KSP ships folder is unreadable

It always generates the files so that I can't read them. It generates the ships folder usually so I can't read it. I can read everything else fine (most of the time, steam sometimes makes it so I can't read certain things but idk)

Why does this happen?

Edited by memes in space
Calmer tone hopefully

@memes in space, Program Files is a protected Windows folder, there will have been a warning telling you it is not meant to be accessed the first time it was opened, and the user is not supposed to manually access or install files there so you are likely having issues if you do not have an admin account on your computer.

If you open the Kerbal Space Program folder via Steam you should be able to access the files.

hnJbDcs.png

X6q4kWB.png

And if you copy KSP to a new folder in your C:\ drive (recommended is C:\Games) you should be able to access all the files in the new copy.

I will copy KSP into a new folder. Steam is really dumb but cheap games I guess..

I think I found what may have happened with the unreadable folders.

I clicked "Delete Local Content" on KSP in Steam. When I restart, they become readable again.

Anyways, they were readable and I clicked delete local content. It all went bad then.

So, what I'm assuming is that Steam has taken them and is deleting them, it just seems that it can't either.

Edited by memes in space

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.