buckeyes fan now living in South Carolina (Clemson beat Alabama? Really?), but the point of the video was: First - to show that American football is somewhat popular in the UK, and second, to show off The Best Damn Band In The Land (that's an official title, by the way. Even Wiki says so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ohio_State_University_Marching_Band :wink:)

23 hours ago, worir4 said:

I don't recall seeing much of it broadcast, at least not on the networks offered me here. There was a time I remember when the NFL went on strike, and in substitution they put Australian football up, which was interesting. I watched it just to see the little guy in the hat run out into the end zone with hands up... kinda goofy.

22 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

an ocean phenomenon that occurs when certain levels of something science-y kill off a ton of fish and turn the water red

"a discoloration of seawater caused by a bloom of toxic red dinoflagellates."

yep

Edited by LordFerret

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.