Infinitum super-duper-mega-update 7/16/17

Spaceception

Please vote if you want to be a beta reader.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. You want to be a Beta reader? When you post comments, please give constructive criticism on the chapter, don't just tell me it's good or bad. :)

• I do
    • No thanks, I just want to read it
    • Maybe some of the time

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

During NaNoWriMo, every participant is a full-time author.

No, there's a lot of people who aren't published, An author is someone who's published, a writer is someone who just writes, I'm a writer (For now)

4 hours ago, fredinno said:

H O L Y  excrements  F A M

Look at me, writing 500 words in a day if I'm lucky. (usually nothing at all)

What are you, a full-time writer? Geebus!

.Careful, you could get a warning :P

Try setting a timer, 15-30 minutes, and write as much as you can, it's a first draft, don't worry about perfection. Cut it out later :)

Yeah, I suppose, I have nothing else to do.

4 hours ago, Spaceception said:

No, there's a lot of people who aren't published, An author is someone who's published, a writer is someone who just writes, I'm a writer (For now)

.Careful, you could get a warning :P

Try setting a timer, 15-30 minutes, and write as much as you can, it's a first draft, don't worry about perfection. Cut it out later :)

Yeah, I suppose, I have nothing else to do.

No, I DO do that, I guess I'm just slow. Writing fiction isn't my best talent.

23 minutes ago, fredinno said:

Do you read writer's digest online? Or something similar? That could help  I was slow for awhile as well, just keep going at it. :)

2 hours ago, fredinno said:

Do you outline? If you don't, that could be a contributing factor. Even like ten words per chapter could give you something to work with.

9 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Other sources of important novel research include Atomic Rockets

Bruh, that's my homepage :wink:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I found that if the windspeed of a nuclear blast is ~300 m/s, and since my poor character was 22 km away, it would take 76.33 seconds to get to him.

Not to mention the burns you'd get from being so close to a bigS bomb.

RIP

New update!!!

I'm doing 'TeenPit' which is a contest for teens between 10th and 12th grade, and I have my 50 word pitch, and first 250 words

Spoiler

It’s 2313

When the spacecraft Infinitum travels through an experimental Wormhole, Raven and her crew find themselves in the LMC, home to three alien alliances. One trying to keep the stability... and two on the verge of war...

With no way of returning home, have they made a grave mistake?

Infinitum, docked to Mimas spaceport.

Raven got up early. After years of odd jobs, and ship construction, they were finally leaving. Walking up to her window tiredly, she watched Mimas rotate from under the port. Her warm breath misted the glass, and she closed her eyes, leaning against it… Nothing will be the same after today.

After getting dressed, she jogged down to the bridge, listening to her mag-boots clattering on the curved metal floor, and dark hair making gentle waves in the null-g, with the crescent of Saturn filling up most of the view in the window.

Alright everyone, we need to do a systems check before we leave the spaceport.” She said, walking across the bridge, pulling on her comms set.

Roger, captain,” Radioed Evan lightly from engineering, “antimatter engines running nicely, fusion reactor purring like a kitten.”

Have you ever seen a kitten?” she asked curiously

Only pictures, pets are an Earth luxury.”

Lance, how’s the crew?”

Good, everyone’s strapped in,” he radioed from the crew bay.

Morales, what’s the status for spaceport departure?” The spaceport was over a century old, and getting ready for retirement. Old, abandoned, broken machinery dotted the sixty kilometer behemoth. And the Infinitum, despite being almost a kilometer long, looked tiny compared to it. Over a dozen ships arrived or left each day. Some with dozens or hundreds of people migrating in between the Saturnian federation, or if you struck it rich, to the inner solar system.

We’re go,” he replied.

On the writing side, I'm working on Chapter 15, and have 56.3k words completed, and 30.3k words overall for NaNo. :D

Ugh, sorry for the lack of updates.

So far, 62k words have been written overall.

I'm working on Chapter 17.

Chapter 1 is undergoing heavy revisions for the writing contest I mentioned.

I have a website: https://spaceception.wixsite.com/spaceceptionwriter

I have a Critique Partner.

And I'll find out tomorrow if I get a mentor from said writing contest.

Holy crap a lot of stuff is happening at the same time :D

Edited by Spaceception

yeah yeah, no updates.

Anyway, almost 66k words written.

Working on Chapter 18

I'm most likely going to merge Chapters 1 and 2, starting out with a space riot, and ending in a space battle.

And only eight chapters after that.

With any luck, I'll be finished with the first draft before the end of the month, I almost have a novel here!

Edited by Spaceception

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.